Intermittent Control Response Problem
344 0 2022-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_A8aeRUwNBtkb
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

On two recent successive flights I encountered a control input problem with my 3 month old Mini 2.   Specifically, my Mini 2 would not respond to 'aileron' input for left translating movement (left lateral movement 90 degrees from aircraft heading).    With the control stick held fully to the left in these instances, my Mini 2 seemed to simply ignore control input altogether and even drift backwards a little (according to log tracks).    Curiously, right translating input seemed to still work fine, as did both yaw, climb, and descent control inputs.   RTH worked perfectly still and I had nol issue safely recovering the drone after both problem flights.   Log tracks showed my full left stick input was being registered by the software at least but ignored by the drone itself.   

I intiially blamed high wind conditions at the 400ft AGL altitude I was flying at the first time this happened, but the same thing happened on a following flight on another day with forecast and reported mild winds at both the surface and aloft, again at about 400ft AGL.   

I always do a flight control check at initial hovering altitude before climbing higher on each flight I make and my Mini 2 seemed to function perfectly for both left and right translatiing, yaw, climbs, and descents at this time during both flights where I encountered this problem.   I always fly with a full satellite lock, charged up controller/drone batteries, and a recently calibrated compass.   I have never crashed my drone or dropped the controller.  

I then recalibrated both my IMU and the controller itself, after which the drone seemed to function perfectly to left translatiing commands as well as all other normal control inputs.   

Question:  Since this appears to be a transient problem, can a mis-calibrated IMU ever be a cause for something like this happening?    I never recieved any error messages on the Fly App.  

The culprit seems to be a mis-calibrated controller, although the flight logs seemed to show full left stick input registering corrrectly during the times the drone ignored control input for left translating.   

Any advice or insight you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.   

Thank you.   

2022-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules