Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

Since update to latest FW 0500 I'm experiencing weird issue. I have Mavic 3 (not cine) and RC PRO, since upgrade drone is unable to connect to RC but only after cold boot after longer time let's say when you leave it rest for few hours or till next day. First power up is every time like drone will not connect to RC PRO, after this first boot up if you even click re-pair link between drone and controller it will time out, both rc and drone will initiate pairing but will never pair. For me it seems like issue with drone FW as every time there is enough just reboot drone once more time and it will connect right away, there is not needed to reboot RC PRO.

I'm starting it in sequence firstly RC PRO and then in few secs Drone, I tried also oposite drone let it boot and after that RC PRO with the same result. I will test tomorrow also sequence with firslty RC PRO let it fully boot and then drone. For me it seems like there is some kind of handshake at the begining which will not work from some reason on cold boot.

Anybody experiencing this since upgrade?

David
2022-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please try yo refresh the firmware of your DJI RC Pro and DJI Mavic 3 to see if the issue will persist? Thank you.
2022-2-9
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-9 00:57
Hello there David. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and kindly please try yo refresh the firmware of your DJI RC Pro and DJI Mavic 3 to see if the issue will persist? Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

No Errors just drone will not connect with remote controller, app looks like when drone is powered off. Tried with normal controller now and also with sequence that I let RC fully boot and then powered on aircraft still the same, after cold boot it will not connect nor pair when trying re-pair link.

Already tried refresh, downgrade to 0400 and back to 0500 without success. Going to test now with 0400 if  the problem will be still there.

David
2022-2-9
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Stephen, All,

Downgraded drone to firmware 0400, let the drone rest for 3 hours and tested, there is no more issue drone connected to RC even after cold boot. There is definitely some issue in latest 0500 firmware in regards of conneciton, this is problem with firmware of the drone not controller. Issue is occuring with both RC PRO and RC-N1 as well. Just to highlight I downgraded just drone firmware didn't touch RC firmwares at all. After downgrade of drone issue is not persisiting anymore. After upgrade back to 0500 issue is again back.

Please resolve this one, as it is quite disapointing while you added new features you broken basic features like this one.

David
2022-2-9
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Really nobody else experiencing this? When are you starting your Mavic 3 for that day with latest firmware 0500 is it connecting to RC right away after first power up? Thanks.
2022-2-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the exact same problem. after a cold boot, I turn on the remote control and the M3 and they do not link. I have to wait about 2 minutes and then turn off the M3 and turn it back on and then connect. While I can change batteries and reconnect quickly, after leaving it for many hours or the next day I have the same problem again. Using the same RC Pro with my Air2S does not have the problem.

I refreshed the firmware again but nothing. Also when you try to re-bind the drone to the controller does not allow you to do it. It can not be bound, so you reboot the M3 and just connect. I was about to contact DJI or wait for a new firmware before opening a case but I am glad I am not the only one having this problem.

Also, i have a problem with the DNG having a post date in the metadata causing issues in LRTimelaps and Adobe LR since the new firmware update for the RC Pro.
2022-2-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blimey Zeusfl,  you aren't having much luck with your M3's.
2022-2-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been having the "RC not connected" errors since I got the drone back in November 2021.
However, they are intermittent and self-resolve within 10-20 seconds or so of everything being powered up.
Since it does not affect my SOP in any significant way, I mentioned it a few times in passing, but not going to lose my sleep over it.
FWIW, the whole M3 schtick was/is a disaster in the making, so this is some minor icing issue on a very large severely burnt cake.
2022-2-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-9 11:22
Blimey Zeusfl,  you aren't having much luck with your M3's.

LOL this is exactly why I have named Coyote Survivor to my M3.

2022-2-9
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Try this.
Turn on aircraft, turn on RC Pro
Force RC Pro to use 5.8GHz connection (change to manual and select 5.8)

2.4 seems to have a near-field issue on some set-ups - perhaps a diversity receive problem that goes away after some distance is obtained. The 5.8 is a work-around that seems to clear the issue. Once in flight you can go back to Auto to extend the range as 2.4 allows greater distance.
2022-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I now turn on aircraft then take out RC fit sticks in gimbals and and turn Remote on first page that comes up says connection in right bottom corner “wait” for this page to disappear takes couple of seconds and I’m on fly page of the app. Only time this changes is if I change my drone. Once you’ve paired once you should not need to pair again.

If you hit connection button it will bring you to pairing page.
2022-2-9
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Confirmed today. Was on 0400 since yesterday and today powered on and drone connected right away. Then again updated to 0500 and after few hours later powered on and again no connection on first power on. There is definitely something wrong with radio in 0500.
2022-2-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad is an FW update problem. I will wait until the next one. If not I am sending back the radio and M3 to DJI.
2022-2-10
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-10 06:45
I'm glad is an FW update problem. I will wait until the next one. If not I am sending back the radio and M3 to DJI.

The strange thing for me is why it is happening only when drone is sitting longer time without use? When you power drone off its battery have transistors inside which will cut the line to the drone it is like when you remove battery from drone. I suppose that drone electronic will discharge pretty fast after power off so really do not understand why issue is happening only like 2 or more hours after power off. I was not able to replicate it when powering drone within minutes or even half hour after previous power on.
2022-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DH_Pilot Posted at 2-10 04:30
Confirmed today. Was on 0400 since yesterday and today powered on and drone connected right away. Then again updated to 0500 and after few hours later powered on and again no connection on first power on. There is definitely something wrong with radio in 0500.

Did you fully refresh on DJI assistant 2. I’m not having this problem I updated FW through assistant as I have always done since it was the recommended way also with the smart controller.
2022-2-10
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-10 07:53
Did you fully refresh on DJI assistant 2. I’m not having this problem I updated FW through assistant as I have always done since it was the recommended way also with the smart controller.

Yes I refreshed, downgraded, upgraded. using Assistant 2, today even tried upgrade again to 0500 from 0400 via DJI Fly and still the same. After upgrade to 0500 and letting drone resting for longer time on first power on it will never connect to RC. I really do not understand what could be different in my setup that I'm seeing this.
2022-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DH_Pilot Posted at 2-10 07:56
Yes I refreshed, downgraded, upgraded. using Assistant 2, today even tried upgrade again to 0500 from 0400 via DJI Fly and still the same. After upgrade to 0500 and letting drone resting for longer time on first power on it will never connect to RC. I really do not understand what could be different in my setup that I'm seeing this.

Well except you might have a problem unit. There have been a few.
2022-2-10
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-10 08:18
Well except you might have a problem unit. There have been a few.

I do not believe that it is HW issue, connections problems here all were also during flight, I have solid connection without hickups. Only problem is first startup after longer time. And till 0400 firmware this issue wasnt here for me.
2022-2-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2-10 08:20
I do not believe that it is HW issue, connections problems here all were also during flight, I have solid connection without hickups. Only problem is first startup after longer time. And till 0400 firmware this issue wasnt here for me.

Yup. I am confirming the same. Downgrading fixes the problem but I do not want that firmware for drone safety reasons.
2022-2-10
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-10 09:40
Yup. I am confirming the same. Downgrading fixes the problem but I do not want that firmware for drone safety reasons.

Just curios what was production date on box for your replacement drone you received?
2022-2-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2-10 09:53
Just curios what was production date on box for your replacement drone you received?

I will check today.
2022-2-10
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-10 11:32
I will check today.

mine is 11/2021
2022-2-11
Use props
fans0902c296
New
Flight distance : 2829767 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

I have the same problem, the m3 cine does not connect to the rc pro, nor does it go into link mode, currently it only allows me to downgrade to version 0700 since the newest is 0800 and I do not know how to solve it, there is no way to connect my drone with the rc pro, if someone can help me I would be very grateful
2022-8-24
Use props
fans0902c296
New
Flight distance : 2829767 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

I have the same problem, the m3 cine does not connect to the rc pro, nor does it go into link mode, currently it only allows me to downgrade to version 0700 since the newest is 0800 and I do not know how to solve it, there is no way to connect my drone with the rc pro, if someone can help me I would be very grateful
2022-8-24
Use props
Mikeynice26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19377 ft
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2-9 11:00
Really nobody else experiencing this? When are you starting your Mavic 3 for that day with latest firmware 0500 is it connecting to RC right away after first power up? Thanks.

I am having the same issue. Except mine won’t pair at all. Someone please help
2022-9-24
Use props
My1stump
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the Dji Mavic pro 3 Cine and I have had it put away for a couple of week I flew then with no issues but today it would not pair with the controller at all
2022-10-2
Use props
djiuser_wREJDAsh9ipS
New
Australia

4-12 04:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules