Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-5 10:09
GPS lock won’t take any longer when raining or overcast. Any theoretical diminishment would be incredibly negligible and would require instrumentation to show. I doubt you have ever used a GPS for navigation given your armchair retarded statements.
That’s been explained to you dozens of times. But I have to say it is amusing and entertaining watching you double down.

I can see you're very new here, didn't register an M3 with DJI either...
We have problems with the GPS lock here (concerning the M3) and have therefore also exchanged / discussed various observations in this regard.
As already said, no one has claimed that clouds etc. pp. prevent GPS reception. I repeat, nobody!
The discussion started in the topic "https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=260017".
In my post there (#31 and #38) I described how you can check from home (with a well-functioning GPS receiver) that the weather does have an impact on the reception quality of the GPS signals. You don't need any special measuring devices for this. If you have doubts, you can test it yourself and convince yourself.
Then you don't have to argue about it anymore.
Whether these things lead to different GPS lock times is not said. But if you own an M3, then you realize that there can be influences of this kind.
This doesn't help to solve the problem, but it can be mentioned...
Standing up and claiming that clouds, rain, etc. pp. have no influence whatsoever on the reception problems is also not correct and is not supported by personal experience with GPS receivers, which otherwise work well!
Simply explaining that the weather has no influence is not correct! Do the experiments (as mentioned above) and then you can make statements about them...

2022-3-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Just re-read carefully what I just wrote.  
Note the links and test yourself.
Such "autocratic" statements are incredibly unreasonable.  Unbelievable.
2022-3-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-5 11:10
What you said makes little to no sense. I’ll repeat-
Weather will not affect TTFF. Nor will clouds. You are welcome.
Labroides explained this to you as nauseum. He is correct. You are parsing nonsense at this point.

I take it you don't have any friends, do you?

Maybe someday you'll have time to deal with this matter...
2022-3-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-5 10:09
Here’s a book for you to get:

... very good that you have explained once again where you got your extensive knowledge about GPS from.
Of course I now understand very well why such a "self-experiment" is out of the question for you.   

2022-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 3-5 10:53
I can see you're very new here, didn't register an M3 with DJI either...
We have problems with the GPS lock here (concerning the M3) and have therefore also exchanged / discussed various observations in this regard.
As already said, no one has claimed that clouds etc. pp. prevent GPS reception. I repeat, nobody!

I described how you can check from home (with a well-functioning GPS receiver) that the weather does have an impact on the reception quality of the GPS signals. You don't need any special measuring devices for this. If you have doubts, you can test it yourself and convince yourself.

It's pointless explaining anything about GPS to you, but your suggested testing indicates that you lack even the most basic understanding of how the satellite constellations work.
You suggested:  place this receiver a little further away from the window so that you can only receive a few satellites when the sky is clear.
If you then repeat these measurements in rainy weather, please register the difference, i.e. how many satellites does your GPS receiver receive under these conditions

You don't understand that from hour to hour, the number of sats in your sky, which sats they are and their positions will change.
Comparing the number of sats seen today with the number observed tomorrow  would be completely futile, ... just as trying to explain basic GPS principles to you is.

No-one should be persuaded by anything you've said about GPS.
Since you don't understand simple English, here's a simple animation to demonstrate the flaw in your testing idea.

2022-3-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-5 14:46
I described how you can check from home (with a well-functioning GPS receiver) that the weather does have an impact on the reception quality of the GPS signals. You don't need any special measuring devices for this. If you have doubts, you can test it yourself and convince yourself.

It's pointless explaining anything about GPS to you, but your suggested testing indicates that you lack even the most basic understanding of how the satellite constellations work.
As I explained to you, it's about the average reception quality, not about individual measurements.  
Hence the multiple repetitions and the averaging!  
But statistics doesn't seem to be your area of ​​expertise either...
And recently you even claimed that I told you to fly your M3 indoors...
It's unbelievable, but that's who you are...
2022-3-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-5 14:47
Actually all this can be verified from obvious sources that have been provided multiple times to you. But you refuse to let facts matter as you disgracefully exit the door. Your “opinions” don’t make it true.

I’ll say it again, weather and “clouds” don’t affect TTFF. You arguing that it does only makes you look like a douche.

I found out that you are the one who keeps logging on here under a different name and keeps posting the same thing over and over again...
You keep getting kicked out of the forum because the only thing you do is troll..  .
2022-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 3-5 23:01
As I explained to you, it's about the average reception quality, not about individual measurements.  
Hence the multiple repetitions and the averaging!  
But statistics doesn't seem to be your area of ​​expertise either...

I learned a while back that there's no way to get through to you.
I only respond to counter the misinformation you put out.
2022-3-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-5 23:20
I learned a while back that there's no way to get through to you.
I only respond to counter the misinformation you put out.

I can even understand why you speak of "misinformation"...
You are not at all willing to follow a precisely described path of experiments because you have not had any experience with GPS problems in "normal life". So far so good...

However, the problems discussed in the forum were precisely about the fact that the M3's GPS behaved "extraordinarily"...
You can accept that and you don't have to worry about it.

But until DJI finally presents a solution (remedy), it is allowed to share personal experiences and also to carry out experiments. This also "shortens" the waiting time for the fix from DJI, which will hopefully be available soon.
But if you ignore links like "https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/" yourself, then no "insight" can be expected...
What do you mean, what should be understood by "atmospheric conditions" in that post...?
Or under the note "receiver design features/quality" to be read there...?
Well-designed GPS receivers have no noticeable problems in bad weather (e.g. clouds with ice crystals, in wintry conditions).

We all already know: A GPS receiver is not just the GPS chip and the associated antennas, no, it is also the associated software, including parameters (data that are permanently stored in the software) that the GPS chip uses for evaluation of the signals, with which the signal amplification, for example, can also be set (similar to a camera whose sensitivity can be constantly adjusted).
If you have not dealt with such things in detail (e.g. professionally), then you will find it difficult to understand this.
But to constantly claim that you alone (and maybe an additional clerk) know everything about GPS problems (especially in the border area), that's just unfair...

And since you are trying to slander me, for example by saying publicly that I wrote here that you should have your M3 inddor flown (for testing purposes), you are showing your spite. Not everyone who takes a quick look at such a discussion follows every statement made by both sides, and can therefore only wonder what is said here.
You shouldn't add slander that unjustly discredits others!
Just think about it!

2022-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 3-6 00:24
I can even understand why you speak of "misinformation"...
You are not at all willing to follow a precisely described path of experiments because you have not had any experience with GPS problems in "normal life". So far so good...

But if you ignore links like "https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/" yourself, then no "insight" can be expected...
Contrary to your misunderstanding, I haven't ignored anything.
I've read and what I see is that you have very little basic understanding and read what you want to see.
I pointed out several sources that state very palinly the exact opposit of what you think is the case, but you've never commented on any of them

Well-designed GPS receivers have no noticeable problems in bad weather (e.g. clouds with ice crystals, in wintry conditions).
I can't tell what this sentence is saying.
It seems like you might be suggesting that the M3 doesn't have a well designed GPS receiver ... perhaps?
It's the same GPS receiver that DJI has used for years.
It's made by an idustry leader and has always worked well.

If you have not dealt with such things in detail (e.g. professionally), then you will find it difficult to understand this.
Don't assume I'm a dummy ... that's not the case at all and you have no idea about my expertise.

But to constantly claim that you alone (and maybe an additional clerk) know everything about GPS problems (especially in the border area), that's just unfair...
How many times have I tried to get across the message that rain and especially clouds won't ever make enough difference to GPS reception that you'd ever notice ??
It's a fact that everyone has observed but you still want to argue about it.
But you've never put up a valid argument to support your prenise.
Nor have you been able to put up any facts show actual problems ... just your silly theoretical concept that's never been (and can't be) proved.

And since you are trying to slander me ...
You shouldn't add slander that unjustly discredits others!
You slander yourself again and again demonstrating your ignorance of GPS basics while suggesting you have some authority on the topic.

Don't expect a reply.
I'm thoroughly sick of your trolling.
I was sick of it a dozen posts ago and I don't want to keep feeding you.

You can't understand basics, you can't understand plain English, and you can't understand how to behave in a forum situation.
Get lost

2022-3-6
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-6 01:10
Contrary to your misunderstanding, I haven't ignored anything.
I've read and what I see is that you have very little basic understanding and read what you want to see.

... and it happened again! Anyone who wants to read it can see that you don't understand what a GPS receiver is!
Although I wrote it down (for you), but you only talk about the chip used!

I explained that for you:
"We all already know: A GPS receiver is not just the GPS chip and the associated antennas, no, it is also the associated software, including parameters (data that are permanently stored in the software) that the GPS chip uses for evaluation of the signals, with which the signal amplification, for example, can also be set (similar to a camera whose sensitivity can be constantly adjusted)."
Just read it through several times in peace, maybe then you will notice your understanding problem.
Your completely off the mark replies should make us believe that everything is fine with the M3? You're contradicting yourself, and you know it, right?

"Don't expect a reply."
No, I don't expect any more answers from you, I was just hoping (unfortunately in vain) that you would do the experiments (which have been quoted several times) and find out:
"Wow, the dense clouds affect every GPS device a little when you examine it statistically . It could well be that with a (still or again) poorly tuned GPS system, an additional delay in the GPS lock occurs depending on the weather."

But for that one would have to have the ambition of a scientist, and not the "stubbornness" of a bitter person...

2022-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-6 05:12
I have come to the conclusion that you stopped taking your meds a while ago along with AntDX.
Clouds and weather won’t have any noticeable affect on GPS.
If you are now pivoting and saying that somehow DJI is using a “badly designed” chip that could be affected by these factors- that’s also false. It’s the same chip they use in the Air2/Air2S and the chip has been around since 2016.

This from the same guy who argued only days ago  from his now banned account that the chip was different. It seems like you’re making this up as you go along .
2022-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-6 05:53
You’ve sunk to defending “frankymusik”.  probably because Labroides tears you a new one every time you say your nonsense.

Go on and vigorously rage-type DJI mods again. They likely snicker at you.

Typical, you lie to get your point across. Then openly admit to being Labroids Gimp. It seems you want to discuss everything “except” what the subject is about. I think your having real problems with all the accounts and remembering you usual diatribe.
You’ve been asked the same question 10 times by poster above , and don’t have a clue how to answer it. You’re here to try bring this forum into disrepute but it seems everyone is just laughing and taking the pi$$ out of you …
2022-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-6 06:33
I understand that you weren’t able to get into college, but this is really elementary-level stuff.

Clouds and weather don’t have any noticeable effect on GPS.

Thought all you needed to know about GPS was to be able to sail a boat, must be difficult for you sailing around the trailer park.
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Guys, PLEASE - You are derailing this thread with all your bickering. Please create another thread for that. This is only meant for GPS issues and healthy debate is very much welcome without any personal attacks so please keep it clean.

Thank You.
2022-3-6
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 3-6 10:15
Guys, PLEASE - You are derailing this thread with all your bickering. Please create another thread for that. This is only meant for GPS issues and healthy debate is very much welcome without any personal attacks so please keep it clean.

Thank You.

Hi Suren,I come here to get all of the info I can on the current M3 GPS issue,so I can make
a decision to get it down the road or not.Listening to the above crap does not help my
cause
2022-3-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-6 06:33
I understand that you weren’t able to get into college, but this is really elementary-level stuff.

Clouds and weather don’t have any noticeable effect on GPS.

This is way too much can somebody please axe this as totally inappropriate. Where are you moderators??
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have flown today including the past 2 days and I locked sats- home point in less than 2 minutes with today very fast- last flight was yesterday around 3pm. So what changed for me- only used a different app- used the app version 1.5.8 and GPS was faster, I thought that strange so I left the drone and carried on with work. Powered up drone with latest app 1.5.10 and it took 6 minutes. I doubt the app has anything to do with the sat lock but im not sure, too many variables at this stage to make a conclusive decision.
2022-3-6
Use props
djiuser_M5ugLkzHTqrM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31213212 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suren Posted at 3-6 18:52
I have flown today including the past 2 days and I locked sats- home point in less than 2 minutes with today very fast- last flight was yesterday around 3pm. So what changed for me- only used a different app- used the app version 1.5.8 and GPS was faster, I thought that strange so I left the drone and carried on with work. Powered up drone with latest app 1.5.10 and it took 6 minutes. I doubt the app has anything to do with the sat lock but im not sure, too many variables at this stage to make a conclusive decision.

Does It have one possiblity that they start search the boubou system first from sometime after the new drone lunching .
2022-3-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this has been mentioned before and maybe addressed. But we are aware that the M3 does not use Glonass signals, according to the manual. It uses BeiDou instead. I just installed a GPS satellite monitor app on my phone. In my area on this phone I only see GPS and Glonass. I do not see any other signals. The number and distribution of GPS to Glonass looks about 50-50. Doesn't that mean I am missing 50% of the available sats while using the M3? Or is this app just not designed to display the other systems?
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_M5ugLkzHTqrM Posted at 3-6 19:09
Does It have one possiblity that they start search the boubou system first from sometime after the new drone lunching .

Honestly, I'm not sure how it searches for sats, maybe that will be a question for Labs.
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 3-6 19:10
I know this has been mentioned before and maybe addressed. But we are aware that the M3 does not use Glonass signals, according to the manual. It uses BeiDou instead. I just installed a GPS satellite monitor app on my phone. In my area on this phone I only see GPS and Glonass. I do not see any other signals. The number and distribution of GPS to Glonass looks about 50-50. Doesn't that mean I am missing 50% of the available sats while using the M3? Or is this app just not designed to display the other systems?

That is interesting and maybe one of the guys more versed in sats can answer this. This gets me thinking how many Beidou sats over NZ??
2022-3-6
Use props
djiuser_M5ugLkzHTqrM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31213212 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suren Posted at 3-6 19:11
Honestly, I'm not sure how it searches for sats, maybe that will be a question for Labs.

if the M3 search the BeiDou system first , when the BeiDou is not available , then search the other system , due the stability of BeiDou system in different place , The lock time maybe is viable .
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_M5ugLkzHTqrM Posted at 3-6 19:14
if the M3 search the BeiDou system first , when the BeiDou is not available , then search the other system , due the stability of BeiDou system in different place , The lock time maybe is viable .

But then that would question if the different version app is doing it differently
2022-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-6 19:18
But then that would question if the different version app is doing it differently

The app should make no difference.
The drone will pick up sats and record a home point without any app,.
The app just lest you see it happening.
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 3-6 21:14

I agree that it should not but every time I connect with this older app I get a lock faster, why is that?
2022-3-6
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew my bird this weekend and it seem like it connected a lot faster(under 1 min) than before.
2022-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-6 21:22
I agree that it should not but every time I connect with this older app I get a lock faster, why is that?

Probably just coincidence.
There are so many variables in sat acquisition that you shouldn't expect it to always take the same time.

You can power up the drone without any app or controller, leave it a few minutes and when you switch the controller on, you'd see that the drone went through the whole process without the app.
It's the drone's firmware that handles how the drone does things, including satellite acquisition.
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lucas626 Posted at 3-6 21:57
I flew my bird this weekend and it seem like it connected a lot faster(under 1 min) than before.

Even guys in the Mavic Pilot forum says its connecting faster as well, I wonder what changed.
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 3-6 21:58
There are so many variables in sat acquisition that you shouldn't expect it to always take the same time.

Would you mind if I put that theory to the test? I will power up the drone and start screen recording and then after 5 minutes power up the RC and open the app. I have never tested this way but would be interesting to see the results.
2022-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-6 22:03
Would you mind if I put that theory to the test? I will power up the drone and start screen recording and then after 5 minutes power up the RC and open the app. I have never tested this way but would be interesting to see the results.

Be my guest
2022-3-6
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-6 21:58

The only way that the App could make a difference is if the Mavic 3 was using Assisted GPS. Meaning if the M3  was getting help finding the position of the satellites from the internet, then the DJI FLY app could influence the time to Sat Lock.

There was a DJI support response posted here that indicated that the standard controller would lock faster than the RC PRO without a network. Take it with a grain of salt because the knowledge level of DJI support staff varies but it could point to an internet based assist.

Such tech has never been needed before so I don't know why it would be needed now.

2022-3-7
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Suren Posted at 3-6 18:52
I have flown today including the past 2 days and I locked sats- home point in less than 2 minutes with today very fast- last flight was yesterday around 3pm. So what changed for me- only used a different app- used the app version 1.5.8 and GPS was faster, I thought that strange so I left the drone and carried on with work. Powered up drone with latest app 1.5.10 and it took 6 minutes. I doubt the app has anything to do with the sat lock but im not sure, too many variables at this stage to make a conclusive decision.

It just happens. Nothing is fixed. A week ago I had a flight with a time of about 2 minutes. The next day the weather was double. And the last 2 flights (in the same place, every half hour) were a failure. I bought this drone to use in my work. To always fly from an empty field, without any infrastructure, is not applicable in my case. If MAVIC3 can't lock the satellites on a city street, between mountain peaks, or on a small meadow in the middle of a forest, it's useless to me.
2022-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 3-7 02:15
It just happens. Nothing is fixed. A week ago I had a flight with a time of about 2 minutes. The next day the weather was double. And the last 2 flights (in the same place, every half hour) were a failure. I bought this drone to use in my work. To always fly from an empty field, without any infrastructure, is not applicable in my case. If MAVIC3 can't lock the satellites on a city street, between mountain peaks, or on a small meadow in the middle of a forest, it's useless to me.

Well all other dji drones will gain GPS lock in those situations. But it may take a little longer depending on how much is being blocked, but we’re talking seconds delay so open field it may take 40 seconds and in a valley it might be increased by 30 seconds or similar. In other words its not slow . I think this is what everyone is looking for with M3.
2022-3-7
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 3-7 02:41
Well all other dji drones will gain GPS lock in those situations. But it may take a little longer depending on how much is being blocked, but we’re talking seconds delay so open field it may take 40 seconds and in a valley it might be increased by 30 seconds or similar. In other words its not slow . I think this is what everyone is looking for with M3.

Yes, it is normal to have some change in the time the satellites are locked. Everything in less than 1 minute suits me. But guaranteed 1 minute. Anything over 2 minutes under standard conditions is a disaster for me. Even more with "records" over 5 and even 10 minutes.
2022-3-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-6 21:14

As noted here before, DJI has "reported" that the GPS lock takes a different amount of time for different controllers, and also depends on whether the controller has an internet connection...
You know what I mean?  
How to explain that when the M3 doesn't "poll" the app (for the GPS lock)?
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

KokoFresha Posted at 3-7 02:15
It just happens. Nothing is fixed. A week ago I had a flight with a time of about 2 minutes. The next day the weather was double. And the last 2 flights (in the same place, every half hour) were a failure. I bought this drone to use in my work. To always fly from an empty field, without any infrastructure, is not applicable in my case. If MAVIC3 can't lock the satellites on a city street, between mountain peaks, or on a small meadow in the middle of a forest, it's useless to me.

Yeah, it is strange that it can randomly work and then the next gives the long wait times.
2022-3-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just tested mine at 4 min 50 seconds. I have never seen a time under 2 minutes.
2022-3-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 3-7 00:40
The only way that the App could make a difference is if the Mavic 3 was using Assisted GPS. Meaning if the M3  was getting help finding the position of the satellites from the internet, then the DJI FLY app could influence the time to Sat Lock.

There was a DJI support response posted here that indicated that the standard controller would lock faster than the RC PRO without a network. Take it with a grain of salt because the knowledge level of DJI support staff varies but it could point to an internet based assist.

"Such tech has never been needed before so I don't know why it would be needed now. "

Maybe politics?
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 3-7 19:20
I just tested mine at 4 min 50 seconds. I have never seen a time under 2 minutes.

I just came in from flying myself and after having a good 3 days of quick GPS lock I am back to 8 minutes now.
2022-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules