Help with Some Questions
1630 4 2014-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goodrichodyssey
lvl.1

United States

1. Do I need to download the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6, 2014-10-31, based on my unit was purchased after that date?

2.  I would think I have the most up-to-date firmware on my purchase, correct?

3. My battery as a little yellow note in the box that says "IMPORTANT, Batteries bearing model number PH2-5200mAh-ll.lV include new upgraded cells. Please upgrade the Phantom central board firmware to version 1.0.2.7 or above through Phantom Assistant before using this battery for the first time." I have a Macbook Pro and have not downloaded any Phantom Assistant to my computer since I purchased it.

A. Do I need to?
        B. How do I find out what firmware version my Phantom has?
        C. After my full charging of the battery, can I use it without any issues?

4. Is there any video that I can watch which will explain in detail about the whole Assistant software? The book is a little light in that area.

2014-11-29
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Its always advisable to keep up to date with firmware, assistant software and the other updates such as battery....

There is a YouTube video for assistant software, more a walk through guide...

Assistant software will tell you what version you are running.

There are also other settings that you should ideally check before using this on a regular basis.....
Safety first and more importantly, protect your investment from crashing etc......

Research and you will find, its a learning process...........................
2014-11-29
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

1. Absolutely yes

2. Ahhh, not necessarily.  (Gil's observation of life #47:  anytime someone prefaces a statement with "you would think..." -- the opposite tends to be true)

3. And what part of the yellow note is confusing?

A. Already answered in 1 above, but again, yes.
     B. Until you install Vision Assistant you will never know.
     C. Short answer yes.  Longer answer, read the manual, applicable safety warnings, etc.

4. Oh my yes.  Youtube has bazillions of videos regarding Phantoms.  Here is but one http://youtu.be/695FLzWT_ko

I would also highly recommend downloading all the latest manual
2014-11-30
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Very informative video,  thanks for sharing.
2014-11-30
Use props
goodrichodyssey
lvl.1

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-11-30 20:01
1. Absolutely yes

2. Ahhh, not necessarily.  (Gil's observation of life #47:  anytime someone prefa ...

Thank you very much for your answer and the link.
2014-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules