Persistent Settings
476 4 2022-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mister Boggs
New

United States

When will there be an option (if not done automatically) to persist settings across updates in go4 and dji assistant apps? Any decent User Interface should should provide this capability.

2022-2-4
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

That makes sense so I doubt they'll do that.
2022-2-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Settings that are not part of the update should be preserved. But ones that are part of a process change to the firmware or app will probably need to be reset to the defaults. No real way around it because the processes changed. For example let's say you have the max altitude set to 400 feet but then the code changed to require you to confirm your setting for safety reasons. Easier and simpler to just reset the setting to default/minimum so you will see the new warning when you change it. Sometimes the coders will not be comfortable making sure they have not overlooked some problem and so they reset all settings to be safe.
2022-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive had the same issue with the go4 app,  not with every release but some.  However as this is now an old app I doubt we will see much improvement to it.
2022-2-5
Use props
Mister Boggs
New

United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 01:20
Ive had the same issue with the go4 app,  not with every release but some.  However as this is now an old app I doubt we will see much improvement to it.

I can appreciate the issues. At the every least it'd be nice to have an export function to save your settings in text for reference. That is not asking for much. But then again they cant even provide an app on android that wont stop looping into a fault (null pointer according to my dump) so guess this would be a stretch for them.
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules