24148 114 2022-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivanmini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183983 ft
Brazil

Hello friends,
After receiving alert to update the firmware about control remote I got problems with the frequency in 5.8GHz after this update. The connection only works with the controller very close to the aircraft, about 2 meters away at most. To solve the problem I need open settings and set the operating frequency to 2.4GHz manual (disable dual band). I couldn't downgrade the update because there are no options in the DJI assistant 2 app. Has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it? I'm in Brazil and the 5.8GHz frequency is allowed here.

Soluction:
Hello everyone, I would like to inform you that I was the creator of the topic and I was very disappointed with the brand for stating that the problem was with the smartphone. Probably, this response was given by someone without technical knowledge for the function.

As we have seen in some responses from owners of the Mini 2 who had the same issue, this occurs due to overheating in the 5.8GHz chip during the update process, causing damage to it. The brand should have stated in the manual that the drone should be placed in a well-ventilated environment during the update process to avoid this problem.

Furthermore, overheating in these models occurs not only during the update process but also in the simple process of pairing with the remote control on the 5.8GHz frequency while the drone is not yet flying.

As we have also seen, the problem is resolved by replacing the chip (which must be done by an electronics technician). However, the cost of replacement is high compared to the value of the drone; perhaps it is not worth making this replacement and continuing to fly only on the 2.4GHz band until the end of the drone's lifespan.

However, this is a risky flight operation since if the drone loses the 2.4GHz signal, it automatically tries to reconnect on the 5GHz frequency. I do not recommend using the drone in areas at risk of accidents, such as during long flights or in enclosed areas.

The problem occurs with DJI Mini 1, 2, and 3, according to other topics that I have read.

Thank you very much to everyone who replied to the topic and helped to discover the issue!

2022-2-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ivanmini. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2022-2-6
Use props
ivanmini
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-6 20:08
Hello there ivanmini. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Thank for you answer:
Smartphone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
Dji Fly: Version 1.5.9
Remote controller: V04.11.0032 (current)
Dji Mini 2: V01.03.0000 (current)
2022-2-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ivanmini Posted at 2-7 10:35
Thank for you answer:
Smartphone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
Dji Fly: Version 1.5.9

Hi there ivanmini. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-2-8
Use props
ivanmini
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-8 21:49
Hi there ivanmini. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

The problem occurred after updating the firmware for the remote and not after updating the flight app. Before I bought the drone, dji informed me that the app was compatible with the Mi Note 8 device, as you can see in the attachment sent by the seller. In fact, I just downgraded the application (reinstalling previous version) and the problem was not solved: it only connects to 2.4GHz and the configuration is not saved, we need to change it every time before flying.

O problema ocorreu após atualização do firmware para o controle remoto e não após atualização do aplicativo de voo. Além disso, antes de eu comprar o drone, a dji informava que o aplicativo era compatível com o dispositivo Mi Note 8, conforme é possível ver no anexo que o próprio vendedor me  enviou. Inclusive, eu acabei de fazer downgrade do aplicativo (reinstalar versão anterior) e o problema não foi resolvido: conecta apenas em 2.4GHz e a configuração não fica salva, precisamos alterar toda vez antes do voar.
2022-2-9
Use props
lualeses
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I’m having the same problem with my mini 2. I think the firmware on the control is the problem. I can only use my drone in 2.4 band. Previously I was flying normally dual-band.

I tested the controller and the Drone in every device I have (iPhone 11 pro max and iPad Air 2) having the same behavior in both.

Selecting 5.8 band or dual band turns in connections lost and bad signal even within 1-2 meter apart or something in between.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_sGN8d147KYIP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25643 ft

Brazil

Im have sane problema, any solution ?
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_rqn7rCwMfe91
New

Brazil

I'm also having the same problem.  I can only run on 2.4ghz.  In dual band or 5.8GHz it loses the signal even being close.  It also happened after the last update.  My smartphone is an S22 ultra.
2022-3-27
Use props
djiuser_sGN8d147KYIP
lvl.1

Brazil

we need a solution from dji!!
2022-3-27
Use props
djiuser_zDx1yjqorB06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80538 ft
Brazil

I'm also having the same problem, there are a lot of people in the same situation, it's amazing how dji doesn't take a stand on the subject
2022-3-28
Use props
djiuser_sGN8d147KYIP
lvl.1

Brazil

I've just read some reports, that the last updates take a long time, causing the coreboard to overheat and damaging the chip responsible for Wi-Fi 5.8, especially in countries with hot weather !!!!!
2022-3-28
Use props
djiuser_hJ4QTiRFDpKa
New

Brazil

O vcs estão fazendo . Atualização falhas para resolver as cagadas no mavic 3 .   E ferrando com mini 2 air 2 e air 2s
Falhas constantes de sinal . Drones parando de funcionar
Pior que hubson ????

2022-3-28
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

It seems that there is an issue with the firmware, and DJI was informed back in early February.  There has been no response from DJI since 8 February -- when DJI's response was basically, "use a different phone."

Since then....crickets.
2022-3-29
Use props
Marcelodronerj
lvl.1

Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema e não consigo solução.
Liberem o downgrade para a versão anterior do firmware.
Essa atualização está prejudicando milhares de usuários.
Não tenho mais segurança em levantar vôo, o drone perde sinal com poucos metros.
O erro é de vocês, não é nosso.
Não importa o smartphone que estamos usando, antes era totalmente funcional, agora depois dessa atualização do firmware ficou uma porcaria.
2022-4-6
Use props
Ginkuma
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I am having exactly the same issue after last update, DJI has rendered the mini 2 useless, they don't take responsibility, even after many respectable people on YouTube have made the videos showing proof that the last update messed everything up. I think we should all get together and sue DJI. How dare them do this to us after spending hundreds of dollars on their products... This is unforgivable...
2022-4-11
Use props
Ibrahim Shiyaam
New

Maldives

Hello everyone, i have same problem on my mini2. If any found a solution for this…pls help
2022-4-17
Use props
ivanmini
lvl.1
Brazil

lualeses Posted at 3-3 20:24
I’m having the same problem with my mini 2. I think the firmware on the control is the problem. I can only use my drone in 2.4 band. Previously I was flying normally dual-band.

I tested the controller and the Drone in every device I have (iPhone 11 pro max and iPad Air 2) having the same behavior in both.

I'm sure the problem was caused by an error in the remote control update firmware. Before updating there was no problem, the problem appeared after updating the controller firmware. In the "DJI Assistant" application there is still no option to reinstall the old firmware version. DJI has not yet resolved this issue and is ignoring customers.

Eu tenho certeza que o problema ocorreu por erro no fimware de atualização do controle remoto. Antes de atualizar não havia problema, o problema apareceu depois de atualizar o firmware do controle. Na aplicação "DJI Assistant" ainda não existe opção para reinstalar a versão antiga do firmware. A DJI ainda não resolveu este problema e está ignorando os clientes.
2022-5-14
Use props
army2408
New
Flight distance : 723707 ft
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-8 21:49
Hi there ivanmini. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Hi there, i have the same issue and exactly the same situation as described by many other Mini 2 users here: very weak 5.8Ghz signal after firmware update. If dual band is selected, it seems to be selecting 5.8 Ghz automatically and the Mini 2 will get disconnected just within 5 meters. Can you please clarify if DJI acknowledged of this issue? Thank you.
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

army2408 Posted at 5-29 17:55
Hi there, i have the same issue and exactly the same situation as described by many other Mini 2 users here: very weak 5.8Ghz signal after firmware update. If dual band is selected, it seems to be selecting 5.8 Ghz automatically and the Mini 2 will get disconnected just within 5 meters. Can you please clarify if DJI acknowledged of this issue? Thank you.

Hi there army2408. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. I will forward this matter to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Thank you.
2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_iU87ichHzXQA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33461 ft

Bangladesh

Same problem. Really frustrating.
2022-6-24
Use props
Gregotec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 816434 ft
Brazil

Firmware 1.4 detonated with mini 2 bad signal, I updated to Firmware 1.5 did not fix it.  My mini 2 only works on 2.4ghz auto
Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-09-28-956_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-07-35-672_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2022-6-24
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue. There is an issue with this.

There is no option to roll back the firmware.

Not great DJI . Please fix this .
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_9HhEptYnz7Xc
New
Canada

Same problem with my Mini 2. I had full confidence flying it and had no issues before the update. Before knowing the problem, I flew my drone on the lake and got connection lost in the middle of the flight, can't get the connection back on. So the drone returned home but bump into a tree and fell into the water, thankfully it's only 1meter deep and I manage to take it out right away. I'm aware that I shouldn't have flown close to trees and water but there's no other good place it on my situation.
This could all have been avoided if only I was aware with this issue. Now I can only fly my drone in 2.4ghz manually.

My phone is Iphone 12 pro.
2022-7-13
Use props
Ben Greyling
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338159 ft
South Africa

This is what happen`s to my Mini 2 the drone it is only 3 day`s old Fly`s great, but the 5.8 as advertized will be great.
2022-7-14
Use props
leomak
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I have the same problem,
I borrow my friend remote to try, still have same problem.
And use my  friend mini 2 (no update) to connect my remote, it can us  5.8GHz.
So  this the mini 2 update problem?
How can i to fix this problem?
2022-7-18
Use props
manuelcad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9589439 ft
Brazil

After updating to 1.6.9 and updating the controller, the 5.8ghz connection fails on the drone side, where is the solution to the DJI problem
2022-7-22
Use props
manuelcad
lvl.1
Brazil

I WAS USING SANSUNG S21 5G DEVICE IS IN THE LIST AND I TRIED AS THE SANSUNG S22 AND THE PROBLEM CONTINUE
2022-7-22
Use props
manuelcad
lvl.1
Brazil

Marcelodronerj Posted at 4-6 10:02
Estou com o mesmo problema e não consigo solução.
Liberem o downgrade para a versão anterior do firmware.
Essa atualização está prejudicando milhares de usuários.

Blz amigo tambem esto tendo este mesmo problema seu so que o meu so ocorreu na atualização 1.6.9 e do controle tambem. gostaria de saber se vc conseguiu resolver seu problema. Como vc mesmo falou fica complicdo voar desta forma
2022-7-23
Use props
manuelcad
lvl.1
Brazil

Ginkuma Posted at 4-11 06:21
I am having exactly the same issue after last update, DJI has rendered the mini 2 useless, they don't take responsibility, even after many respectable people on YouTube have made the videos showing proof that the last update messed everything up. I think we should all get together and sue DJI. How dare them do this to us after spending hundreds of dollars on their products... This is unforgivable...

teve alguma solução estou com o mesmo problema
2022-7-25
Use props
Arefin Bashar Arif
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457799 ft

Australia

I'm using the Air 2s and am experiencing the same issue. The issue began approximately a week ago when I was using the 1.6.4 version. I haven't updated the app/drone in over a month, so it's not due to an update. I upgraded the app to 1.6.9 and the DJI firmware to xx.2190 today with no success. It only works with 2.4GHz frequencies. Even when the drone is literally about 100 meters away, I am periodically disconnected from my devices (both Android and iPad).
2022-7-30
Use props
Dupalio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87064 ft
Brazil

Exactly the same problem as everyone else, I updated and I got sick! dji how will it be? how many more will disable their drones?
2022-8-18
Use props
Dupalio
lvl.1
Brazil

Até hoje nada de solução irmão eu fui a vitima da atualização hoje
2022-8-18
Use props
ivanmini
lvl.1
Brazil

They put a moderator on the forum who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Meanwhile, we are flying without safety and may cause an accident.

If they are unable to solve this problem, they could at least immediately say: "We are unable to solve this problem" and close this useless forum.
2022-8-19
Use props
Dupalio
lvl.1
Brazil

Alguém sabe dizer se um controle novo resolve o problema? estava pensando em investir no smart controller , por causa da saída hdmi . Se resolver nem vou esperar suporte dji
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_JVRfQbZtzLpn
New
Flight distance : 1509629 ft
Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema. Aeronave perde o sinal muito perto.
Só consigo usar se coloco em 2.4. Em Auto perde o sinal com 10 metros.
Preciso de uma solução para o problema.
Dji Air 2
Motorola moto z3 play.
Controle atualizado. Drone atualizado. Android atualizado.
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_JVRfQbZtzLpn
New
Flight distance : 1509629 ft
Brazil

Dupalio Posted at 8-19 13:16
Alguém sabe dizer se um controle novo resolve o problema? estava pensando em investir no smart controller , por causa da saída hdmi . Se resolver nem vou esperar suporte dji

Tenho dois controles. Com os dois, o mesmo problema.
2022-8-20
Use props
Dupalio
lvl.1
Brazil

djiuser_JVRfQbZtzLpn Posted at 8-20 12:13
Estou com o mesmo problema. Aeronave perde o sinal muito perto.
Só consigo usar se coloco em 2.4. Em Auto perde o sinal com 10 metros.
Preciso de uma solução para o problema.

Resolvi o problema, enviei para a jxDrones 500 reais e o drone voltou ao normal. Extremamente decepcionado com a DJI a parte ruim de ser a única gigante do mercado sem concorrencia a altura ficamso a emrce desse tipo de tratamento com o cliente
2022-8-30
Use props
WillyBsDrone
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here.  
Using Samsung Galaxy Note9 (not that it is relevant).

The firmware update did not show any errors.  I can no longer control the 2.4/5.8 GHz frequency selection, and the drone loses signal directly over head before reaching 150ft.

Drone is now useless.  One day before long planned filming event.  This is last minute equipment failure will cause untold losses.

DJI has lost major reliability points.  
2022-9-2
Use props
dimboost
New

Puerto Rico

Hi. Same problem here.  
Using Samsung Galaxy A50 with Mini 2. Before update everything works fine, After update  I can no longer control the 2.4/5.8 GHz frequency selection.
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_XUkK3eZfGoYP
New

Malaysia

@ DJI, are you working on a solution for this issue?
2022-9-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules