Quality settings too high
2922 11 2022-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MPLYWh8b1tCy
lvl.2
Canada

So I just took my first vid and it was about 15 minutes.  It's splitting the file because it's over 4 gigs.  There's no way a 5 minute File should be 4 gigs, etc
.so what is the minimum I can set to while still engaging Rock Steady?  Is it true won't work at 720 p?
2022-2-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Unfortunately Action utilizes 100Mbps video bitrate all the way down to 2.7K 30fps. At that resolution/framerate you get 82Mbps which will give you a 20% reduction in file size. The only other lower setting starts at 1080p 30fps (36 Mbps) and that will give you roughly 1/3rd the file size.

There are no regular 720p modes, they are all slow motion, ergo no rocksteady with them. They are also at 100Mbps, so you will get the same file size as any 4K mode anyways...

Hope this helps,
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_MPLYWh8b1tCy
lvl.2
Canada

CemAygun Posted at 2-9 20:30
Unfortunately Action utilizes 100Mbps video bitrate all the way down to 2.7K 30fps. At that resolution/framerate you get 82Mbps which will give you a 20% reduction in file size. The only other lower setting starts at 1080p 30fps (36 Mbps) and that will give you roughly 1/3rd the file size.

There are no regular 720p modes, they are all slow motion, ergo no rocksteady with them. They are also at 100Mbps, so you will get the same file size as any 4K mode anyways...

Thank you. Helpful.
Do you have any suggestions for file transfer to the phone?  Sending over the Bluetooth method seems lengthy.
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI
Second Officer
Germany

usb-c cable otg,
transfer time 4,1gb more or less 4'20"
vs 7min  wireless
2022-2-10
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

djiuser_MPLYWh8b1tCy Posted at 2-9 20:55
Thank you. Helpful.
Do you have any suggestions for file transfer to the phone?  Sending over the Bluetooth method seems lengthy.

You are welcome Sorry, can't help you there because I never transfer my files to a phone (kind of old school, I stick to my pc)...
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_MPLYWh8b1tCy
lvl.2
Canada

CemAygun Posted at 2-10 14:00
You are welcome  Sorry, can't help you there because I never transfer my files to a phone (kind of old school, I stick to my pc)...

I hope you don't take this as a punishment but your help has garnered another question.
2022-2-10
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

djiuser_MPLYWh8b1tCy Posted at 2-10 23:13
I hope you don't take this as a punishment but your help has garnered another question.

Of course not, really glad to be of some help

One little thing: I have not mentioned this before because I was not sure whether this is a common thing or a problem with my setup (cards, pc etc.); but I have noticed that, at least in my case, a proper card reader provides much faster file transfers compared to the Osmo Action itself. For some reason I cannot achieve the full read speeds of my cards when in Action. As I said, it might be just me...

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
2022-2-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 2-11 19:25
Of course not, really glad to be of some help

One little thing: I have not mentioned this before because I was not sure whether this is a common thing or a problem with my setup (cards, pc etc.); but I have noticed that, at least in my case, a proper card reader provides much faster file transfers compared to the Osmo Action itself. For some reason I cannot achieve the full read speeds of my cards when in Action. As I said, it might be just me...

I only use a cardreader, a really fast USB-3 one. Never checked how long it will take to transfer files vs from the OA itself. But it is fast enough for me at this point.
2022-2-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

When I  use my camera to transfer, the supplied cable. i at times cam have a slow transfer for reasons of:

USB 2.0 cable
CPU being used, if editing, programs open, surfing the net, etc.

I may rarely take the card out vs losing it or missplacing when done, the port i have is a sdxc, not sd slot, so no adapters needed

I suggest,  use the camera,  to pc, two things happen, it transfers, it charges while transferring, relax and do something else. and enjoy
2022-2-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Just tested with one 4GB file and it took 1 minutes and 42 seconds. Not really fast.
Used the memory card in cardreader.
2022-2-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I can deal with using hte cable to camera been that way for a long time. works, while I do other things and set up for me IMOH
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI Posted at 2-10 03:37
usb-c cable otg,
transfer time 4,1gb more or less 4'20"
vs 7min  wireless

usb c cardreader to phone
4,1gb file copy time 2' 05"
2022-3-5