Audible Alert not in English
616 9 2022-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaybro130
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7545591 ft
United States

Any idea what this is? It pops up when starting up with altitude zone caution, but in a different language. Is this Chinese? Why is it not in English?  All other alerts are in English, which I have selected. Started with v1.5.9 app I think. IOS/Mini 2
2022-2-4
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.2
United States

For some reason, it won’t let me post the video. Tried google translate, but it says something about a multi tool!  
ED24E87A-0099-4C63-A003-280AA74D8075.png
2022-2-4
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.2
United States

Guess it’s sayin “All-titude zone re-ached”…why is it telling me that when I haven’t even taken off?  I know I’m taking off in an altitude zone limit (150m / 492 ft).  DJI, any thoughts?
2022-2-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We're you able to fly the unit to a different location to see if you still receive the said error message? In addition, this message occurs due to flying in a restricted area and you may try to reinstall the app then check if you still experience the said issue. I will also take this query of yours and will forward it to our designated team to check for the said error message. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-2-4
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-4 21:47
Hi, we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We're you able to fly the unit to a different location to see if you still receive the said error message? In addition, this message occurs due to flying in a restricted area and you may try to reinstall the app then check if you still experience the said issue. I will also take this query of yours and will forward it to our designated team to check for the said error message. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI Paladin…I will try a different location (without altitude limits) and report back here. FYI…the voice is computerized/algorithmic and is trying to pronounce “altitude zone reached”, but it sounds nothing like the rest of the alerts on the app, it’s very hard to understand.  You can see the pic I posted with the closed caption circled.  It actually sounds like “all-titude zone re-ached”.  Hope this is helpful.
2022-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jaybro130 Posted at 2-5 06:30
DJI Paladin…I will try a different location (without altitude limits) and report back here. FYI…the voice is computerized/algorithmic and is trying to pronounce “altitude zone reached”, but it sounds nothing like the rest of the alerts on the app, it’s very hard to understand.  You can see the pic I posted with the closed caption circled.  It actually sounds like “all-titude zone re-ached”.  Hope this is helpful.

Thank you for the information provided, Jaybro. I will take note of this and will wait for your update of yours after you try to fly the unit to a different location. Thank you and take care always!
2022-2-5
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-5 16:05
Thank you for the information provided, Jaybro. I will take note of this and will wait for your update of yours after you try to fly the unit to a different location. Thank you and take care always!

DJI Paladin,
I flew today outside of an altitude limit zone and did not get the alert.

It seems that when launching from a restricted altitude zone, the alert pops up.  The confusing thing is the mispronunciation of the phrase "Altitude Zone Reached".  A better alert should be closer to what is displayed on the screen. The height restriction is actually 150 meters (492 feet as I am located in the US), but I'm limited to 400 feet anyways. The alert speaks at the same time the 492 ft restriction is displayed on the screen See attached pic.  Hope this clarifies my original question.  Let me know if I can help any further.
Also, I did not re-install the app yet.  Don't want to lose any information in my files.
2022-2-6
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Jaybro130 Posted at 2-6 17:30
DJI Paladin,
I flew today outside of an altitude limit zone and did not get the alert.

In the screenshot you don't have GPS, wait for GPS lock and try to takeoff.
2022-2-7
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.2
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 2-7 05:24
In the screenshot you don't have GPS, wait for GPS lock and try to takeoff.

I understand, I was not attempting to take off with just a few satellite connections.  The screenshot was to merely show the message being displayed on the screen.
2022-2-8
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Jaybro130 Posted at 2-8 07:00
I understand, I was not attempting to take off with just a few satellite connections.  The screenshot was to merely show the message being displayed on the screen.

This is a normal message when you are trying to takeoff in an Altitude Zone (Gray on the map) it means that you will not be able to go higher than the height indicated in the message.
2022-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules