Drone launch at a speed greater than 5 m/s, how?
1218 18 2022-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I am trying to take off the drone from the boat while swimming. The gps fix is also the homepoint, but when the boat is moving at about 5m / s there is a system navigation error without the number given. The aircraft cannot take off then. If the speed drops below 5 m / s, the error will automatically disappear and the aircraft can take off. Does anyone have an idea how to change it by modifying a specific parameter? Thanks for the help.
2022-2-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I would advise against this "procedure"....
Nothing but trouble is pending....
2022-2-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Stop the boat to launch. When you get ready to land, stop the boat and select the controller location as home point.
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I was expecting an answer of this type. Thanks for any warnings. In fact, the boat is just an example here. In fact, my point is to get in touch with a person who has a lot of experience in parameter configuration and can be of help to me. Only such a person can I fully trust and reveal my true intentions. I greet all those serving good advice.
2022-2-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I presume you also expect to be told that a straight forward RTH will be of little use to you when the launch is from a boat that is travelling.
2022-2-8
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2-8 13:09
I was expecting an answer of this type. Thanks for any warnings. In fact, the boat is just an example here. In fact, my point is to get in touch with a person who has a lot of experience in parameter configuration and can be of help to me. Only such a person can I fully trust and reveal my true intentions. I greet all those serving good advice.

That's stupid...

Just ask your question.

This might be able to help you: https://drone-hacks.com/download
2022-2-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, c'mon, dont beat about the bush, unless its criminal of course ;)
2022-2-8
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

He's actually going to be traveling at almost 88mph and is trying to launch his drone into the future to take some video of what the town square will look like then.

He doesn't want to tell you that's what he's doing because he doesn't want to admit that he bought a Delorean to launch it from.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-9
Use props
jodijodi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42280 ft
Germany

This is a very interesting question!
For a small boat under your control I think the easiest thing is to slow down/turn in the wind for take-off and landing. But on bigger ships as a guest (for example ferries or  cruising ships) it would be good to be able to start up to 10-12m/s around 40km/h or 20 kn/p, which is a usual speed for these ships.
I’m quite sure I’ve seen takes like this over the last years, but I’m not sure about the details.
I guess it may be illegal on ferries and cruising ships, but not always and automatically, there is a famous captain of a container/freight ship who uses his DJI drone for takes around his ship. But I don’t know the model or the speed of the ship during take-off and landing

Is there a known “Take-off/landing speed” for other DJI models? Theoretically it could be up to the allowed wind speed, but for take-off and landing DJI seems to reduce this to half of it to have some buffer.
But the Mini 2 already permits high wind speed, so it should take-off and land almost at the same speed as other DJI models?
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Thank you very much for the answers. For the constructive and the less. I will hold back for a moment with the answer and wait for the statements of other users. This is what I mean about the exchange of experiences. There is still a little bit to talk about at a higher level of initiation. Greetings.
2022-2-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try running the opposite way to counter the speed ;)
2022-2-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Try connecting up with the guys from Litchi, they might be able to accomplish this feat.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I am thinking of creating a group of mini 2 drone users who require much more than the manufacturer offers. Such a group should include people with very rich experience, counted in hundreds of flight hours and thousands of kilometers of drone flights. You could exchange experiences from various fields, including the so-called hardware and software mods. I have a lot of achievements here myself and I would like to exchange this experience with users similar to me. I realize this forum is not made for this. And one would have to go outside. Or maybe there is such a group already?
2022-2-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Well, here are the 2 main forums, which you can look for others who may have the "skills/experience" that you are looking for...maybe not the answers you want tho...

here:
https://forum.dji.com/
and here
https://mavicpilots.com/

Like mentioned above, there is No Limit Drones, for rooting and freeing you up and getting away from DJI firmware restrictions.
Cost ya money tho...
2022-2-10
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2-10 11:26
Well, here are the 2 main forums, which you can look for others who may have the "skills/experience" that you are looking for...maybe not the answers you want tho...

here:

Easy.

Enable atti-mode.
Start motors with CSC.
Gentle push the drone upwards.
Switch back to gps-mode.

Something like this, taken to the extreme :-)
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

This is an idea, but difficult to implement on mini 2. Mainly because ATTI mode cannot be manually activated. You have to turn off the appropriate parameters, or try to shield and cover the sensors. There is also the issue of range limitations in the ATTI mode. But I like that you have an open mind. Thanks.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

The tests carried out with the ATTI mode, unfortunately, did not solve the problem of causing a navigation error while moving at a speed greater than 5m / s. Of course, the tests were carried out with the mini 2. We are still looking for a solution.
2022-2-13
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2-13 04:53
The tests carried out with the ATTI mode, unfortunately, did not solve the problem of causing a navigation error while moving at a speed greater than 5m / s. Of course, the tests were carried out with the mini 2. We are still looking for a solution.

So you can't start the motors with CSC when it has navigation error?

My mini2 got stolen, so I can't try.  I been launching from sailing boat, but it might been just below your speed though.
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

Exactly as I wrote. If the drone has caught fix gps and is not in fly mode and is moving at a speed greater than or equal to 5m / s, it causes a navigation error. This makes it impossible to start even if you switch to ATTI mode. The ATTI mode does not turn off GPS, it continues to run in the background. Only positioning and VPS are disabled.
2022-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules