4454 17 2022-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pontix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,I have the latest DJI Fly app 1.5.9. (600) on iOS and I am having issues with the DJI Air 2s (I gave the latest firmware released on Jan 2022.

The problem is that I continuously hear a warning message "Automatic Avoidance" every other seconds: I realized it happens after that 1) a manned aircraft is detected close by with the ADB-S 2) the same manned aircraft is not anymore close-by (no more red or orange warning).
The only way to get rid of it is closing the app (yes...when flying, so NOT ideal) and reopen again.
Of course this "trick" works ONLY until a next manned aircraft is detected: after the plane is not close-by, I head again the "Automatic Avoidance" issue.

Is this bug being addressed in future sw updates?

2022-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pontix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for giving out these information. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-2-13
Use props
pontix
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-13 20:21
Hello there pontix. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for giving out these information. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

I have done it already, but the issue persists. I am using an iPhone Pro 12.
As far as I have seen, there are other users in the forum that are experiencing the same issue.
I will try with an Android device in the coming days and see if I have a different result.

Thx!
2022-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pontix Posted at 2-14 17:26
I have done it already, but the issue persists. I am using an iPhone Pro 12.
As far as I have seen, there are other users in the forum that are experiencing the same issue.
I will try with an Android device in the coming days and see if I have a different result.

Hi there pontix. Thank you for the reply and for this information that you have given. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-2-15
Use props
EverettSkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889879 ft
United States

I am also getting this and I just received my replacement from DJI care and now the new drone is doing this my ac is the air 2 and my mobile device is iPhone 8plus
2022-5-22
Use props
EverettSkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889879 ft
United States

I am also getting this and I just received my replacement from DJI care and now the new drone is doing this my ac is the air 2 and my mobile device is iPhone 8plus
2022-5-22
Use props
fans6d219998
New
  • >>>
Australia

Was there a solution here as my dji air 2s with iPhone pro 12 did exactly the same today… (also have a persistent backward sensor error code 180002 issue but dealing with that separately….)
2022-6-26
Use props
fans77d53e68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356348 ft
United States

Same issue for me. Once aircraft no longer near audible warning continues until app closed and restarted. I’m switching this feature off as unhelpful audibly when shooting at wedding events.
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_Ie8m9cN5qIMT
New
Flight distance : 1321115 ft
United States

Seeking an answer on this as well. iPhone 12 Pro, with an Air 2s - app and drone software/firmware all up to date.

While flying today, I received the “manned aircraft too close” warning, and then a repeated “automatic avoidance” alert, even though I was at 50ft, and the plane was at 2,000ft. Additionally, the alert did not stop going off, even after I landed the drone, powered it off, and removed the battery.

I am also wondering WHAT does this even mean?!? I let the drone hover, as I was aware of the pilots flight bath (he was going up and down the oceanfront at 2,000ft flying a banner advertisement) and even at the max altitude, I couldn’t have come anywhere near him. Even still, being over water I was worried that the drone was going to try some crazy avoidance maneuver…it just hovered there in-place though.

I think this warning may be misleading. I cannot seem to find ANYWHERE what “automatic avoidance” actually does, or is supposed to do. In my case, it did nothing.
2022-7-17
Use props
pontix
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Ie8m9cN5qIMT Posted at 7-17 12:53
Seeking an answer on this as well. iPhone 12 Pro, with an Air 2s - app and drone software/firmware all up to date.

While flying today, I received the “manned aircraft too close” warning, and then a repeated “automatic avoidance” alert, even though I was at 50ft, and the plane was at 2,000ft. Additionally, the alert did not stop going off, even after I landed the drone, powered it off, and removed the battery.

i think it's a bug they haven't been able to fix and identify so far. I keep the sw updated too and last time the alert went away, but it's a long time I haven't flow with the Air2S. I will fly it next week for some work and I will see if I still get the persistent warning
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_oBdPFMquBgMC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 985243 ft
United States

I am having the same problem.  Air2s, iPhone 13.
2022-7-28
Use props
CaseyGuy
lvl.1
United States

I’m getting this for the first time. As others have said, it starts after a warning of nearby manned aircraft, but the “automatic avoidance” message persists every 2 seconds, even after that manned aircraft has left the area. And it won’t turn off, even after you shut down the aircraft and its controller. Just updated DJI Fly to v1.70, flying Mavic Air 2, with N1-RC controller.
2022-9-10
Use props
fowldawg4
New

United States

I'm having the same issue using a Mavic Air2 and iPhone 13 pro.  Assuming, they haven't fixed the glitch yet, does anyone know how to turn off this feature and fly without it?
2022-10-27
Use props
pontix
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fowldawg4 Posted at 10-27 10:58
I'm having the same issue using a Mavic Air2 and iPhone 13 pro.  Assuming, they haven't fixed the glitch yet, does anyone know how to turn off this feature and fly without it?

I would love to know it too...but as now, I "bypassed" the problem getting a DJI RC.
2022-10-27
Use props
nickholum
New

United States

I am getting this error message too... so distracting and infuriating... oh my goodness how do I turn this off?!?!?
2023-3-27
Use props
fansad62633a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 792654 ft

United States

Here we are a year later and no fix in sight.

I may be wrong but this seems to be an Apple device only issue.  DJI are clearly moving away from Apple so who knows if they will ever fix it.  

It's also pretty annoying as I live in an area that is on the flight path to a local airport about 15 miles away - so planes fly over my house all the time, but much higher than I am flying.  Doesn't matter - the alert goes off anyway and it won't shut up.

I suspect the only option will be to turn off Airsense, which is a shame.  
2023-7-1
Use props
pontix
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansad62633a Posted at 7-1 12:26
Here we are a year later and no fix in sight.

I may be wrong but this seems to be an Apple device only issue.  DJI are clearly moving away from Apple so who knows if they will ever fix it.  

Agree! I didn't get anymore as I switched now completely to the RC Pro and the DJI RC.
2023-7-1
Use props
SkipHall
lvl.1

United States

Seriously?  This is DJI’s state of the art flight control software?
Flying my Air2S, with current firmware updates installed. App v1.11.0. IPhone13 Pro.  TRYING to be compliant with all of the nine thousand things a Part 107 operator must observe… and I get this same “manned aircraft too close” warning, for a fixed wing flying so far away that can’t even find it in the sky. Landing the UAV doesn’t stop it.  Even shutting everything down (App, aircraft, and controller) and switching them back on doesn’t clear this message.  I am MILES away from the nearest airport, and operating below 200 ft.  If I can’t fly here, at this altitude, with this aircraft, then I can’t work… so what do I need this machine for?  SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING…
2023-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules