rc not connected to mobile device mini 2
388 5 2022-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sleeptime
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16883 ft
United States

I have a new MINI 2 connected with my old Motorola Z3 and it works great.  I want to use a tablet for obvious reasons including size and not wanting interruptions with notifications and calls. I purchased a new cheap 64 bit tablet. It's a YESTEL T5.  I entered developer mode and made changes suggested in a YouTube post and successfully downloaded and opened the app, but the error " rc not connected to mobile device 2" keeps me from getting into the fly mode.  Ive turned the USB C cable which worked for one user, and replaced the USC C to USB C for a USB to USB C with a USB to USB C adapter which worked for another.  I'm stuck, any advise?  Thanks
2022-2-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd be inclined to use the original USB-C to USB-C cable as a test, you might have to set the tablet and controller on a table top etc. If that works then, at a guess, the combination does not like the USB-C male to USB type-A female adapter.  
2022-2-12
Use props
sleeptime
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-12 18:07
I'd be inclined to use the original USB-C to USB-C cable as a test, you might have to set the tablet and controller on a table top etc. If that works then, at a guess, the combination does not like the USB-C male to USB type-A female adapter.

I did it originally and thats how I started the hunt.  I searched and these were solutions to other posters. Thanks
2022-2-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Re, " Ive turned the USB C cable" if you look closely at the original cable's plugs you may see that one of those plugs is marked with a representation of the controller.
When you tried it was that end plugged into the controller?
2022-2-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. As per checking here. It seems that the mobile device that you've used is not listed on our compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini 2 and the DJI Fly app and this might be the main cause of the trouble. We strongly suggest using a compatible device to avoid any issues. Please refer to the image below for your reference. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2022-2-13
Use props
sleeptime
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-13 02:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. As per checking here. It seems that the mobile device that you've used is not listed on our compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini 2 and the DJI Fly app and this might be the main cause of the trouble. We strongly suggest using a compatible device to avoid any issues. Please refer to the image below for your reference. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply.  I understand that my tablet isn't on the official DJI list of compatable devices, but in my recent survey of the forums and especially YouTube posts, there are relative few choices in Android compatable devices, especially tablets. There are so many posts by Android users and complaints (if true) that the list is not updated that your reply is just not true.  The many posts by successful tablet usere seems to confirm my statement.  I have learned that the first requirement is a 64 bit device, and when doing a benchmark test the word ARM is in the CPU description with the number 64.  One post describes in detail how to get into Developers Mode and which items to turn on in this individuals finding the right settings. Using the information got me to load the DJI FLY App successfully. Many soutions listed require some USB C change in position and including a USB adapter in the cable.  I have no reason to believe these posts aren't true.

There may be other requrements in the configuration that I don't have on my tablet, but touting the party line and saying it's not on the list that is so lacking options isn't that helpful
2022-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules