Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adding D-Cinelike on the Mavic 3
2981 10 2022-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

Hi DJI representatives on forum,

After using this drone from a month now, I realy think we need D-Cinelike profile.
Normal profile is to contrasty.
D-Log is to flat and with totaly shifted colors compared to normal.
D-Cinelike should be a sweet spot if colors retained in it were ones from normal profile. This way we would get more dynamic range out of this sensor without needing to use D-Log and post processing.

I think all of Mavic 3 users would apreciate to have this profile + HLG, since this is not entry level drone.
And since this drone should have bette CPU specs, D-Cinelike would be great in 10-bit.
2022-2-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Goran_m_pg. Good day and thank you for giving out these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out OrginalDobos video,  he covers DLog grading and has a better free out to get started with -
2022-2-6
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 23:55
Check out OrginalDobos video,  he covers DLog grading and has a better free out to get started with - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daFFq_GkVHI

This guy doesnt have propper workflow when working with original DJI LUT, he adds LUT in Basic Correction tab and after LUT he adjust exposure etc... That way you loose details.
With his LUT he did it in Creative tab, and with that, LUT is applied after exposure corection  so you dont loose details.

2022-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2-7 00:32
This guy doesnt have propper workflow when working with original DJI LUT, he adds LUT in Basic Correction tab and after LUT he adjust exposure etc... That way you loose details.
With his LUT he did it in Creative tab, and with that, LUT is applied after exposure corection  so you dont loose details.

Hopefully it was useful.   His footage usually looks very good.
2022-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It has always been popular with both professionals and hobbyists. Not sure why its not offered.
I also think it would be nice if they brought back colour profiles. These were really handy for those shooting mainly jpeg for social media . They had around 10 available on the original Mavic1. While this is not seen as entry level it does appeal to new users also.
2022-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2-7 00:32

I have watched many of his videos and I fully concur . He’s like a butcher doing brain surgery.
2022-2-7
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-7 01:49
I have watched many of his videos and I fully concur . He’s like a butcher doing brain surgery.

Hi hallmark007, rarely laughed like that...
2022-2-7
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Goran, +1 on HLG  request, am waiting for it as well. Thanks, Mike.
2022-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would like this a lot!
2022-2-9
Use props
Avisekh
lvl.1

Switzerland

Indeed; if one is using a full frame camera and tricky lighting situation; that ISO 400 of D-Log is still too noisy. Better to have the D-Cinelike that can shoot on ISO 100 to have way better overall video quality. Anyway I assume additional the D-Cinelike (like DJI already did with HLG) to the most expensive drone of the lineup will not really hard anything. Does it?
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules