Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WKKL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681283 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi All,

Was wodering if you often face this problem of Compass Calibration problem before you fly?

When I first got the Spark I only had to cllibrate it usually after FW upgrade.

But recently I notied in the last few mth I often had this everytime before I fly.

Anyway one facing the same problem or have a fix? Mayb I am not storing it correctly ?

Cheers!
2022-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WKKL. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommends to calibrate the compass of your DJI drone in the following situations:
1. Flying at a location further than 31 miles ( 50 km ) away from the location the aircraft was last flown.
2. The aircraft has not been flown for more than 30 days.
3. A compass interference warning appears in the DJI application and/or the aircraft status indicator blinks red and yellow alternately.
Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-2-9
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-9 20:15
Hello there WKKL. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommends to calibrate the compass of your DJI drone in the following situations:
1. Flying at a location further than 31 miles ( 50 km ) away from the location the aircraft was last flown.
2. The aircraft has not been flown for more than 30 days.

Hi DJI Stephen
Thanks for the Fast Respond on this matter..

1. This is rather challenging for me as I am in Singapore - its 42 KM long Island. I will have to leave Singapore to Calibrate ..  May I know why? cant it be a shorter distance like 10KM?

2. OK this only relates to Spark right? - I don't have this issue with Mini2  and Mavic 3

3. OK Noted..

Thanks!
2022-2-10
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

I think you misinterpreted Stephens answer.
A recalibration is recommended if you want to fly your drone at a location that more than 50-100km away.
Lets say you had flown last in Singapore, now you want to do a flight in Australia: higher distance, recalibration recommended.
If you fly closer than the 50-100km, no compass calibration is needed, only if Go4 app demands to do so.
It never hurts to recalibrate, if you are unsure.

The Earth's magnetic field is pretty weak, and it is not uniform.
So, if you move to another position more 50-100km apart from where you last calibrated the compass, it is highly recommended to recalibrate the compass.
This is to ensure proper GPS controlled flight.
And that relates to all GPS controlled drones, not just DJI models.

I have been to Singapore twice, I enjoyed it!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-2-15
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Wolferl Posted at 2-15 08:09
I think you misinterpreted Stephens answer.
A recalibration is recommended if you want to fly your drone at a location that more than 50-100km away.
Lets say you had flown last in Singapore, now you want to do a flight in Australia: higher distance, recalibration recommended.

HI.. Thanks

Glad you like Singapore..

I was lamenting more because of the constant calibration needed of late..
When I first got it years ago - 3 years ago I usually need to calibrate once every 4-5 mth
But recently I always get the message to calibrate nearly every other flight ...
2022-2-16
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

WKKL Posted at 2-16 23:37
HI.. Thanks

Glad you like Singapore..

You have to be cautious where you put your Spark when you turn it on.
If there is something big metallic or indoors, like tables, sewer tubes, etc. Sparky detects this and demands a recalibration.

For a tech nerd like me, who also likes asian food much, SIngapore is pure heaven :-)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
2022-2-16
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks.. yes I noticed that once by chance..

Regards
2022-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules