Autopan feature Needed
1713 3 2022-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwm
New
Flight distance : 374639 ft
Canada

Hi, I've been playing with the OM 5 and realized a feature was missing. A smart gimbal with a tripod mount like the OM 5 should by default have an autopan feature.

Using the included plastic tripod base (or any tripod) it would make sense to have a way to set the camera recording video, then have the gimbal automatically repetitively pan side-to-side or tilt up-down. Similar to a programmable slider or expensive Edelkrone pan-tilt head, it would be very easy for DJI developers to set an A and B position then have the gimbal go back and forth from A to B slowly. This would allow filmmakers to create some motion when the camera is static, e.g. while recording a concert, or an interview.

Please tell me if perhaps I'm missing something (I have only owned the OM 5 for a day)--maybe this feature exists and is hidden away in a Quickshot menu?

Edit: Ok, I found in the MIMO Timelapse feature that the ability to autopan is built-in to the DJI Mimo iPhone App already, DJI just has to change it slightly to work for video, not just photos. Also, enable looping left to right or along a custom path. That's it.
2022-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rwm. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. We will take note of this information that you have given for the DJI OM5. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_pZjdse7Xzrzm
New

United Kingdom

That’s EXACTLY what I came here for. Wanted to film my band, setup tripod record video but no option to have any auto movement such a shane
3-23 05:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_pZjdse7Xzrzm Posted at 3-23 05:56
That’s EXACTLY what I came here for. Wanted to film my band, setup tripod record video but no option to have any auto movement such a shane

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. Kindly confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-23 22:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules