Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi Mavic3'ers!
Anybody *really* tried the M3 4G dongle outside of Asia?

2022-2-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't thinks its available outside of China, just like how Dji is keeping the Mavic 3 fly more combo with RC Pro exclusive to China. Its like their other customers don't spend money with them or maybe soon they will only be selling their drones in China and no where else.
2022-2-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Suren Posted at 2-9 17:52
I don't thinks its available outside of China, just like how Dji is keeping the Mavic 3 fly more combo with RC Pro exclusive to China. Its like their other customers don't spend money with them or maybe soon they will only be selling their drones in China and no where else.

A Chinese only market is nowhere near big enough to sustain a company the size of DJI.
2022-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fredbotton75. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since every country has separate laws and regulations for communication and radio frequency equipment. DJI is studying the applicability of different country regulation requirements to the 4G dongle. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2022-2-9
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Thanks everyone for your answers, including the official voice of DJI.
My question was actually: does it really work outside of China? I mean flying the M3 outside of China using a local SIM card,, with a dongle purchased in China. Anybody tried that?
(yes, I do know it is not sold outside of China, and that drone/comms laws around the planet may or may not allow).
2022-2-9
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I also want to know the same thing, just someone who can confirm they have took a chance & tried it outside of cn and how it went, it will be the final purchase for me in the M3 lineup then, having opted for the RC Pro & then 2 extra batteries.
2022-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont think its gone on sale yet in China.  
2022-2-10
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Well, it obviously is on sale:

2022-2-10
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

I just use Air Tags on my drone now.. Works exceptionally well
2022-2-10
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

It's been available for purchase in China for a while now, as posted above, the videos of proof of working are appearing on Youtube slowly, very impressive performance some of those Chinese pilots are really pushing the Mavic 3 to the max range now.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_CUclUQbFrSPq
lvl.1

Australia

fredbotton75 Posted at 2-9 22:50
Thanks everyone for your answers, including the official voice of DJI.
My question was actually: does it really work outside of China? I mean flying the M3 outside of China using a local SIM card,, with a dongle purchased in China. Anybody tried that?
(yes, I do know it is not sold outside of China, and that drone/comms laws around the planet may or may not allow).

Same here. I also want to know. But due to current covid situation, I don't think we can see someone test it outside China soon lol. But let's finger cross. Hope we can hear great news!
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_CUclUQbFrSPq
lvl.1

Australia

I did some research on Mavic 3 4G dongle module. This dongle is using TD-LTE and Australia also use TD-LTE(at least according to Google, Optus use TD-LTE). So it means literally this module can use 4g in Australia. BUT! All the data from this dongle will be processed in DJI's transit server and DJI can terminate this server in a specific country or area regarding the law. It means although this dongle has 4g function in Australia, DJI can simply ban Australia from the server to avoid people using this dongle. Now we need to ask DJI: do they ban any country from using this service or just don't sell them outside China. If they didn't ban any countries on the server, then I believe we can simply buy a dongle from China and use it in other countries. All those information is based on my research today, if you think anything is wrong, welcome to discuss (English is not my mother language, so if anything is unclear, please let me know!)
2022-2-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_CUclUQbFrSPq Posted at 2-13 19:54
I did some research on Mavic 3 4G dongle module. This dongle is using TD-LTE and Australia also use TD-LTE(at least according to Google, Optus use TD-LTE). So it means literally this module can use 4g in Australia. BUT! All the data from this dongle will be processed in DJI's transit server and DJI can terminate this server in a specific country or area regarding the law. It means although this dongle has 4g function in Australia, DJI can simply ban Australia from the server to avoid people using this dongle. Now we need to ask DJI: do they ban any country from using this service or just don't sell them outside China. If they didn't ban any countries on the server, then I believe we can simply buy a dongle from China and use it in other countries. All those information is based on my research today, if you think anything is wrong, welcome to discuss  (English is not my mother language, so if anything is unclear, please let me know!)

Very useful information.  tried checking which networks in New Zealand uses TD-LTE and cannot find any information. They just state 4G or LTE no further definition. This dongle, in the manual states that it can use FD-LTE and TD-LTE.
2022-3-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_CUclUQbFrSPq Posted at 2-13 19:54
I did some research on Mavic 3 4G dongle module. This dongle is using TD-LTE and Australia also use TD-LTE(at least according to Google, Optus use TD-LTE). So it means literally this module can use 4g in Australia. BUT! All the data from this dongle will be processed in DJI's transit server and DJI can terminate this server in a specific country or area regarding the law. It means although this dongle has 4g function in Australia, DJI can simply ban Australia from the server to avoid people using this dongle. Now we need to ask DJI: do they ban any country from using this service or just don't sell them outside China. If they didn't ban any countries on the server, then I believe we can simply buy a dongle from China and use it in other countries. All those information is based on my research today, if you think anything is wrong, welcome to discuss  (English is not my mother language, so if anything is unclear, please let me know!)

The dongle uses both TD and FD-LTE

2022-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules