1265 1 2022-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMNdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298865 ft
  • >>>
United States

RavenEye literature says it is compatible with Ronin-S and Canon 1DX Mark III but I cannot get it to work.

All have latest firware. Ronin app is latest version.

I can connect to Ronin-S with Ronin app and it works fine with Olympus OM-D E-M1X, with Canon 1DX Mark III, with Canon 1DX Mark II, with Canon R5. When using with any of these cameras the cable from the Ronin-S is connected to the USB port on the camera.

I just purchased RavenEye so I can have camera view and Ronin control on same app.

I have tried multiple cameras with the same results.

What happens is I can be connected to the Ronin-S and when I turn on RavenEye and connetct it to iPhone via Wi-Fi that works. But the next time I open Ronin app it has a popup telling me the Bluetooth may interfere and to turn it off. I do so and then open Ronin app again. This time the Gimbal is no longer connected.

I have tried connecting Ronin-S to camera USB and camera HDMI to RavenEye HDMI.

I have tried connecting Camera USB to RavenEye and Camera HDMI to RavenEye.

I can't connect Ronin-S to RavenEye because the cable isn't long enough to reach hotshoe even with RavenEye turned sidewys so ports are nearest gimbal output on left side. Ronin-S has that specialized end that connects to Ronin-S but supplied cable is too long.

The message that comes up is "Go to Disable System Bluetooth. Once that is done Raveneye connects but another popup says "DJI Ronin connected with RavenEye. Connect your gimbal to RavenEye to control it using DJI Ronin. If I remobe the RavenEye from the hot shoe so the cable will reach then I get the video image on RavenEye. But I still don't have gimbal control. It won't let me enable any of the features like joystick, force mobile, focus control, etc. If I leave th RavenEye camera view it the Ronin app tells me "Gimbal not connected."

Then the gimbal drop-down only gives me the option of DJI RSC 2 or DJI RS 2 to connect. I think the reason is that the Ronin-S connects via bluetooth which the app is forcing me to turn off.

So it just doesn't work and I have tried multiple cameras. This despite the RavenEye saying it is compatible with both the cameras I am using and the Ronin-S gimbal.

Anyone have the same experience and what did you do to fix it?

2022-2-2
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

You can't use both Raveneye and the gimbal functions through Ronin app at the same time on one smartphone. That's also one of the reasons why it says it'll interfere when both the wifi or bluetooth are on at the same time. BUT you still can use both functions with two phones separately with the Ronin app. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
XinRain
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules