Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What an incredible little Drone.
1136 20 2022-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Can't believe how well the Mini 2 performs.  Asked if I could fly around our local church, said no problem check the tiles while you do it so that was good.  Lots of close trees and bushes so had to be careful and still not flown enough to have muscle memory for the controls so a bit jerky at times.
Used 2.7k at 60 fps in normal mode.  Bit boring but I enjoyed it.

2022-2-11
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Well done for asking and receiving permission. I check my roof tiles especially after the recent storms.
2022-2-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  
2022-2-11
Use props
Macked
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Enjoyed your video
2022-2-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a duplicate?  I replied to the previous post
2022-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Well done, RockByter! You did a great job there. Thanks for sharing this with us.
2022-2-12
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A thumbs up from me , you will find a whole new world with a Drone.
2022-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2022-2-12
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sorry about the duplicate, I posted then wondered where it had gone.  Forgot to choose a sub category and it had gone into the Mavic section, posted again before I realised and couldn't find a way to delete the first post.
2022-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 2-12 02:31
Sorry about the duplicate, I posted then wondered where it had gone.  Forgot to choose a sub category and it had gone into the Mavic section, posted again before I realised and couldn't find a way to delete the first post.

No probs.    The forum has been a bit glitchy lately anyway.  
2022-2-12
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Churches make great subjects coz there is so much detail in them to catch the light and shadows. And you got that at a good time - the cemetery looked particularly good with those long shadows.

Top tip (from a fellow learner driver): It looks like you were probably flying in Normal mode - judging by the jerky bits you mentioned (there weren't to many btw). Make sure to switch to Cine mode AFTER powering up the aircraft as it always powers up in a normal mode regardless of the switch position. It makes a big difference to the smoothness.
2022-2-13
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks, I did put in the original post that I was using normal mode with 2.7k 60 fps.
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Oh yes, this drone is truly amazing, albeit so small.
2022-2-13
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rockbyter Posted at 2-13 09:12
Thanks, I did put in the original post that I was using normal mode with 2.7k 60 fps.
So you did, my bad - I saw the resolution and frame rate but missed the normal mode bit (too busy watching the video by that point!)
2022-2-13
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-13 04:57
Churches make great subjects coz there is so much detail in them to catch the light and shadows. And you got that at a good time - the cemetery looked particularly good with those long shadows.

Top tip (from a fellow learner driver): It looks like you were probably flying in Normal mode - judging by the jerky bits you mentioned (there weren't to many btw). Make sure to switch to Cine mode AFTER powering up the aircraft as it always powers up in a normal mode regardless of the switch position. It makes a big difference to the smoothness.

"Make sure to switch to Cine mode AFTER powering up the aircraft as it always powers up in a normal mode regardless of the switch position."

That is not correct. Look at the screen after power up and connecting to the drone. If the switch is in Cine on power up the screen shows C-Mode, not N-Mode.
2022-2-14
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 2-14 02:34
"Make sure to switch to Cine mode AFTER powering up the aircraft as it always powers up in a normal mode regardless of the switch position."

That is not correct. Look at the screen after power up and connecting to the drone. If the switch is in Cine on power up the screen shows C-Mode, not N-Mode.

Correct that is what it SHOWS in the app, but that is not the mode that the aircraft is in!

Try it. I thought the same as you and trusted the app display, but it is not correct. The aircraft ALWAYS starts in N mode, regardless of the switch, BUT the app will show the switch position, not the aircraft mode.

A simple test is to power up with the switch in the Cine position. Take off and initiate a climb with full left stick up (Mode 2 assumed). Then descend back to head-height-ish. Switch to Normal mode and then immediately back to Cine mode. Then push the left stick fully up again. The aircraft will climb much slower this time as it is actually in Cine mode. Final confirmation: descend again, switch back to N mode, full left stick up... the aircraft climbs at the rate it did when you first powered up!

I saw a number of posts about this on here and couldn't believe that the app shows the switch setting rather than the aircraft mode. So I tested as described above... and those posts on here were correct. The aircraft always starts in N mode regardless of the switch position.

To my mind DJI need to change the app to show the actual aircraft mode as this is very confusing.
2022-2-14
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-14 09:08
Correct that is what it SHOWS in the app, but that is not the mode that the aircraft is in!

Try it. I thought the same as you and trusted the app display, but it is not correct. The aircraft ALWAYS starts in N mode, regardless of the switch, BUT the app will show the switch position, not the aircraft mode.

"To my mind DJI need to change the app to show the actual aircraft mode as this is very confusing."

If what you claim is true, DJI will NEVER alter anything regarding this. The junior developer looks at the display and concludes: "All is well" ...
2022-2-14
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 2-14 09:26
"To my mind DJI need to change the app to show the actual aircraft mode as this is very confusing."

If what you claim is true, DJI will NEVER alter anything regarding this. The junior developer looks at the display and concludes: "All is well" ...

Meanwhile we all 'expect' it to be fixed in an app/software/firmware update somewhere in the undefined future, only to be disappointed until the next generation of the product is launched....

...and then to be disappointed again when we find that the same bug still exists in that product!

As I say, I couldn't believe that it would work this way when I saw a number of posts about it a few weeks ago. It just seems such a silly situation. That's why I went out and tried it....

I can understand why the designers would want the aircraft to always start in normal mode - to avoid people inadvertently heading off in sports mode because they forgot to change the switch - but to display the wrong mode in the app is just.. well, I can't understand that at all.
2022-2-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Was this a double post?
2022-2-18
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes it was I stated earlier what happened and that there is no way to delete one of them.
2022-2-18
Use props
djiuser_b8Eu3zy45YvM
New

Australia

Looks so good!  I wish I had had the opportunity to fly my Mini 2 before it was destroyed
2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules