DJI Mini 2 5.8 GHz don't work after update
123Next >
24314 115 2022-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HLBxQ6yx0D8c
New

Malaysia

I also have the same problem. After update the latest firmware. The use of dual band trasmision will lost connection even just 2-4 meter away.

Abseloutly i was frustated wit DJI because still can’t solve this problem.

DJI Mini 2
2022-9-27
Use props
Manula
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1260 ft

Sri Lanka

im having the same issue anyone has a solution for this other than changing it in to 2.8 Ghz ?  Please help i have updated the firmware to latest one
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_q4GUGk96Zdbm
New

Brazil

Dupalio Posted at 8-18 17:22
Exactly the same problem as everyone else, I updated and I got sick! dji how will it be? how many more will disable their drones?

Não adianta substituir o controle
2022-10-5
Use props
fanscdc9cd95
New

Costa Rica

I called the DJI support center. They went through refreshing the updated firmware, then they Madd me update the dji fly app.... then they tried to blame it on my phone even though it's the same phone I've had for 1 year. Then I sent them a video showing how only the 2.4ghz signal worked and they said it was because it was indoors. I shot another video outdoors and they finally realized that I was right. The update to either the drones firmware or the controller did something bad to the 5.8ghz signal which means it won't work on 5.8ghz or dual band. They promised to email me a solution within 2 days it's already been 3 days. This is my 4th DJI drone and there won't be a 5th unless DJI fixes this or replaces our broken products that they broke with their update.
2022-10-9
Use props
dji_user_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18894 ft
Brazil

I’m having the same problem with my mini 2. I updated my drone with a fan on it then the hot is not the problem I think. I updated it three months ago and flown many times with no problem. Then I stay without fly for about 50 days. This week I tried to use the drone and the same problem appears. This is frustating.
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_pRvDV885hA4k
lvl.1

Mexico

I have the same issue it disconnect from 5.8 MHz I have to set manually to 2.4 it used to work fine before the update , what is the solution?
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_pRvDV885hA4k
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-6 20:08
Hello there ivanmini. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

I have the same issue is there any update on the fix?
2022-11-3
Use props
VoidWalker
New
Flight distance : 32500 ft
Brazil

Same problem here, need to change to 2.4 to fly... if let the dual band / 5.8 on, the signal just go down till the rc loses the conection with the drone. DJI is doing something to fix this? We need a new firmware update asap.
2022-11-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Im have sane problema, any solution ?
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_AGT9lhU0g7SD
New
Flight distance : 560938 ft
Philippines

Same as mine today.... after the latest update the 5.8ghz is not working only 2.4ghz is working fine... Dji said may case if forwarded to technical department and wait 2 days let see what they action for this...
2022-12-18
Use props
Madweeser
New
Flight distance : 93734 ft

Denmark

Ill for sure delay my update, until notice that this issue is resolved
2022-12-19
Use props
djiuser_FNHMqjiX9YI1
New

Vietnam

20/12/2022 I have problem same like you.
2022-12-19
Use props
djiuser_X2v23fwlaqwE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254285 ft
South Africa

I have the same problem dji mini 3 pro , 2 months old.
Was working fine , after the last update it says weak signal adjust antenna.   Now it will fly but only in 5.8ghz

Serious safety issues for operator / public and device
2022-12-26
Use props
Puzzle_Shock1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458369 ft
Slovenia

Same problem here
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_X2v23fwlaqwE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254285 ft
South Africa

Bump, dji can you offer a solution?
I was flying this thing daily, since your software update it has not been flyable. I have been in contact with you for weeks with very little in the way of useful suggestions.   I am traveling it’s not practical to ship the device back to you and be without it for months . Do you have a diagnostic tool? It would seem it’s a software related fault
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_rdJsFQUZHWWs
New
Flight distance : 301795 ft

Malaysia

I also same issue. I can only use 2.4ghz. When i use 5.8ghz or dual band error code 80004 came up. This problem started since last update (november)… now i update to latest firmware (december) but still not fixed.
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_L1aOU8vlDLrI
lvl.1

Canada

Same here. Signal on 5.8Ghz loses only a couple of meters away. Only able to fly on 2.4Ghz. DJI, please fix it.
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_Dl3MePANOo32
New
United States

Just purchased my Mini 2 and experiencing this same issue with no option to choose dual band or 5.8gHz.  

@DJI - Please help!
2023-1-2
Use props
djiuser_KW1dHsjZ54Ti
lvl.1
Canada

Just updated mine this morning and no longer able to fly in 5.8ghz, same issue. God dammit
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_L1aOU8vlDLrI
lvl.1

Canada

fanscdc9cd95 Posted at 2022-10-9 05:04
I called the DJI support center. They went through refreshing the updated firmware, then they Madd me update the dji fly app.... then they tried to blame it on my phone even though it's the same phone I've had for 1 year. Then I sent them a video showing how only the 2.4ghz signal worked and they said it was because it was indoors. I shot another video outdoors and they finally realized that I was right. The update to either the drones firmware or the controller did something bad to the 5.8ghz signal which means it won't work on 5.8ghz or dual band. They promised to email me a solution within 2 days it's already been 3 days. This is my 4th DJI drone and there won't be a 5th unless DJI fixes this or replaces our broken products that they broke with their update.

Hi, as everyone else I had the same problem. But unlike everyone else, it was a brad new drone and I updated the firmware right away, so basically I never flew with a working 5.8Ghz, and I suspected that it was a manufacture defect. I just sent it back for replacement. The interesting part , not everyone who’s upgrading their firmware experience the same problem. So, did you find a solution? (I hope u did)
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175449 ft
Poland

Does anyone have GEN2 version of mini 2 with not working 5.8ghz?
Gen1 - serial number starts with 3
Gen2 - serial number starts with 5
2023-1-6
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

Dupalio Posted at 2022-8-30 15:29
Resolvi o problema, enviei para a jxDrones 500 reais e o drone voltou ao normal. Extremamente decepcionado com a DJI a parte ruim de ser a única gigante do mercado sem concorrencia a altura ficamso a emrce desse tipo de tratamento com o cliente

Are you Brazilian? Is JXdrones a store in Rio de Janeiro? Does your drone work perfectly until today after repair?
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_L1aOU8vlDLrI
lvl.1

Canada

Just received a replacement mini 2 from DJI because of the 5.8Ghz issue. I updated to most recent firmware no more 5.8ghz problem , signal seem to be stable, athough I didn’t fly far. My previous drone was loosing connection 1-2 meters away. so does it mean that it is a hardware problem that is somehow triggered by the firmware update?
BTW. It took 4 days to get a replacement. Extremely quick! Thank you DJI
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_L1aOU8vlDLrI Posted at 1-6 13:23
Just received a replacement mini 2 from DJI because of the 5.8Ghz issue. I updated to most recent firmware no more 5.8ghz problem , signal seem to be stable, athough I didn’t fly far. My previous drone was loosing connection 1-2 meters away. so does it mean that it is a hardware problem that is somehow triggered by the firmware update?
BTW. It took 4 days to get a replacement. Extremely quick! Thank you DJI

Oh... So it looks that it is hardware issue but strange is that it happens very often, even in new devices. Do you have now gen1 or gen2 aircraft?
2023-1-6
Use props
Wagnerpira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8363 ft
Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema de perda de sinal, a poucos metros de distancia, na transmissão Dual Band (2,4/5,8 Ghz) Só consigo voar com o Mini 2 se estiver no 2,4Ghz. Tudo, também, após atualização  de firmware. Li que, por conta do tempo de atualização, o chip de 5,8Ghz esquenta muito e queima. Decepcionado aqui.
2023-1-8
Use props
Wagnerpira
lvl.1
Brazil

2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Poland

Did you guys solve that issue by sending drone to DJI service?
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Poland

Here is my video on YouTube. 2.4 GHz works fine, 5.8 GHz works up to few centimeters from aircraft.
The drone has hardly been used since new, few flights.
using 2.4 GHz easily flies over a distance of 1000 m, 5.8 GHz is not usable.

On DJI forum i found that many people have a similar problem after software upgrade. The first firmware version of the drone mentioned by someone on the forum is 1.03.00

I'm not able to send drone yet to DJI service until February, maybe you will find that it is software issue and i can be fixed by software update.

2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_L792798dAsoB
New

Vietnam

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-2-6 20:08
Hello there ivanmini. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Xin chào.tôi ở Việt Nam tôi gặp sự cố với sóng của thiết bị Air 2s chỉ khóa ở chế độ 2.4 Ghz.tôi phải xử lý thế nào.thank
2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_L792798dAsoB Posted at 1-22 08:49
Xin chào.tôi ở Việt Nam tôi gặp sự cố với sóng của thiết bị Air 2s chỉ khóa ở chế độ 2.4 Ghz.tôi phải xử lý thế nào.thank

This thread is related to DJI mini 2. More specifically, it is related to the problem with the 5.8 GHz range. Please don't spam questions about locked 2.4 in Vietnam in DJI air 2s here
2023-1-22
Use props
Wagnerpira
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0 Posted at 1-14 00:43
Did you guys solve that issue by sending drone to DJI service?

Em consulta à Dji Brasil, informaram-me que não dão garantia a produtos comprados na China. Também estou aguardando alguma solução de firmware para o meu M2.
2023-1-23
Use props
djiuser_WIgfh0aPGChH
New
Flight distance : 85135 ft
Malaysia

I'm camping out here and wait for updates, workaround and solution. Until then it's grounded.

What a mistake to take DJI's update for granted. Lesson learned, "If it's not broken, don't fix it"

2023-2-3
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

Mesmo problema com meu MINI 2. Aeronave próxima ao controle com a frequência 5.8 GHZ e perde sinal.
Bora @DJI arrumar este firmware ai!!!!
2023-2-5
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

Mesmo problema com meu MINI 2. Atualizei o firmware e o 5.8 GHZ cai  o sinal com o drone ao lado do controle.
Utilizou o controle com um IPHONE 13 PRO MAX e antes tudo funcionava. Fiz o update e agora só no 2.4 GHZ.
Bora @DJI arrumar essa KGADA ai!!!
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Poland

I sent my drone to DJI service i hope it will be working fine after returning and updating the drone
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_WIgfh0aPGChH Posted at 2-3 19:37
I'm camping out here and wait for updates, workaround and solution. Until then it's grounded.

What a mistake to take DJI's update for granted. Lesson learned, "If it's not broken, don't fix it"
I guess that DJI will not release update to fix this issue. I will update if they changed my mainboard/ whole aircraft or only downgrade firmware to lower service version.
2023-2-5
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

Same problem here with a recent bought mini 2 after update firmware to 01.06.0200 and remote controller 01.11.0200. I’m using with iPhone 13 Pro Max and only work with 2.4 GHz . 5.8 GHz connect only very near the drone… no answer from DJI . Please , share if someone   find the solution. Very disappointed with DJI after sales.
2023-2-5
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

Same problem here with MINI 2 and firmware updated 01.06.0200 (drone) 04.11.0200 (RC). I suppose DJI is killing the MINI 2 to force the MINI 3 to upgrade. Drone less than an hour and a half flight time. I am very disappointed with DJI products... Has anyone found a solution to using 5.8GHz? My drone is only 3 months old. :-(
2023-2-6
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

djiuser_MczJqa0OCcW0 Posted at 1-6 06:39
Does anyone have GEN2 version of mini 2 with not working 5.8ghz?
Gen1 - serial number starts with 3
Gen2 - serial number starts with 5

My drone is GEN1.
Start with 3Q...
2023-2-6
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
Switzerland

yes i have the same issue with DJI Mini 2.

They have broken it. It used to work flawlessly but now i have to take off the drone and go into manually 2.4 GHZ and fly in that all the time. the 5.8GHZ does not work sadly.

can DJI fix this as its a pretty major bug please ?

2023-2-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules