Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has there been a change in syncing videos to phones etc?
2217 27 2022-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

I've just flown one of my Mini 2s, and although the quickshot videos were saved to the phone, other videos shot at same time were not saved there. They were saved to the SD card however so no big deal. This Mini 2 hasn't flown since beginning of Nov. last year. My question is. After fly app 1.4.8, are the videos (except quickshots) Not saved to the phones now?
The software/firmware are all up-to-date.
2022-2-14
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

United States

What about  (security) updates to your phone you use as a monitor with the remote?
2022-2-14
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I will check that. But, why do the quick shots appear on the phone then? I was sure there was another thread about videos/photos not syncing to phones but have been unsuccessful in searching for it.
2022-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yogi053. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2022-2-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI broke it in the app.  Still is not fixed yet.
2022-2-14
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 2-14 20:10
DJI broke it in the app.  Still is not fixed yet.

That is what I think but I will try a couple of other mobile devices.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 19:32
Hello there yogi053. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

I mainly use a Oneplus 7t which you will tell me is not recommended but may work. Well, it used to work up until the app progressed to 1.5. series. I will check it on 2 other devices. Another Android and an Apple device and reply again.
2022-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only single photos sync for me,  video and AEB shots are not working.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 00:30
Only single photos sync for me,  video and AEB shots are not working.

Have you tried quickshots recently at all DAFlys?
2022-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-15 00:38
Have you tried quickshots recently at all DAFlys?

Sorry,   No I haven't.
I did do a POI circle on 1.5.4. And that worked fine.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 00:39
Sorry,   No I haven't.
I did do a POI circle on 1.5.4. And that worked fine.

If I get a chance today I will try those other 2 devices and post here.
2022-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-15 00:43
If I get a chance today I will try those other 2 devices and post here.

Im re-tiling a kitchen floor so wont be flying this week.   
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 00:49
Im re-tiling a kitchen floor so wont be flying this week.

No problem.
2022-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unlike this floor thats been a real problem.  
2022-2-15
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I'm on Fly app v1.5.9 on Android 9 (on an HTC U12+ - not on the recommended lost).

Videos and photos are caching to my phone storage as they were before.

If prefer the option of caching to the SD card, but it's not available with the Mini 2, seemingly.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-15 00:56
I'm on Fly app v1.5.9 on Android 9 (on an HTC U12+ - not on the recommended lost).

Thanks for that info N.O.T.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-15 00:56
I'm on Fly app v1.5.9 on Android 9 (on an HTC U12+ - not on the recommended lost).

I don't understand fully about caching to the SD card? Surely all photos and videos are saved to the card in the drone at whatever resolution you have set to record.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Carried out some testing with different devices and ended up confusing the hell out of myself!
Too wet and windy to fly outside so just fired up the drone, controller and mobile devices and moving drone by hand did some very short videos and photos ( single shot and 3 shot aeb(s) ).
Found different scenario outputs. Devices were:- iphone 5s, iphone 7, Huawei P20 lite, and Oneplus 7t. Both iphones were on Dji fly app version 1.5.9. (600) official. (Downloaded from appstore today). Huawei was on version 1.5.1. and Oneplus was on version 1.5.9. (1015) official. iphone 7 seemed to load photos and videos ok to phone app. iphone 5s loaded video but not photos. Huawei loaded video to phone app but not photos. Oneplus seemed to load both videos and photos after messing about with permissions on phone. Confused? I am!
Think it's time to just concentrate on the use of the Oneplus ad put the others away back in s drawer for emergency spares.
I did notice however that Dji give you an option to save the files from the Dji Aircraft app to the phone app before powering down drone, RC and mobile device.
2022-2-15
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-15 06:46
I don't understand fully about caching to the SD card? Surely all photos and videos are saved to the card in the drone at whatever resolution you have set to record.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Recording is to the SD card in the drone.

By cacheing I am referring to the copy of the video that is sent to the app and stored on the phone/tablet. Most phones/tablets have internal storage and removable SD card storage. Storing the cached video on the phone storage can fill the phone up very quickly, but if you have a big enough SD card in the phone then it woudl be useful to be able to have that cache stored there instead, leaving your phone's internal storage for other stuff.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-15 08:14
Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Recording is to the SD card in the drone.

Thank you N.O.T. for claifying that. The phone I use has128gb storage so I've never thought about storage  problems. I have few apps on my phone and basically use it only for phone calls and a device for flying my Mini 2(s). Have SC for my M2P.
2022-2-15
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 2-15 08:35
Thank you N.O.T. for claifying that. The phone I use has128gb storage so I've never thought about storage  problems. I have few apps on my phone and basically use it only for phone calls and a device for flying my Mini 2(s). Have SC for my M2P.

Yeah, my phone only has 64GB of storage and A LOT of stuff on it (would love to upgrade and then use this phone for just drone use, but I ended up spending on a drone instead ;-P )

I have a 256GB SD card in the phone, though, so it would be ideal to use that.

My other concern is that as cache files are rotated on the phone the phone performance coudl be affected. I've often clear caches and cache partition to help with performance in the past - though I oddly haven't had to  not with this U12+.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I tend to download everything on the SD cards straight to the PC after each day's flights and then decide what to keep and what to discard. I then transfer the items I want to keep to 1TB portable drive. There is a fair deal of building going on around me just now and the horizon landscape is changing fast. I have video going back 30 years of the area I live in and even surprise myself when I look back at my archives.
2022-2-15
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 2-14 07:15
What about  (security) updates to your phone you use as a monitor with the remote?

Thanks for that Johnny.
2022-2-16
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

UPDATE:- Started from scratch. Checked all permissions, cleared all cache(s), updated app to latest and now have videos, photos on phone app.
Thread closed as far as I'm concerned.
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

yogi053 Posted at 2-15 00:24
I mainly use a Oneplus 7t which you will tell me is not recommended but may work. Well, it used to work up until the app progressed to 1.5. series. I will check it on 2 other devices. Another Android and an Apple device and reply again.

Hi there yogi053. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 7T ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 7T will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-2-16
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Dji Stephen. Have another read of my posts. I tried 4 different mobile devices, none of which are on your recommended list. At the moment I am happy with the performance of my Oneplus 7t with my Mini 2s and should Dji eventually upgrade the app such that it no longer works then I will revert to an earlier version of the app.
I hope there won't come a day when the only mobile devices that will work with Dji drones are Dji RC Pros, latest Apple phone or high end latest Chinese manufactured phones
2022-2-17
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 21:05
Hi there yogi053. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 7T ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 7T will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

DJI Stephen, You forgot to ask if he had a hard crash with the said drone ...
2022-2-17
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes, I did notice that  Johnny J. lol.
2022-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules