Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoint V2 Distance Interval not triggering at specified interval
710 1 2022-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

United States

The SDK does not seem to be taking photos at the specified distance interval. After running a few tests with different distances it's taking a quarter of the photos that it should.

E.g. If a flight line between two waypoints is 200m and I set the interval to be 4m the camera should take around 50 photos but instead I get 12.
I ran this a few times on different flights with different path lengths and photo distance intervals. It seems to be increasing the distance interval by a factor of 4.

Am I doing something wrong?

iOS SDK 4.15.2
M300 with P1 camera

Actuator
- DJIWaypointV2ActionActuatorTypeCamera
- with DJIWaypointV2CameraActuatorParam
- operationType is DJIWaypointV2ActionActuatorCameraOperationTypeTakePhoto

Trigger
- DJIWaypointV2ActionTriggerTypeInterval
- DJIWaypointV2IntervalTriggerParam
- actionIntervalType = DJIWaypointV2ActionIntervalTypeDistance

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 6.15.35 PM.png
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

I think I found the cause of the issue. After further testing it seems like the enums DJIWaypointV2ActionIntervalTypeDistance and DJIWaypointV2ActionIntervalTypeTime have potentially been mixed up in the SDK.

If I configure an action to shoot photos at intervals between two waypoints with DJIWaypointV2ActionIntervalTypeDistance as the actionIntervalType and pass it a value of 6 as the interval. Instead of taking photos every 6 metres it takes a photo every 6 seconds.

If I do the reverse, set the interval type to time and pass a value of 6, photos are taken every 6 metres instead of every 6 seconds.
2022-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules