Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC not connected
870 25 2022-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stevezila
lvl.1
Flight distance : 623960 ft

United States

I've had my Air2S for a month or so now had have have made a bunch of flights. Flying mostly from my house, I've learned how far I can go before I start to lose RC singnal.  I'm using the Air2S with the RC Pro controller, I purchased the fly more combo and got the RC pro controller with the Air 2S. In the last two days, the drone has lost RC connection while within site for no appearent reason. It's happened before when I flew it out of range but this time it was well within range. My flying preameters haven't changed, I fly from the same place every time. Again Today I lost connection when the drone was no more than 50 feet away. My settings are on dual frequency for connection to the aircraft. Also, yesterday when I lost connection and the drone initiated a return to home, It appeared that the drone did not accend to the return to home altitude but instead headed directly to the home point at the altitude it was at. Being within site, I canceled RTH and brought in manually. I check for firmwhere updates regularly and update as recomended. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be using dual freq. for connection?  Thanks in advance for the help!!Steven

2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_4NfcBuK7ysFD
New

United States

Same thing happened to mine. When I firat got mine with fly more kit and rc pro controller, there was no issues, never disconnected, once I started upgrading the firmware on the drone and rc controller that's when things started happening. Now it will disconnect 3-5 times per single flight, even when trying to take off. This is very nerv wrecking especially after what we have paid for this.
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_weeuhYOMLIrS
lvl.1

United States

Same here! And I sent mine back for repair, they said they repaired the motherboard of Rc pro but when I got it back it still is disconnecting like before!
2022-2-13
Use props
Stevezila
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies..... My question is DJI aware of this issue? Do they plan to fix it? Is there anyway to undo the last update? This seems to be a new problem as I have made many flights without any disconnects. Make me a little skittish to fly
2022-2-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were the disconnections all when flying from the same place, irrespective of whether or not you have flown further from there before? If so I'd be inclined to try somewhere else before drawing any conclusions. It may well be that it is the update but then again it might not be and maybe something in your area has changed.
2022-2-14
Use props
Stevezila
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-14 06:55
Were the disconnections all when flying from the same place, irrespective of whether or not you have flown further from there before? If so I'd be inclined to try somewhere else before drawing any conclusions. It may well be that it is the update but then again it might not be and maybe something in your area has changed.

Yes I did try it from another location and the same thing happened. This time RC disconnected when drone was literally 30 feet away. The RC Pro shows "aircraft not connected but the RC bar graph on the smart controller shows full bars, strong signal. This is happening every flight no matter where I fly from. Something is wrong. How do I remove the last update?
Thanks for the help!!
Steven
2022-2-14
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Stevezila Posted at 2-14 08:20
Yes I did try it from another location and the same thing happened. This time RC disconnected when drone was literally 30 feet away. The RC Pro shows "aircraft not connected but the RC bar graph on the smart controller shows full bars, strong signal. This is happening every flight no matter where I fly from. Something is wrong. How do I remove the last update?
Thanks for the help!!
Steven

I just got my RC Pro and have activated it and linked it to my A2S.  Same thing.  Loses connection with full connection bars.  I am literally <1 meter from the drone!  I'm certainly not going to attempt a flight if I can't even stay connected to the drone from 3 feet away.

I guess I will manually update both firmwares again with DJI Assistant and see where I stand.
2022-2-14
Use props
SkyPirate007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 329698 ft

United States

Stevezila Posted at 2-14 08:20
Yes I did try it from another location and the same thing happened. This time RC disconnected when drone was literally 30 feet away. The RC Pro shows "aircraft not connected but the RC bar graph on the smart controller shows full bars, strong signal. This is happening every flight no matter where I fly from. Something is wrong. How do I remove the last update?
Thanks for the help!!
Steven

Agree Stevezila, same is happening with mine. If anyone can figure out how to downgrade the updates, please share the instructions or a youtube video link. It's just no more fun flying knowing that it will disconnect for up to 30 seconds on every flight for multiple times. Once I figure this out there will be no more upgrades at all, period!
2022-2-14
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

SkyPirate007 Posted at 2-14 18:23
Agree Stevezila, same is happening with mine. If anyone can figure out how to downgrade the updates, please share the instructions or a youtube video link. It's just no more fun flying knowing that it will disconnect for up to 30 seconds on every flight for multiple times. Once I figure this out there will be no more upgrades at all, period!

The DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) did give the option to downgrade firmware for the RC Pro, but I need the current since I need its A2S compatibility.  Mine is not one that came with the A2S FMC.
2022-2-14
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

One thing I have determined is whenever it loses connection with the aircraft, it also loses GPS.  The indicator is 0.
2022-2-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dr6583 Posted at 2-15 06:14
One thing I have determined is whenever it loses connection with the aircraft, it also loses GPS.  The indicator is 0.

Is the zeroing of the GPS count not due to the broken connection and no incoming data? I know that with my drones the camera view persists but is in Black & White but I can not remember if all the telemetry zeros out.
2022-2-15
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-15 09:07
Is the zeroing of the GPS count not due to the broken connection and no incoming data? I know that with my drones the camera view persists but is in Black & White but I can not remember if all the telemetry zeros out.

I lose all telemetry except the RC connection bars.  They stay white and remain full.  Even while disconnected from the a/c, sometimes the link indicator on the RC Pro stays green.  And sometimes it is red.  Either way, my picture freezes in black and white.  Keep in mind this is all happening in my office.  I dare not even take it a foot off the ground in this condition.

2022-2-15
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Well I think I may be airworthy now.  I downgraded the RC Pro firmware, then upgraded it again.  I was able to maintain a constant connection not only from my office but from outside the house, through several walls and brick, to the A2S in my office.  Connection bars stayed full.  Flight test tomorrow.
2022-2-15
Use props
SkyPirate007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 329698 ft

United States

dr6583 Posted at 2-15 15:22
Well I think I may be airworthy now.  I downgraded the RC Pro firmware, then upgraded it again.  I was able to maintain a constant connection not only from my office but from outside the house, through several walls and brick, to the A2S in my office.  Connection bars stayed full.  Flight test tomorrow.

Good to hear this, I keep investigating and trying different hings. Today I left my smart phone in the house, turned off Bluetooth option on the RC Pro controller, took it for a test flight on a 21 F Degree outside temp and had no issues at all, very strange. I will try to do more flights in the upcoming weeks, but it's challenging sometimes because temperatures can drop down to 5 or below zero degrees. I don't see how disabling Bluetooth fixed it, but hey I will try anything at this point.
2022-2-15
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

dr6583 Posted at 2-15 09:34
I lose all telemetry except the RC connection bars.  They stay white and remain full.  Even while disconnected from the a/c, sometimes the link indicator on the RC Pro stays green.  And sometimes it is red.  Either way, my picture freezes in black and white.  Keep in mind this is all happening in my office.  I dare not even take it a foot off the ground in this condition.

Are you listening DJI?  Get in there and "fix some bugs" like ya'll like to say!

I see I got a downvote on a reply.  I went back and looked and maybe I was a little hard on DJI.  I do appreciate all the support they mods provide here and I apologize if my tone on that particular post was off kilter.

It is possible my issue is now resolved, but I won't know for sure until the wind settles down so I can do a proper flight test.  So far, solid connection with the RC Pro in my office and me outside walking around the house, so fingers crossed
Edit-- Again, this was done by downgrading the firmware to the .01x and upgrading it again to .03x.  I never had to relink the controller to the drone during the process.....it just started working.  I walked completely around the outside perimeter of my brick home (so I know the antenna at certain points was not facing the drone) and maintained full signal bars and most importantly it stayed connected with no more "Aircraft not connected to RC" errors.  The only thing I did notice was some slight video lag at certain points.
2022-2-16
Use props
Stevezila
lvl.1

United States

dr6583 Posted at 2-16 12:00
I see I got a downvote on a reply.  I went back and looked and maybe I was a little hard on DJI.  I do appreciate all the support they mods provide here and I apologize if my tone on that particular post was off kilter.

It is possible my issue is now resolved, but I won't know for sure until the wind settles down so I can do a proper flight test.  So far, solid connection with the RC Pro in my office and me outside walking around the house, so fingers crossed

When I read your post I was excited that maybe you had corrected this issue. Last night, I downloaded DJI assistant 2 and downgraded and re-loaded to the current version.  I tried again Today and the same thing happened "AIRCRAFT NOT CONNECTED" Full Rc bars. I noticed that before this happened, the camera feed stops for a second, then comes back, Then stops for a second, so no live feed during those times. Then it disconnects.  Something interesting, When I first got the drone I never got the camera feed stopping. After quite a few flights, it happened once during a flight and freeked me out. Then after a bunch more flights it started to happen maybe twice per flight. And now I'm up to this happening. I'm wondering if this could be a progressive issue? Is it the DJIFLY now app? I did notice that in the app / device management/ account and device, that the Aircraft SN and the Flight Controller SN were the same which seems odd. I'm really not sure what to try next, so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!
Steven
2022-2-16
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Keep refreshing the firmware.  Something tells me it's one of those hit and miss things with this issue.
2022-2-16
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

dr6583 Posted at 2-15 15:22
Well I think I may be airworthy now.  I downgraded the RC Pro firmware, then upgraded it again.  I was able to maintain a constant connection not only from my office but from outside the house, through several walls and brick, to the A2S in my office.  Connection bars stayed full.  Flight test tomorrow.

Seems I spoke prematurely.  Now its back to randomly disconnecting in the same room as the drone.  I have a feeling it may be the fly app, though who knows...

Edit-- I see the A2 has a firmware update including Fly App 1.5.10.  On my RC Pro I tried to update the Fly app, but it says the 1.5.9 I'm on is the latest version.  I'm eager that this may signal a new firmware/Fly update for the A2S as well.  I'm eager to try anything new.  If anyone can figure out how to get 1.5.10 on the RC Pro please respond.

2022-2-17
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

dr6583 Posted at 2-17 09:25
Seems I spoke prematurely.  Now its back to randomly disconnecting in the same room as the drone.  I have a feeling it may be the fly app, though who knows...

Edit-- I see the A2 has a firmware update including Fly App 1.5.10.  On my RC Pro I tried to update the Fly app, but it says the 1.5.9 I'm on is the latest version.  I'm eager that this may signal a new firmware/Fly update for the A2S as well.  I'm eager to try anything new.  If anyone can figure out how to get 1.5.10 on the RC Pro please respond.

I see now Fly 1.5.10 for both Android and iOS is available.  My RC Pro is in the shop.  When you update your RC Pro to 1.5.10, please let us know if it has any effect on this "Aircraft not connected to RC" error we are discussing.  Thank you.
2022-2-21
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Please let me know if the new Fly app 1.5.10 has any effect on this issue.  I would update mine and try, but ,my RC Pro is currently in the shop.  Thanks.
2022-2-21
Use props
Stevezila
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the updates. I tried to fly with Bluetooth turned off, no change I fly for about 6-7 minutes, the camera feed stops for a second then comes back then stops again and comes back... It does this 4 or 5 times and...RC Not connected. It does this on every flight now. I called Tech support and they immediately told me to return it to them as I has become a safety issue. I packed both the RC Pro and the AIR 2S up and sent it back. Hopefully they can correct this issue. We'll see how long it takes to get it back
2022-2-22
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Stevezila Posted at 2-22 09:01
Thanks for the updates. I tried to fly with Bluetooth turned off, no change I fly for about 6-7 minutes, the camera feed stops for a second then comes back then stops again and comes back... It does this 4 or 5 times and...RC Not connected. It does this on every flight now. I called Tech support and they immediately told me to return it to them as I has become a safety issue. I packed both the RC Pro and the AIR 2S up and sent it back. Hopefully they can correct this issue. We'll see how long it takes to get it back

Got a replacement RC Pro and all is well now...
2022-3-1
Use props
Stevezila
lvl.1

United States

dr6583 Posted at 3-1 21:28
Got a replacement RC Pro and all is well now...

Interesting,,,,, I just got word from DJI that my A2S has been repaired and is on it's way back to me. In the repair notes it states that they replaced the GPS module. When the drone disconnects, it still knows how to fly home RTH still works fine. My question is how does it navigate if the GPS module is bad? I will say that DJI had a quick turnaround, they received on a Friday, and it's ready to ship back on Tuesday. I really hope this corrects my issue. I'll keep you posted.
Steven
2022-3-2
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

Stevezila Posted at 3-2 04:30
Interesting,,,,, I just got word from DJI that my A2S has been repaired and is on it's way back to me. In the repair notes it states that they replaced the GPS module. When the drone disconnects, it still knows how to fly home RTH still works fine. My question is how does it navigate if the GPS module is bad? I will say that DJI had a quick turnaround, they received on a Friday, and it's ready to ship back on Tuesday. I really hope this corrects my issue. I'll keep you posted.
Steven

Back when I had to send in a Smart Controller they asked for the drone too.  I got back a similar "GPS module repaired" drone.  It was a different drone, factory refurb, cause it had all the stickers on it like it was new.

I think they use the justification "replaced GPS module" as a catch-all when they are replacing the device, much like they used "replaced motherboard" to justify replacing a Smart Controller with a new one.

Chances are there was never a problem with GPS, or you would have known.  Expect a "new" refurb drone and hopefully the RC Pro too.  My issue was the controller.....I never sent back the drone.  At any rate, I think your issue will be resolved.
2022-3-2
Use props
bulldogb
lvl.1

United States

I purchased my DJI Air 2s Combo with the RC Pro from B&H Photo about 3 weeks ago. I've had several disconnects, also from a short range, like about 50 feet away. I'm noticing in this forum some are finding the fix from DJI is replacing the GPS module, which I'm thinking it was the GPS module in the RC Pro? I notice that if I bring up the Fly app on the RC Pro without the drone turned on, the Fly app doesn't ever locate me. In the upper left corner, it always says "Locating".  When I bring up the Fly app on my iPhone, it always locates me. Since the RC Pro has built in GPS, I expected it to be able to similarly locate me.

Does anyone's RC Pro locate them without their drone turned on? Maybe this is a sign of a faulty GPS module?
2022-3-4
Use props
Stevezila
lvl.1

United States

Just got my AIR 2S back Today, so excited. Took it out for a fly and 4 minutes in, camera freezes for 1- 2 seconds, comes back and a minute later, camera freezes for 1-2 seconds and comes back. Then I get the "RC not CONNECTED" again. A real bummer.................I came in and called DJI tech and they want it back, AIR 2S and the RC-Pro. I did get what appeared to be a new bird, stickers and all, but not a new RC-Pro. Hopefully that is the issue. My confidence is starting to wain. This thing was rock solid when I first got it. I'll keep you posted.
Steven
2022-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules