24538 115 2022-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175449 ft
Poland

DukeofDrones Posted at 2-6 11:55
yes i have the same issue with DJI Mini 2.

They have broken it. It used to work flawlessly but now i have to take off the drone and go into manually 2.4 GHZ and fly in that all the time. the 5.8GHZ does not work sadly.
It looks it is hardware issue, my drone is in DJI service. Today it was delivered there. I will update what will they do.

Btw. My posts and movies on different forums can be published using a nick:
-djiuser_MczJqa00CcWo
-mariuszpurwin
-00raq00
2023-2-7
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Please keep us updated
2023-2-7
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

DukeofDrones Posted at 2-7 08:47
Please keep us updated

Yesterday DJI service fixed and sent me drone. Based on receipt (covered by guarantee) i saw that they changed mainboard in aircraft and remote controller.

Today i received it :⁠-⁠)
Drone has new serial number (bus still gen 1) and it was packed in a box like new or refurbished one.

I upgraded to newest firmware aircraft (to 01.06.02) and remote controller and tested it in real life :⁠-⁠)

I switched to 5.8 only and i was surprised it is working fine. I decided to fly only using 5.8 GHz mode and it is very stable now. I hope that it will be working fine for a long time.

Thx @dji
2023-2-10
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

Were there any stickers on the propellers and on the gimball protector? If yes, then it's possible that your drone has been replaced.
I had similar situation. On the provided documents there is information what they fixed but it seems that I received a new drone. There were stickers on the propellers, on the gimball protector and it looked like a new drone. I took some pictures before I sent my drone to DJI and I am 100% sure that I received a new one.

Super, że sprawa zakończyła się pozytywnie (It's good that DJI resolved your issue)
2023-2-10
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

domin45670 Posted at 2-10 09:33
Were there any stickers on the propellers and on the gimball protector? If yes, then it's possible that your drone has been replaced.
I had similar situation. On the provided documents there is information what they fixed but it seems that I received a new drone. There were stickers on the propellers, on the gimball protector and it looked like a new drone. I took some pictures before I sent my drone to DJI and I am 100% sure that I received a new one.

My drone had few my own stickers (e.g. UE pilot id). Current one doesn't have it, engines start with different sound, so it is definitely different device (but i can't whether it is brand new or refurbished :⁠-⁠) ) but remote controller has only new mainboard. Aircraft arrived in this box :⁠-⁠)
PXL_20230210_091618295~2.jpg
2023-2-10
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

MariuszPurwin Posted at 2-10 10:13
My drone had few my own stickers (e.g. UE pilot id). Current one doesn't have it, engines start with different sound, so it is definitely different device (but i can't whether it is brand new or refurbished :⁠-⁠) ) but remote controller has only new mainboard. Aircraft arrived in this box :⁠-⁠)

It may be a brand new. Was your drone on a warranty? When DJI replaced my drone I asked them if my warranty will be extended but the refused this option.
In our country (Poland) if the warranty is given by entity registered in Poland and then if they will replace somehing during warranty, they have to extend your warranty. But it seems that it's impossible with DJI. I asked about it also in the store where I bought my drone but they also refused it because they are not an entity that gives a warranty. This is the only thing that I am not happy with
2023-2-10
Use props
Horacio Ofman
New

British Virgin Islands

Same problem here. Mavic Air 2.
I did not update the the firmware. I hadnt used the drone for a long while. When I connected today the problem started. I have since then only updated the fly permits.

I suspect problems can be linked to new wifi signal interference (wifi 6 and 6e) on the 6ghz frequency or something else.

Anyways, following this thread for a solution.
2023-2-10
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

domin45670 Posted at 2-10 12:52
It may be a brand new. Was your drone on a warranty? When DJI replaced my drone I asked them if my warranty will be extended but the refused this option.
In our country (Poland) if the warranty is given by entity registered in Poland and then if they will replace somehing during warranty, they have to extend your warranty. But it seems that it's impossible with DJI. I asked about it also in the store where I bought my drone but they also refused it because they are not an entity that gives a warranty. This is the only thing that I am not happy with

Hmm... I bought it on Amazon Poland with DJI care for one year.
Yes my drone it still has a valid warranty, it was bought at the beginning of December 2022.
2023-2-10
Use props
natasha007
lvl.1

Philippines

are they trying to kill Dji Mini 2?
2023-2-16
Use props
fans6c2f3ba3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25049 ft
Panama

I have the same problem.. DJI are thieves.. they don't fix this problem with the 5.8ghz

Tengo el mismo problema.. DJI son unos ladrones.. no reparan este problema con el 5.8ghz
2023-2-21
Use props
fans6c2f3ba3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25049 ft
Panama

natasha007 Posted at 2-16 14:30
are they trying to kill Dji Mini 2?

I think that's the idea that you buy another one..
2023-2-21
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
This information should be mentioned in the equipment manual and even in the DJI FLY informing to perform the firmware update ONLY on cold days or in places with a lot of ventilation.
Even recommending the use of mechanical winds to help cool the equipment during the update.
In Brazil some companies manage to change this chipset. DJI's recommendation (support) is to change the coreboard (motherboard.)
This amateur error (hidden defect) should be treated with respect for the customer. If you search the internet, you will see MANY people reporting the same defect. DJI Forum, MAVIC PILOTS Forum, Youtube.
Just put "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work" and you will see several complaints.

I bought my drone at BESTBUY in Canada in November 2022 and I came to Brazil. I received the update 01.06.0200 and performed the update in the living room at home. Since then, the 5.8 GHZ has never worked again.
I opened a call at DJI Brasil and they informed me that I should send my drone to Canada for analysis and they forwarded my call to DJI Los Angeles.
Since then I've been exchanging messages with DUKE (DJI support team employee) and so far no solution.

It is absurd for a product to be sold with such a basic error that a simple message on DJI FLY would solve it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of DJI products and the lack of support.
It explains why the guarantee is not global! (ugh)
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_FtrfJRzU1dqW
New

Brazil

Exactly the same problem, I stoped to use the drone because I was afraid to crash it, reading this forum, it's looks a hardware problem caused by over heating during the firmware update. If anyone solved it differently, please let me now.
2023-2-28
Use props
SilverArrow2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061066 ft
Malaysia

My problem solved by send to dji warranty claim. Now i have no issue with 5.8Ghz or 2.4Ghz.
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_krOtEL9KeOhw
New

Brazil

Dupalio Posted at 2022-8-30 15:29
Resolvi o problema, enviei para a jxDrones 500 reais e o drone voltou ao normal. Extremamente decepcionado com a DJI a parte ruim de ser a única gigante do mercado sem concorrencia a altura ficamso a emrce desse tipo de tratamento com o cliente

Pessoal bom dia a frabricante dji não explica quer quando  vamos atualizar o nosso drone devemos ligar para quer as heliceis comesem a girar para quer o drone comece a refrigerar  ou coloquem um ventilador perto do drone no momento da atualização. Para que o mesmo não aqueça e sofra a queima do dos chips de frequencia tanto do 2.4ghz ou do 5.8ghz .
Façam um teste quando vocês atualizarem o seus drones sem ventilação ele esquentará muito isso acabarà queimando o chip de frequencia  então quando forem atualizar coloquem algum tipo de ventilação fica a dica aii !!!
2023-4-30
Use props
Diana Silva
lvl.1

Canada

This is a typical business strategy. It´s a way to make money. Losing drones means activating care and paying for another one or even to buy new. Many years ago, the evolution of the lamp was so great that they built a lamp that would last "forever" so the biggest companies united and "downgraded" it in order for people to buy more as sales were going down. This is what happens when the equipment is "too" good and sales starts to go down, they create a way to make sales go up again. This will be fixed when sales go back to normal. I´m done with dji, there are other companies that deserve my money and attention. Goodbye dji and die in hell.
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_cF61xJYQBv6C
New

Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-2-8 21:49
Hi there ivanmini. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Hi Stephen

im using Huawei p30 and still having the same issue as this one
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_pXGxiCYkxZuM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229104 ft
Sri Lanka

I am flying my drone with this issue since last year august and I thought of visiting the forum to see if there is any solution for this. DJI we all are very disappointed in this matter. Please provide us a solution! How are we going to fly our drones with a risk at only 2.4 Ghz
2023-6-12
Use props
Rodolfo Melo
New
Flight distance : 13488 ft

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-2-6 20:08
Hello there ivanmini. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Tive o mesmo problema no meu mini 2 lamentável hj só consigo voar na 2.4
2023-8-10
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2648 ft
Netherlands

MariuszPurwin Posted at 2-7 07:08
It looks it is hardware issue, my drone is in DJI service. Today it was delivered there. I will update what will they do.

Btw. My posts and movies on different forums can be published using a nick:

I WANT A NEW DRONE ALSO
BECAUSE DJI DELIVERD A BAD PRODUCT... SO BAD THEY TOOK IT OUT OF PRODUCTION....
2023-9-7
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Netherlands

The_Saint Posted at 9-7 04:56
I WANT A NEW DRONE ALSO
BECAUSE DJI DELIVERD A BAD PRODUCT... SO BAD THEY TOOK IT OUT OF PRODUCTION....

MY DRONE CRASHED BECAUSE IT SWITCHED TO 5,8 AND LOST CONNECTION AND WENT INTO THE TREES AND FINALLY FELL INTO THE WATER... DJI DRONES SUCK... NEVER BUY ONE... THEY SAY I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A INSURENCE FOR THE DRONE...
2023-9-7
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Netherlands

The_Saint Posted at 9-7 04:59
MY DRONE CRASHED BECAUSE IT SWITCHED TO 5,8 AND LOST CONNECTION AND WENT INTO THE TREES AND FINALLY FELL INTO THE WATER... DJI DRONES SUCK... NEVER BUY ONE... THEY SAY I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A INSURENCE FOR THE DRONE...

THE DRONE LOOSES CONNCTION AT 1 METER FROM THE CONTROLER AND WITH MY HAND BETWEEN THE CONTROLER AND THE DRONE I LOOSE CONNECTION AT 1 CENTIMETER
2023-9-7
Use props
djiuser_xJytnbwKHKo6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6992949 ft
Philippines

THIS IS PURPOSELY DONE BY DJI, I DEMAND A RECALL. Recently have almost similar issue of this, replaced my main board because i experienced weak signal on both frequency. It was fine at first but after updating the newly installed board, I am having the same issue as before but worse. The 5ghz signal was useless, cant even reach a 100 meters, covering the antenna on the remote with just the drone 1 meter away left just 1 bar of signal even lost connection. IF YOUR PLANNING NOT TO GET A WARRANY DONT EVEN BOTHER BUYING CRAP FROM DJI THEY WILL INTENTIONALY FK UP YOUR DRONE. I AM REPORTING THIS FUCKING BULL SHIIT!! NEVER GONNA BUY DJI DRONE AGAIN!
2023-9-19
Use props
xsor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1368819 ft
Australia

I have the same problem... mini-2 Connection working only on 2.4GHz
DJI please fix it.
2023-9-24
Use props
Edgar Correia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8579 ft
Portugal

boas pessoal,

eu estou com o mesmo problema, depois do upgrade a comunicação entre o comando e o drone esta sempre a cair. mesmo seleccionando a configuração 2.4ghz por vezes perde a comunicação, isso da para ver melhor quando estamos a gravar um video e tem paragens.

eu tenho um Nothing Phone 1

o ideal seria ja outro upgrade por parte da dji para corrigir este problema

-----------------------------------

good guys,

I have the same problem, after the upgrade the communication between the controller and the drone is always falling apart. Even when selecting the 2.4GHz configuration, sometimes communication is lost, this can be seen better when we are recording a video and there are stops.

I have a Nothing Phone 1

The ideal would be another upgrade from DJI to correct this problem.
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_TE7qtGZawj49
lvl.1

India

DJI I have the same issue as mentioned, I am really frustrated and I have no replacement option since I bought this DJI mini 2 drone like a 1 year and 7 months ago. you requested for a video so I have made a video and posting here. This is the exact issue that we are facing and YES this is my house and on roof top I have flew my drone more than 2 kms with dual band/5.8ghz and never had an issue. Only after the recent update this issue persisted and since then whether I downgrade the firmware or refresh both drone and RC N1 its the same

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c5onhk4tglxxeazc10a5l/DJI-mini-2-5.8ghz-signal-issue.mp4?rlkey=xknq7winqfs9gti2fhhfg15xs&dl=0

Here is the link for the video which I made how exactly the error looks or what happens in dual band and 5.8ghz and what happens when you set to 2.4ghz.. Please fix this and assist us with new solution.

IT WAS ALL FINE UNTIL THE RECENT UPDATE
2023-9-29
Use props
domdolodom
New

France

C'est mon tour d'avoir le problème, ce n'est pas utile de le décrire en détail il est identique au post en dessous, je n'ai pas utilisé mon drone pendant un an et des que je l'ai branché il m'a proposé de faire la mise à jour et ça n'a pas loupé. je ne peux plus utiliser la fréquence de 5,8 GHZ  mon drone est heureusement encore sous garantie donc j'ai ouvert une demande de réparation mais c'est scandaleux que dji n'ai pas fait une annonce officele avec réparation de tout les drones concernés qu'ils soient garantie ou pas.
En avril mon drone ne sera plus garantie et c'est donc la dernière mise à jour que je ferais  sans avoir attendu une paire de mois aprés sa sortie et consulté les forum sur le sujet.
2023-11-4
Use props
Michael MDK
lvl.1
Denmark

So I suppose this is a drone problem not a phone or remote problem. I can only use 2.4 GHz since month ago, and i reportet to DJI and then they  will have me pay for the repair because the warranty is gone.
They not even mentioned that other had the problem, even that it is clear from this thread that it is a common problem.

I do believe there must be some software defect to because if its in dual band and looses connection both remote and drone should turn to 2.4 GHz to try to get connection and visa versa with 5.8 - they should hit each others frequence at some point.

Realy bad, seems like a build in "feature" after a certain time.
2023-11-12
Use props
Mahesh Sv
New

India

Hi, i am Mahesh from India even I am facing same issue after I updated latest firmware,i really don't know what to do, plz let me get some help ,it was my dream to get DJI drone but now I am disappointed DJI mini2
2023-12-5
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125243 ft

Vietnam

“ XIN CHÀO” . I AM A USER IN VIETNAM. AND I'M HAVING THE SAME THING WITH MY MINI 3 PRO, PURCHASED 1 YEAR 6 MONTHS, AFTER UPDATING TO FIIRMWARE V01.00.700 WITH ARB LEVEL 6, CAN ONLY DOWN DOWN TO V01.00.600 , AND STUCK AT IT CAN'T GO DOWNGRADE TO V01.00.500 WITH ARB LEVEL 5. DAMN I CAN'T USE 5.8GHZ FREQUENCY. I'VE READ ALL THE COMMENTS, THE DESCRIPTIONS ARE EXACTLY EXACT OF MY SITUATION. THIS MAKES ME THINK OF THE CLASS LAWSUIT IN THE UK IN 2017, THEY SUED APPLE COMPANY BECAUSE AN UPDATE CAUSED THEIR IPHONES TO SLOW, HEAT AND MANY OTHER ERRORS, I DON'T THINK DJI AGAIN LIKE THAT. WELL DONE “THE NOTORIOUS DJI”. IT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS YOUR NEW BUSINESS STRATEGY.
2023-12-16
Use props
ivanmini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183983 ft
Brazil

English:
Hello everyone, I'd like to inform you that I was the one who initiated the topic and I was very disappointed with the brand for stating that the issue was with the smartphone. Likely, this response was given by someone lacking technical knowledge for the job.

As we've seen in some responses from Mini 2 owners who faced the same issue, this happens due to overheating in the 5.8GHz chip during the update process, causing damage to it. The brand should have included in the manual that the drone must be placed in a well-ventilated environment during the update process to prevent this problem.

Moreover, overheating in these models doesn't just occur during the update process but also when simply pairing with the remote control on the 5.8GHz frequency while the drone is not yet airborne.

As observed, the problem is resolved by replacing the chip (which should be done by an electronics technician). However, the cost of replacement is high compared to the drone's value; perhaps it's not worthwhile to make this substitution and continue flying solely on the 2.4GHz band until the drone's end of life.

Nevertheless, this is a risky flight operation since if the drone loses the 2.4GHz signal, it automatically attempts to reconnect on the 5GHz frequency. I don't recommend using the drone in high-risk areas for accidents, such as during long flights or in enclosed spaces.

The issue occurs with DJI Mini 1, 2, and 3, as I've read in other threads.

Portuguese:
Olá pessoal, gostaria de dizê-los que fui criador do tópico e fiquei muito desapontado com a marca por relatar que o problema era no smarphone. Provavelmente essa resposta foi dada por pessoa sem conhecimento técnico para a função.

Como vimos em algumas respostas de donos do mini 2 que tiveram o mesmo problema, isso ocorre devido à um superaquecimento no chip 5.8GHz no processo de atualização, danificando-o. A marca deveria ter colocado no manual que o drone deve ser dolocado em uma ambiente de ventilação forçada no processo de atualização para evitar esse problema.

Além disso, o superquecimento nesses modelos ocorrem não somente no processo de atualização, mas também no simples processo de parear com o controle remoto na frequência de 5.8GHz enquanto o drone ainda não está voando.

Como vimos também, o problema é solucionado substituindo o chip (que deve ser feito por um técnico em eletoônica). No entando, o custo da substituição é alto em comparação ao valor do drone, talvez não compense fazer essa substituição e continuar voando somente na bando 2.4GHz até o fim da vida útil do drone.  

No entanto, isso é uma operação de voo arriscado, uma vez que se o drone perde o sinal 2.4GHz ele tenta se reconectar na frequência 5GHz automaticamente. Não recomendo que usem o drone em área de risco de acidentes. como em voos longos ou em áreas fechadas.

O problema acontece com Dji Mini 1, 2 e 3 conforme outro tópicos que eu li.
2023-12-23
Use props
djiuser_MzaQtgf4K9Ok
New

Australia

I am in Australia and also having this problem. With under 40 hours fly time, I updated as per instructions, now my Mini 2 will only operate correctly on 2.4 ghz. Will contact dealer this week. Very disappointed.
2-5 15:23
Use props
russellrodent
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_MzaQtgf4K9Ok Posted at 2-5 15:23
I am in Australia and also having this problem. With under 40 hours fly time, I updated as per instructions, now my Mini 2 will only operate correctly on 2.4 ghz. Will contact dealer this week. Very disappointed.

Im also in Australia. I bought my drone in Nov 2023 and after a firmware update in March 2024 the 5.8ghz has failed. Im also not happy.
4-2 02:46
Use props
djiuser_1R8R1SesI5uU
New

Philippines

Same issue no good china products
4-2 19:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_1R8R1SesI5uU Posted at 4-2 19:04
Same issue no good china products

Hi, djiuser_1R8R1SesI5uU. For models supporting 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands like Mini 2, the 5.8 GHz switching will be automatically disabled in areas where 5.8 GHz is not supported. In Areas where 5.8 GHz is unavailable will be updated irregularly based on the revisions to local laws and regulations. When the aircraft is connected to the local network, the network IP will be automatically identified to configure the country code. After configuration, the 5.8 GHz channel will be displayed.
4-3 07:11
Use props
djiuser_aq3eAPEI8jSc
New
Flight distance : 672589 ft

Philippines

Bro we need DJI to work on this problem we can't just buy another one just because they broke their own products to force us to buy the newer drone we need a free repair of the mini 2 5.8Ghz problem some of the users don't even have dji care if they don't fix this problem this company is bull...
4-21 01:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules