DJI RSC2 disappointing and poor quality
1639 0 2022-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El3vated
lvl.1

Netherlands

Coming from the DJI Ronin SC, I was sure this would be a worthy upgrade. And in some cases it surely is.
But the quality of the metal used for the screws is just abysmal.

• The original screws used for the quick release plates are both bent and broken after using moderate force. With the heavy setups we use the screw has to be tightened with a screwdriver, otherwise it will just unscrew itself in no time, I'm sure other users experience the same issue.  But I had to replace these screws directly with better quality third party screws.  see included picture for broken dji screw, just cracked in the middle.  Also notice the side of the groove just being bitten by the screwdriver used. This metal seems really soft.  The screws of the Ronin SC were much better and held up until the end.
  • The focus motor screw knob just is not able to tighten it enough, the inner bolt is stripped and if the lens focus ring is too stiff the motor just pushed itself away from the focus ring because it's not clamped on the rod strongly enough. Also, resulting from a bad quality of metal
  • the quick release mechanism on the gimbal itself also uses a screw that is stripped out without being able to open once.  using the exact correct hex/allen wrench the screw was stripped out immediately.

This so called proffesional gear should hold up much better in my opinion, I'm also having a hard time trusting the 1/4"-20 inch screwhole on the bottom, why did you remove the 3/8" inch screw DJI? It was a lot sturdier.

quick release mechanism screw stripped

quick release mechanism screw stripped

quick release plate cracked

quick release plate cracked
2022-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules