Incompatible Firmware version (Code 30224)
14214 14 2022-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1545331 ft
Canada

Hey guys,

Been using DJI products for years. This is the first time I've encountered so many issues with a drone.
I got the drone today and got all the batteries recharged, updated the firmware and proceded to get ready to fly but got this error.

I've check other threads but the problem seems to be solved.
I can't even turn off the drone sometims as the main head light will still pulse white. Only pulling the battery out works.

What should I do?
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there StellerJayFilms. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please make sure that the said DJI drone has been updated to the latest version. If the said DJI drone is on the latest version, and spare batteries have been updated along with the said DJI drone, please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. In addition try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. Kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persists, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-2-3
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-3 19:35
Hello there StellerJayFilms. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please make sure that the said DJI drone has been updated to the latest version. If the said DJI drone is on the latest version, and spare batteries have been updated along with the said DJI drone, please try to clear the firmware cache in DJI Fly app in Profile > Settings > Clear Cache and restart the app and drone and check again. In addition try to reinstall the latest DJI Fly app if the previous step does not work. Format the SD card as well. Kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persists, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

How do you update the batteries? I haven't been asked by any pop ups or messages on the app?
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

StellerJayFilms Posted at 2-3 19:44
How do you update the batteries? I haven't been asked by any pop ups or messages on the app?

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell us which product you are using and the firmware version of your aircraft, the version number of your DJI FLY App?
2022-2-3
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-3 20:13
Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell us which product you are using and the firmware version of your aircraft, the version number of your DJI FLY App?

Sure it's 01.03.0000.

I'm going to charge the batteries one more time to 100% as I read if they aren't 100% charged you won't get the update battery message.  

2022-2-3
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

First battery tried, message wasn't there...Flew around the house and landed the quad then the message appeared. It's almost like the drone is overheating or something. It's unsafe to use at this point nor can be trusted to fly. I don't know what to do. I've flown mavis to all the phantoms for 5+ years and I don't know what to do.
2022-2-3
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

StellerJayFilms Posted at 2-3 20:43
First battery tried, message wasn't there...Flew around the house and landed the quad then the message appeared. It's almost like the drone is overheating or something. It's unsafe to use at this point nor can be trusted to fly. I don't know what to do. I've flown mavis to all the phantoms for 5+ years and I don't know what to do.

Connected my controller to DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and cannot load firmware message. I mean dam I'm trying everything now for 5 hours, I'm at a loss here. So not enjoying my mini experience at all here.
2022-2-3
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

Things get weirder, the drone will be ok for one 1 battery, then I'll turn off the drone and remove battery. Plug in other battery sometimes it'll flash white bars but nothing turns on. If I wait 2-5 min and retry drone works but after I turn it off the gimbal goes limp but it just pulsing a white light and all 4 bars on the battery are flashing. Something is wrong here. I'm even trying a brand new device (ipad Pro) here. I didn't get a single update for the batteries upon start even at 100%. Oh GOD I got a lemon here.
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

StellerJayFilms Posted at 2-3 23:01
Things get weirder, the drone will be ok for one 1 battery, then I'll turn off the drone and remove battery. Plug in other battery sometimes it'll flash white bars but nothing turns on. If I wait 2-5 min and retry drone works but after I turn it off the gimbal goes limp but it just pulsing a white light and all 4 bars on the battery are flashing. Something is wrong here. I'm even trying a brand new device (ipad Pro) here. I didn't get a single update for the batteries upon start even at 100%. Oh GOD I got a lemon here.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience and the late response. Please try to update your firmware following the steps below:
1. Ensure the previous firmware update is completed and successful;
2. Re-launch the App and check if there is a firmware update required as well.
3. Update it again while ensuring the network is available and the connection between the aircraft and the remote controller (and the mobile device) is stable;
4. Clear the cache in the [profile] – [settings] – [clear cache] – [delete firmware package] and retry the step 2.3;
For your battery issue, we recommend you send an email for our support through email. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2022-2-3
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

I've got a brand new mini 2.

Charged batteries to 100%
Started the drone and went through all the updates for firmware
But couldn't fly due to this error 30224
I've multiple batteries, sometimes the drone will actually fly or not get the message but after landing it appears the 30224 error message
Update the controller DJI assistant 2 Consumer Drones Series
Tried differnt devices, iPhone 11 to iPad pro (same messages)
Cleared the cache, reinstalled the app to no avail

Now I'm getting:
ubable to take off. Disconnect aircraft from USB and try again Code 30254
But it's on the ground??

Also when this happens with this error the drone will turn off (gimbal goes limp) but the lights on the battery and front are still on flashing white.
The drone seems afully hot.

Do I have a lemon?
2022-2-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

StellerJayFilms Posted at 2-4 00:00
I've got a brand new mini 2.

Charged batteries to 100%

Hello, there. We have merged your two posts into one. Please kindly know that do not post two duplicate posts. You may refer to the forum rules.
For your issue, please pull out the battery and let them cool off, and then try again. DJI Mini2 can not upgrade the firmware on DJI Assistant 2 for now. You may try the steps above. If the issue persists, please shoot a video and contact our support through email. We will try our best to help you. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-2-4
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-4 00:33
Hello, there. We have merged your two posts into one. Please kindly know that do not post two duplicate posts. You may refer to the forum rules.
For your issue, please pull out the battery and let them cool off, and then try again. DJI Mini2 can not upgrade the firmware on DJI Assistant 2 for now. You may try the steps above. If the issue persists, please shoot a video and contact our support through email. We will try our best to help you. Thanks for your understanding and support.

I'm going to return the drone, I have a real estate job next week and was expecting this to work out of the box. Also read from others, it's a faulty circuit board that overheats so really it's a DJI chip issue and not updates or returning batteries issue. I don't have time to deal with all these issues. I've done nothing wrong, I've updated firmware, used DJI Assist to update the RC, cleared caches, update apps, deleted apps and finally recharged everything to 100% hoping a battery update button would pop up. At this point it's....ADBOA....A dead bird on arrival.
2022-2-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

StellerJayFilms Posted at 2-4 08:55
I'm going to return the drone, I have a real estate job next week and was expecting this to work out of the box. Also read from others, it's a faulty circuit board that overheats so really it's a DJI chip issue and not updates or returning batteries issue. I don't have time to deal with all these issues. I've done nothing wrong, I've updated firmware, used DJI Assist to update the RC, cleared caches, update apps, deleted apps and finally recharged everything to 100% hoping a battery update button would pop up. At this point it's....ADBOA....A dead bird on arrival.

Hi, there. We apologize for any inconvenience cuased. We respect your decision and if you need our assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-2-6
Use props
StellerJayFilms
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-6 22:36
Hi, there. We apologize for any inconvenience cuased. We respect your decision and if you need our assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your understanding and support.

So returned the drone and got a 2nd sent from Amazon. This drone works correctly and does not overheat. Deff something was wrong with the first one as it felt hot under the belly side and would get the error after 1-2 min of flying ( when it did work or had cooled down ). So thanks anyways. Now I have to transfer the DJI CARE to the new one.
2022-2-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

StellerJayFilms Posted at 2-7 00:31
So returned the drone and got a 2nd sent from Amazon. This drone works correctly and does not overheat. Deff something was wrong with the first one as it felt hot under the belly side and would get the error after 1-2 min of flying ( when it did work or had cooled down ). So thanks anyways. Now I have to transfer the DJI CARE to the new one.

Thanks for your update. Please send an email to our support. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
And tell us if you have any questions.
2022-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules