My 1st real video
775 22 2022-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Up until this weekend my flights with my Mini 2 were really just practice flights to get to know the equipment.

On Sunday, however, I headed to church... Not for a service, but to shoot the spectacular St Barnabas which, despite being in the middle of nowhere, has been described as a mini cathedral.

For a first proper go at capturing something that was properly planned, I'm pretty pleased with this.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there -N.O.T. Good day and thank you for sharing this amazing video you have filmed using your DJI Mini 2. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-2-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as good at second viewing ;)
2022-2-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-3 11:13
Just as good at second viewing ;)
Yeah, you got me

I did post the link here first, though, before I posted it in "the other place"!
2022-2-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go to echo Bleriot's comment.  Just as good at second viewing.  

You really did a great job on this video.  
2022-2-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-3 13:52
Go to echo Bleriot's comment.  Just as good at second viewing.  

You really did a great job on this video.

Thanks, really appreciate the comments.

Boosts the confidence for my next outing - I just have to wait for the weather and find another spot. The exploring via Google Earth and then driving the areas is good fun in itself as well - imagining where I might be able to fly.
2022-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice footage.   Better than most first attempts.
2022-2-4
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Love the mysterious beginning and music, as well as the very nice and soft movement in the beginning up and left. You got good control of the sticks.
2022-2-4
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 2-4 01:46
Love the mysterious beginning and music, as well as the very nice and soft movement in the beginning up and left. You got good control of the sticks.

Thanks kyalami, the practice seems to be paying dividends!

-N.O.T.
2022-2-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-3 14:23
Thanks, really appreciate the comments.

Boosts the confidence for my next outing - I just have to wait for the weather and find another spot. The exploring via Google Earth and then driving the areas is good fun in itself as well - imagining where I might be able to fly.

I haven't tried using Google Earth for that yet but now I think I'll give it a shot.  
2022-2-4
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

No Original Thought Posted at 2-4 02:34
Thanks kyalami, the practice seems to be paying dividends!

-N.O.T.

You are more than welcome. I have had the drone now for over a year and not yet managed to do just that move you did. Winter stops me for many month though. I will practice as you say and make it perfect one day. Enjoying your flight manual very much and adding some of yours to my list. Thanks very much for this list you have done and all the details, which you probably will not not need at the end, as they will eventually be so baked in to your thinking and become automatic without thinking of them.
2022-2-4
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, one of the best I have seen.  Fantastic!
2022-2-4
Use props
VL3X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

Excellent job! I'm still in the testing phase trying to get comfortable with flying and smoothing out video shots.
2022-2-4
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

smbishop Posted at 2-4 11:01
Honestly, one of the best I have seen.  Fantastic!

Thanks, really appreciated.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-4
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

VL3X Posted at 2-4 13:30
Excellent job! I'm still in the testing phase trying to get comfortable with flying and smoothing out video shots.
The practice is really worth it.

I've got plenty of shots manoeuvring around random uninspiring trees getting the feel for things. But I've only been out flying this drone on four occasions before this outing so the ease of flying the Minin2 also has to take some of the credit.

I've also been making videos for more years than I cared to remember so I'm able to visualise what I want a shot to look like which helps a bit, I suppose, though drone work opens up a lot of opportunities to try completely new shots.

That opening short was a determined effort to but just reproduce the same drone shots you always see. I wanted a reveal shot that felt like a Steady am shot of someone entering the church yard and then turning and floating upwards to reveal the church and particularly that spire.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-4
Use props
ShiuRao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185673 ft
New Zealand

very nice video
2022-2-4
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Pleased as well here.  Nicely done.  You are amongst the group who has connections with Mother Nature - nice lighting and scenery as well.  Your speed of the drone was perfect for me.  Thank you for sharing.
2022-2-6
Use props
rondizz
lvl.1

United States

wow! what a beautiful church with some great history!  nice work on the video too!  i cant wait till i start doing some proper filming, im in that stage of getting to know the hardware
2022-2-6
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ShiuRao Posted at 2-4 16:31
very nice video

Thanks, can't wait to get out to shoot more.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-7
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 2-6 18:21
Pleased as well here.  Nicely done.  You are amongst the group who has connections with Mother Nature - nice lighting and scenery as well.  Your speed of the drone was perfect for me.  Thank you for sharing.

Thanks,

I was a but concerned that the dynamic range was going to be too much - the sunset was really bright so it was either overexpose that or leave the churchyard in the dark.

The churchyard was really dark straight out of the camera, but I wanted it to look moody anyway so a bit of tweaking in the edit got it exactly where I wanted it.

Underexposing slightly is your friend!

-N.O.T.
2022-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, some really nice light in that video. Your on your way now good luck.
2022-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good!
2022-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now