4772 8 2022-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

The v01.00.0500 firmware update "Adds USB mode for Mavic 3 Cine for copying data".

My question is...  how does this work? I just plugged my drone that was turned off into my computer via a USB-C cable and I'm not seeing the drone as a USB device. If I actually turn the drone on I see it but I don't see it while the drone is turned off. This is exactly how the drone worked before the firmware update so it's not clear to me how this firmware actually changes anything?

Maybe the USB-C cable needs to be a USB-C PD cable that's capable of delivering up to 100W or some such? Maybe it needs to be a Thunderbolt cable?
2022-2-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

If USB mode is enabled, then, when connected to a computer via USB AND POWERED ON, it will serve ONLY as external storage.
In this mode, M3 shuts down other functions and thus consumes less energy.

The immediate side effect would be that you would not be able to run Digital Assistant 2 in that mode. So, if you ever need to run it, you'd have to uncheck that mode in DJI Fly app.

That said since you don't use DA2 that often, keeping USB mode on would help you to prolong your battery life.
2022-2-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there terrafrost. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 Cine supports USB mode, enabling pilots to copy footage when the battery level of the said DJI drone is low. Enable USB mode, power on the DJI Mavic 3 Cine, and connect to a computer to use USB mode. During this time, the internal storage of the said DJI drone can be accessed but the microSD card cannot. Restart the said DJI drone and disable USB mode in the DJI Fly application to exit USB mode. USB mode will be enabled once again when the said DJI drone is restored if it was disabled via DJI Assistant 2.  Thank you.
2022-2-6
Use props
Orly NZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hello, I am looking over what has been mentioned about enabling USB mode for ingesting SSD footage from a Mavic 3, as a fully charged battery will drain in a very short timeframe, I have one very long clip which I essentially cannot ingest from the SSD as the battery dies every time while transferring. Can someone please tell the procedure as to how you actually enable the USB mode? We have Mavic 3 Cine with the Pro controller.

Can anyone help as it is essentially a brick at this time.

Thanks!
2022-5-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What size is the clip and what are your USB data transfer rates?

For anyone else, what transfer rate is the M3 cine capable of with an appropriate USB connection?
2022-5-4
Use props
Orly NZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-4 15:39
What size is the clip and what are your USB data transfer rates?

For anyone else, what transfer rate is the M3 cine capable of with an appropriate USB connection?

Thanks for your help...

The clip size is 355Gb and the transfer speed is about 41Gbps.

We are running the most up to date firmware being...
Aircraft - 01.00.0600
RC - 03.01.0600
Flysafe - 01.00.01.26
App version - 1.5.10

I can see that it is not in USB mode as described, as the motors/gimbal seem active - all I really need to know is how to turn USB mode on (hahaha this is ridiculous DJI!!!!)

Any help much appreciated!
2022-5-4
Use props
Orly NZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Update...

So some back and forth from our supplier (thanks to Yaco @ Ferntech Auckland). To enable USB mode simply navigate to Camera > scroll down to Storage > then below this you will see USB mode with a check box.

2022-5-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW, that's HUGE....
2022-5-4
Use props
Orly NZ
lvl.1