Here's how to lose all your cloud flight data!
860 3 2022-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
williewiskers
lvl.1

United States

This is just a post explaining how the DJI can LOSE all your flight data FROM THE CLOUD and refuse to sync it from OTHER devices with your flight data!

• Install DJI GO 4 and fly for the first time, accumulate 17k points and Lvl10
  • Get a new device and install DJI GO4 on that
  • Forget your password and click forget password link
  • Enter your OLD password as your replacement password and become informed of this by the website
  • LEAVE the password reset screen and go back to your new device
  • Enter your OLD password - it will still work and log you in; however it will NOT be your account. It will be a NEW account with that email address
  • "Your" account will have a randomized user name, no aircraft and no flight data
  • Cloud sync doesnt bring it back
  • Your "old" account information still exists on your OLD device. Resyncing it to the cloud and then syncing on the NEW device does nothing
  • Logging out on your old device and logging back in now shows the NEW randomized, empty account originally generated on the new device
Basically theres a glitch in the DJI account management server that DUMPS (or effectively removes it, or you, from access to it by some other technicality) all your flight and account data if you begin, but dont FINISH the password reset function. That means ONCE YOU CLICK THE LINK IN YOUR EMAIL TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD YOU MUST COMPLETE THE PROCESS OR FORFEIT ALL YOUR STORED FLIGHT DATA.

Someone at DJI should fix this glitch, but at least someone might search the forum and find this.

The Wiskers

2022-2-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is very weird indeed.  I moved to a password manager called last pass,  they have a free tier which is superb and means you never need to reset a password again,   You can also store notes and delegate access to a love one if you die.
2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there williewiskers. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-2-16
Use props
djiuser_BY5jEzKK4aNq
New
Canada

This bug is still very much alive and I ruined my flyaway insurance because of it! Seeing my stats stuck at zero made me reinstall and lose the local data as well.
2022-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules