"Sphere" What am I doing wrong? (Solved Thanks!)
900 15 2022-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newport Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been playing with some of the "Pano" features over the last year and every time I try to do a "Sphere" Mavic Air 2 ( Which I have absolutely NO use for.) the drone seems to go through the process of shooting it, but it never processes correctly. I have tried it with the gimbal in various different positions but the results are always the same.
Any thoughts?

Pano Sphere fail

Pano Sphere fail
2022-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Most of them work pretty well. Could wind have been a factor. I’m not a big fan of spheres but something is definitely up there. Have you ever tried to refresh FW on DJI assistant ?

Spheres are better taken on dull days as you are going to blow out highlights somewhere in the photo.
2022-2-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

You can view it in the Fly album, but it won't export. You need to put your mSD card in your 'puter, download all the pictures in that folder and then stitch them.
2022-2-8
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Yes use this free program https://www.portalprogramas.com/ ... mposite-editor-ice/ and stitch your photo's from sd card.
choose the sphere, now you can click mouse on the center and push the image above to pop up for example's the building
bol delft 3 mod_1.jpg
2022-2-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're not doing anything wrong.
You have to look at this image in a 360 viewer
2022-2-9
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for all the suggestions. I always download directly from the SD card. SO, I plugged the Air 2 directly into the computer to check the internal storage and found nothing. The only thing I found that evidently did NOT show in Lightroom when I imported the files were some .srt files. AND there were only 8 of them.  Should not the files be jpegs if they were in fact written to the card? It looks to me like the drone is going through the process but not writing the files to the SD card. ALL the other functions: 180 pano, Wide-angle, vertical, etc are working fine and the drone compiles the files into a single jpeg. No worries, as I said, it really isn't important. Although I do like the sample dji_MODDER posted in the reply.
2022-2-9
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 2-8 22:50
Yes use this free program https://www.portalprogramas.com/ ... mposite-editor-ice/ and stitch your photo's from sd card.
choose the sphere, now you can click mouse on the center and push the image above to pop up for example's the building

Nice use of the feature.
2022-2-9
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 2-8 22:50
choose the sphere, now you can click mouse on the center and push the image above to pop up for example's the building

I did find ICE directly from a Google search. That "Portal Programs" is real sketchy and tries to hijack your browser, install PDF editors, etc., and probably should be avoided.
ICE does not recognize those .SRT files.
Thanks for the input.
2022-2-9
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-8 14:26
You can view it in the Fly album, but it won't export. You need to put your mSD card in your 'puter, download all the pictures in that folder and then stitch them.

The files just aren't there. It appears the firmware did not write to either the internal or SD card.
2022-2-9
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-8 14:04
Most of them work pretty well. Could wind have been a factor. I’m not a big fan of spheres but something is definitely up there. Have you ever tried to refresh FW on DJI assistant ?

Spheres are better taken on dull days as you are going to blow out highlights somewhere in the photo.

Firmware is up to date. Thank you for your suggestions.
2022-2-9
Use props
fansd59551e2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2340295 ft
  • >>>
Greece

This also happens to me most of the time. I don't know what I am doing wrong...
2022-2-9
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansd59551e2 Posted at 2-9 13:52
This also happens to me most of the time. I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Perhaps someone from DJI can shed some light on this?
2022-2-9
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Newport Dave Posted at 2-9 14:47
Perhaps someone from DJI can shed some light on this?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219082    I had the same issue of not getting the 26 jpegs.  See my post
2022-2-17
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2-17 11:38
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219082    I had the same issue of not getting the 26 jpegs.  See my post

Thanks for the assist. Much appreciated.
2022-2-17
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just want to add another free viewer of pano images. Works both on PC and Mac. What I use it for is on hikes and locations where the full 360 view makes it much more appealing versus the landscape view. I then also upload to Google maps to locations that make it more worthy to visit.
https://www.fsoft.it/FSPViewer/

2022-2-17
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure what a sphere is unless you mean converting it to a globe in post. You will find the raw files (so long as you have changed to have raw files in settings) in a separate image folder called PANOS. Same thing happens with Hyperlapse, it creates a separate folder with the images and individual folders of each pano. There are many uses for these 360 photos. One I like is to change the exif data so you can upload to Facebook and it's an interactive 360 image you move your phone or mouse to view. Works amazingly well.
2022-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules