Simple question on the gimbal
329 1 2022-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MajBach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266535 ft
United States

Hi folks. Looking for som einsight on the gimbal. Couple weeks ago, set up for a flight and got a gimbal stuck error. BTW, it's a new drone with no crashes. The gimbal would do its movement cycle on start up but the azimuth control would not work not would it automatically maintain horizon in flight. I chalked it up to the cold air. Suspicions seemed confirmed when I booted it up several hours later indoors.
Two weeks go by and I go out for a flight and get the gimbal stuck notification again. There was movement on power up and the azimuth control seemed to work but once I launched it, the camera was very jittery, it seemed to act like it was in FPV mode when I yawed and as soon as I went forward, the camera jumped down to like -40 degrees and would remain there unless I hovered, manually returned ot to level. As soon as I moved forward, the same thing. The air was warm today.
I ended up doing complete calibration when I got home and it appears for the moment that fixed things but, I was hoping someone could explain what might have happened from start to finish.
Thx

2022-2-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

With power off, move the camera around in all directions gently. If there is any sticking at all, there may be foreign material in the gimbal joints.
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules