5001 11 2022-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
btframework
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

Hi,

After sensor calibration I went for test flight. It's about -3C here, ~5m/s wind. So after take off I flew about 10 minutes around me testing the sensors (all in cine mode). All works great. Then I landed the drone. I did not turn it off. Wait for about a minuites (checking batt status) and take it off again. After that drone stopped moving sideways. Roward/backward/yaw work as it should except one thing: forward/backward starts moving too agressive (as it in Sport mode) but I still use cine mode. I landed it. Turned off and on again the drone (did not turn the remote off and did not restart the app). After restarting the drone I take it off again. The problem was still there. And only after I switched the drone to normal and back to cine mode it starts working as expected.

Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.21.30

Remote Controller: v04.12.00.55
Fly App: 1.5.9

Does anyone have the same issue?

2022-2-3
Use props
ahsposo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589400 ft

United States

Not sideways; I've had a random issue with it not responding to up or down input from the Smart Controller. I'll toggle it through the flying modes (C,N,S) to fix.

2022-2-3
Use props
Oranges
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458356 ft
Malaysia

Hi, Have u tried toggling the APAS button highlighted in the image, off? Turning it on will disable sideways flight to prevent sideways collision (no vision sensors on the sides). I bumped it a few times and had the same issue, until i realized everytime i input a left/right movement, that icon will blink in red.  

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers.
2022-2-3
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Belarus

As I I wrote it flew sideways right after first take off. And I have turned off "disable sideway" setting (not sure how it is called) always. So that is not the problem. The problem appeared after landing and take off again. And disappeared after switching between flight modes.
2022-2-3
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The Remote Control always starts in Normal Mode, regardless of switch position. Switch to normal and to whatever setting afterwards to get correct speed. Normal & sport mode are pretty similar.
2022-2-3
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Belarus

videoeditman Posted at 2-3 07:55
The Remote Control always starts in Normal Mode, regardless of switch position. Switch to normal and to whatever setting afterwards to get correct speed. Normal & sport mode are pretty similar.

I have never had such issue. My Air 2S and Mini 2 start in selected mode always. However, the question was not about flying mode but about why it stops moving sideways after landing and taking off again.
2022-2-3
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

btframework Posted at 2-3 08:04
I have never had such issue. My Air 2S and Mini 2 start in selected mode always. However, the question was not about flying mode but about why it stops moving sideways after landing and taking off again.

I have not seen an issue flying sideways, I just commented on the Mode as this has been DJI's standard operating procedure, unless they implemented a change. I haven't flown in a few months, a bit cold and lost my Mini 2 a few months back!
2022-2-3
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Belarus

videoeditman Posted at 2-3 12:47
I have not seen an issue flying sideways, I just commented on the Mode as this has been DJI's standard operating procedure, unless they implemented a change. I haven't flown in a few months, a bit cold and lost my Mini 2 a few months back!

That was about Air 2S. My Mini 2 flies without any problem.
2022-2-3
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

btframework Posted at 2-3 12:49
That was about Air 2S. My Mini 2 flies without any problem.

I have the air 2 s also, I just haven't flown it because of cold and crashing/ losing my mini 2 in the trees.
2022-2-4
Use props
Speed Racer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188530 ft
United States

Yep, I’m having the same issues. Won’t fly sideways only in normal mode, but it will in Cine and Sport. Also, the Cine mode seemed really fast.  Noticed this issue just in past few days.
2023-2-5
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Before flying it would be better to read carefully the manual and understand all the safety options. In particular, there is an option to block sideway flight. It’s close the menu option related to the sensors.
2023-2-5
Use props
igzi
New

United States

Oranges Posted at 2022-2-3 05:50
[view_image]

Hi, Have u tried toggling the APAS button highlighted in the image, off? Turning it on will disable sideways flight to prevent sideways collision (no vision sensors on the sides). I bumped it a few times and had the same issue, until i realized everytime i input a left/right movement, that icon will blink in red.  

Yes, that did it (the APAS button needs to be Off). My sideways issue was solved. Thanks
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules