3598 7 2022-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Hi guys,

Today I encountered "Propeller guards detected. Flight performance lowered to ensure flight safety (Code: 30154)" warning in the middle of the flight. First time i noticed this warning was at 13:30 minutes in flight and at that point I headed home and brought it back. After reviewing logs I noticed that this warning first appeard at 3:33, but it flashed so fast that I didn't even notice. It was a rather calm day. UAV Forecast showed low wind and gusts up to 25 km/h at 100m. I was mostly flying at a very low altitude where the wind was even calmer and it didn't "feel" windy. I did a more thorough inspection of the props and the drone afterwards, and did't find anything unusual.

Now, I am using Master Airscrew props and motor caps on this unit and I know that this issue might be related to this setup, but since this is not a new configuration and I've flown it like this for a while now (even with gimbal protector and ND filter on that I dindn't mount for this flight) and this was the first time this issue occured, I would like to investigate. I am hoping that someone can help me extract motor and other related values from the log so I can hopefully isolate and fix the issue. You can find the log here:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/L0P7HTXSGCIWGJHJ186B/

Thanks.

P.S. Drone never had any crashes or hard landings. It was mostly landed and launched from the hand.
2022-2-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try flying it with stock DJI props and no motor caps and see if the errors still appear.
I think that a couple of our more gifted members here may be able to diagnose the flight.
2022-2-12
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

GaryDoug Posted at 2-12 21:06
Try flying it with stock DJI props and no motor caps and see if the errors still appear.
I think that a couple of our more gifted members here may be able to diagnose the flight.

Hey GaryDoug, thanks for your input. I will revert to the default config, but before I wear out threads some more by doing so, I want to make sure that everything else is ok. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to extract motor rotation speed values from the .DAT file using CsvView the way I did it before on some older drones so I am looking for a different way of getting this data, if there is any.
2022-2-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Nice flight, all data look great   except ofcourse for the payload messages ect.
Bad luck on the DAT file, DAT files for MINI2 cannot be decrypted.

As said by Gary, go back to the original settings and fly again.

Interesting to know...what will happen when the max alt and max distance is set and drone is flying outside these limits?
APP message >  "Max altitude set to 30m and max distance set to 50m"
cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2022-2-13
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 2-13 04:40
Hi,

Nice flight, all data look great   except ofcourse for the payload messages ect.
[Image]

Thanks JJB. I figured that .DAT files can only be decrypted by DJI and thus I can't find motor rotation data that I need to pinpoint the problem. With your log tool I wasn't able to find anything else out of the ordinary. I wish DJI would build an export log button in DJI fly app so we can get our logs and they get to keep their original files encrypted.
2022-2-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tuxtard Posted at 2-13 10:57
Thanks JJB. I figured that .DAT files can only be decrypted by DJI and thus I can't find motor rotation data that I need to pinpoint the problem. With your log tool I wasn't able to find anything else out of the ordinary. I wish DJI would build an export log button in DJI fly app so we can get our logs and they get to keep their original files encrypted.

Hi Tuxtard,

DatCon reads my MA2 dat files, did you try it yourself with your AIR2S dat file?

cheers
JJB
2022-2-13
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

JJB* Posted at 2-13 11:09
Hi Tuxtard,

DatCon reads my MA2 dat files, did you try it yourself with your AIR2S dat file?

This is Mini 2 and sadly, it won't read its logs.
In the meantime I switched back to the original props, and it works fine.
2022-4-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

when i used to frequently receive the error message (due to strobes), i would simply pause the flight and turn off the mode....and everything went back to normal; annoying but it worked.
2022-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules