Largest Android Device Display for Stock Controller?
3030 8 2022-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans700c30e1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

I measured the vertical opening on the stock controller's clamp at about 3.5".
What is the largest and least expensive Samsung Tablet I can use with the stock controller and clamp and the Fly More app?
I dont need cellular.  Does the device need GPS and compass to work with the Fly More app?
I'm currently using an android phone and just want to up the display size for its current 5" diagonal.

Thank you!

2022-2-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with a Hanatora 4.7- 12.9 Inch Tablet Holder Mount.  Much easier to see things on a 10.5 inch screen as opposed to a small mobile device screen.
2022-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the https://forum.dji.com/thread-259928-1-1.html ( https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... oller-tablet-holder ) on our DJI Online Store. The DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Tablet Holder is compatible with most tablets on the market as well as the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller. The base can be mounted on the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller's Mobile Device Holder. The spring clamp at the top centers and holds 7-10 inch tablets firmly. Thank you.

2022-2-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Most tablets will not fit in the standard mount, also every device does not work with DJI Fly App!
2022-2-14
Use props
fans700c30e1
lvl.2
United States

thank you all.  Now I know I must use another holder as there are no devices other than phones that will fit the stock jaws.   
2022-2-14
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

You could ask about specific models and see what user experiences are like for that model!
2022-2-14
Use props
UKAdrianJ
lvl.2
United States

www.mavmount.com has some great options for larger devices. I just ordered the Tripltek 8 Pro tablet, and with it their very functional looking mount for tablets - seems like it could work with a variety of devices. Have a look here: https://www.tripltek.com/product-page/2-parts-dji-mavic-3-air-2-mini-2-adapters-for-tripltek-8pro-better-balance (that one includes the neck-strap too but you can buy the tablet clip by itself).
2022-2-16
Use props
UKAdrianJ
lvl.2
United States

Oh, I guess you can't post links? Or is that just me because I'm new to the forum? Never mind - you can copy and paste.
2022-2-16
Use props
fans700c30e1
lvl.2
United States

UKAdrianJ Posted at 2-16 13:58
Oh, I guess you can't post links? Or is that just me because I'm new to the forum? Never mind - you can copy and paste.

thanks.   Im going to stick with the phone for now.  ITs doing the job well for what I do. thanks again.
2022-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules