1144 26 2022-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426512 ft
Turkey

Hi,
I'm sorry for posting my trouble here but I dont have the allowance to start a new topic for now.

I made my first outdoor flight with my new Mini 2, but I got GPS Position Mismatch errors, dropped GPS satellites gradually and it automatically set to ATTI mode on about 350 feets high and from 40 feets distance.

Here is my flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WOV5TH3QR0PUR7OHDWC9/

It was very hard for me to take back and land the drone. What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.
2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

And an update: I watched the video recording on the SD card and there is no accordonce with the route on flight record and the video. The flight record shows the opposite directon and I'm sure I didnt go that far. Please, I'm in a very bad mood now. Is there a hardware error in my Mini 2? What would you recommend.
2022-2-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look at the indicated position of the drone between 4 min 8 sec and 4 min 11 sec, it goes from almost 4000ft away to 130 ish ft away in under 1 sec. That is not possible, indicated speed of 12526.5mph at 4:10.4 LOL, something is seriously wrong there.
Could you upload the video to drop box or youtube etc,?
2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

Thanks for your reply. Here is my flight videe on the SD Card and flight record from DJI Fly App respectively (please note that I started recording after a while and fastforwarded some of the App record):

2022-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight, congrats to get your mini2 at home again!

Twice ATTI mode (first just very short 0.2sec, second from 1m46 to 3m54s), Mini2 drifting away with the wind....drifing heading 040.
In ATTI mode because of zero GPS reception, but the LatLon position was recorded in the log.
These values must be wrong....
Into Normal mode again at 3m53s but still bad GPS reception, so again position not correct in the log.
Many times "GPS Position Mismatch", a correct message in the log.
But suddenly GPS signal oke again, and GPS position getting normal, distance away now 39 meters and before that 1216,1092,470,39 meters (this in .4 sec)

I have no idea why the GPS dropped out, carefull next flights to see if this happens again.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

JJB* Posted at 2-10 09:15
Hi,

Had a look at your flight, congrats to get your mini2 at home again!

Thanks for your reply. I don't know why it did this. I'll try again tomorrow morning. What do you recommend if it does the same thing again? Do you think it is an hardware error/failure or a calibration mistake of me? Or just random?
2022-2-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking at the video did the drone end up over "Şehit Astsubay İrfan Türker Parkı" ? If so that is almost in the exact opposite direction to that indicated in the PH replay, scarey stuff !<
Another one saying well done on getting your drone back.
However I would caution against flying in the same place again, there are too many pigeons flying circuits there for my comfort.

It might be worth posting this over on MavicPilots and seeing if "slup" etc. can dig anything out of the logs.
2022-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

e-XPLoDeR Posted at 2-10 09:18
Thanks for your reply. I don't know why it did this. I'll try again tomorrow morning. What do you recommend if it does the same thing again? Do you think it is an hardware error/failure or a calibration mistake of me? Or just random?

Hi,

Interesting to see that in your screen app video the position of the drone does not change while in he log the distance away increases as the latlon data change incorrect.

Hope it is a random incident.....
Do not think that thsi is a calibration issue, but the only thing you can do is to calibrate the IMU.

Is it possible to fly again over a free area, no buildings ect.
Flying low between buildings can hamper or deflect GPS signals, but you did fly above all those houses ect.

Cheers
JJB

2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-10 10:21
Looking at the video did the drone end up over "Şehit Astsubay İrfan Türker Parkı" ? If so that is almost in the exact opposite direction to that indicated in the PH replay, scarey stuff !<
Another one saying well done on getting your drone back.
However I would caution against flying in the same place again, there are too many pigeons flying circuits there for my comfort.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up the drone on home point, not over "Şehit Astsubay İrfan Türker Parkı".
2022-2-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahh sorry, I did not mean "ended up" literally, I meant "at one point of the flight was the drone over Şehit Astsubay İrfan Türker Parkı?", miss use of English or perhaps a 'regional variation' on my part.  
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there e-XPLoDeR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-10 17:20
Ahh sorry, I did not mean "ended up" literally, I meant "at one point of the flight was the drone over Şehit Astsubay İrfan Türker Parkı?", miss use of English or perhaps a 'regional variation' on my part.

I'm sorry, it was my mistake... Yes, it was on that location (park) for a while. I can see it on the video. And that is the time when I lost all the GPS. The wind drifted the drone there. Thats why we can not see that location on the replay and the log. Exactly, the opposite way...
2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 20:51
Hello there e-XPLoDeR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Stephen,
Thanks for your reply. My mobile device is Samsung Galaxy S8. I think there is a problem with the compass for the drone though I calibrated it before the flight. As other users see, I noticed that the video recorded on the SD card and the routes on the replay are irrelevant. I have never flown to that direction shown on the log. And I noticed that satellites started dropping when reaching to 250 feet and more. Distance was not shown mostly as you can see from the replay. I'll calibrate both compass and IMU and try to fly again (on the same are for now).
2022-2-10
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

I've made a new flight on the same area and just returned back to my PC. I would like to give a brief what I've done:

First of all, the flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IMXGEF52DXR6D4PSYUEK

1. I switched my phone to airplane mode but switched GPS on.
2. I started DJI Fly app and turned on the drone, then calibrated both IMU and Compass (unfortunately there are cars every where, but I kept 2 meters distance between a car and a drone, and I am so sorry, I know I shouldnt fly in such areas, in urban, with a crowded pigeon colony, in a stony road etc. but I couldnt wait, since I feel blue).
3. I started asceding to 100 meters slowly, as yesterday, but as you can see from the screen record, as soon as I ascend , the amount of satellites started dropping (from 16-17 max. to 8, please refer to the video, 1:25 and the log, 3m 0.1s and below)
4. As I saw 8 satellites, I didnt want to risk anymore and started descending and finally landed. As you will see, satellite connections are instable. It There are drops to 8 gradually but fast from 14-16 sattellites.

My question is: Is it normal to drop satellites from 16-17 to 8-9 while in the air, especially as altitude rises? And I know it would be zero if I ascended to 100 meters (like yesterday). There exactly is instable GPS connection as you can see both from the log and the video.

2022-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

e-XPLoDeR Posted at 2-10 22:50
I've made a new flight on the same area and just returned back to my PC. I would like to give a brief what I've done:

First of all, the flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IMXGEF52DXR6D4PSYUEK

Hi,

Checked my mini2 logs and others, it is normal for a mini2 to have 20 or more satellites.
15 is oke ofcourse, but dropping to lower number flying with a free sky above your is not normal i would say.

Best to go to DJI support and ask for their assesment, mayby a warranty claim.

cheers
JJB
2022-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

e-XPLoDeR Posted at 2-10 21:55
Hello Stephen,
Thanks for your reply. My mobile device is Samsung Galaxy S8. I think there is a problem with the compass for the drone though I calibrated it before the flight. As other users see, I noticed that the video recorded on the SD card and the routes on the replay are irrelevant. I have never flown to that direction shown on the log. And I noticed that satellites started dropping when reaching to 250 feet and more. Distance was not shown mostly as you can see from the replay. I'll calibrate both compass and IMU and try to fly again (on the same are for now).

Hi there e-XPLoDeR. Thank you for the reply and thank you for these information that you have given. If after you have done calibrating both the compass and IMU of your DJI Mini 2 and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Thank you.
2022-2-11
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

JJB* Posted at 2-11 02:39
Hi,

Checked my mini2 logs and others, it is normal for a mini2 to have 20 or more satellites.

Hi again,
Thanks for your reply. It seems we have an hardware issue. So, I will try to contact DJI and have it repaired...
2022-2-11
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello everyone. I've just had a flight outside of urban area (nearly outside) and there was not such a problem. I ascended to 170 meters and there were even more satellite connections more than 20. This made my day. I'm so sorry for taking your time. Now, I'm curious about what can bring out such an awkward situtaion? Is there a jammer etc?
2022-2-11
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Check for sun spot activity. It will effect satalites.
2022-2-11
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

Macked Posted at 2-11 13:49
Check for sun spot activity. It will effect satalites.

Sure, it's on my mind from now on.
2022-2-11
Use props
Lord Antony
lvl.2
Russia

e-XPLoDeR Posted at 2-11 09:34
Hello everyone. I've just had a flight outside of urban area (nearly outside) and there was not such a problem. I ascended to 170 meters and there were even more satellite connections more than 20. This made my day. I'm so sorry for taking your time. Now, I'm curious about what can bring out such an awkward situtaion? Is there a jammer etc?

Yor are correct, e-XPLoDer. Jammers, cell network (2G especially) and Wi-Fi hotspots could "distract" your drone.
2022-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you anything attached to the top of the drone that might block GPS receiver ie light decal etc.
2022-2-12
Use props
e-XPLoDeR
lvl.2
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 02:11
Have you anything attached to the top of the drone that might block GPS receiver ie light decal etc.

No, never of course
2022-2-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lord Antony Posted at 2-11 22:37
Yor are correct, e-XPLoDer. Jammers, cell network (2G especially) and Wi-Fi hotspots could "distract" your drone.

Hi,

Does jammer and wifi hotspots ect not only 'distracts' the RC<>Drone link and not the GPS signal ?

cheers
JJB
2022-2-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

e-XPLoDeR Posted at 2-11 09:34

Hi,

Good news, so your MINI2 is flying as it should fly!
But why not flying 'normal' above your city  ?  only reason i can think of is the GPS signal reflections bouncing back from below.

Well, always better for good flying and video`s is to fly in a rural areas  ;-)

Many happy landings,
cheers
JJB
2022-2-12
Use props
Lord Antony
lvl.2
Russia

JJB* Posted at 2-12 11:24
Hi,

Does jammer and wifi hotspots ect not only 'distracts' the RCDrone link and not the GPS signal ?

Hi.
It depends on the jammers. For example, you could put them on the top of the buildings and arrange them parallel to the surface.
As a result, GPS in the cars and cellphones on the ground will work perfectly, but if you try to fly over the buildings, your drone becomes crazy, and you will lose control very fast.
2022-2-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

e-XPLoDeR Posted at 2-10 22:50
I've made a new flight on the same area and just returned back to my PC. I would like to give a brief what I've done:

My question is: Is it normal to drop satellites from 16-17 to 8-9 while in the air, especially as altitude rises?
No .. it's completely abnormal.
I've seen a couple of similar incidents from locations in Russia, due to GPS jamming.
2022-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules