1261 6 2022-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2ed9bb23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347415 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I'm sending in my A2S for checking and repair. The Auxiliary LED, won't turn on, regardless of setting or situation.
After getting the shipping label, I was left with the question; what to ship.

Obviously, the drone, but, is there ANYTHING else I should include?

Propellers?
Battery?
RC?

As to the later, I contacted DJI support who then transfered me to the After Sales Team.

After verifying my case number, I was told to include the RC.

I replied that, the original RC, a Smart Controller, was substitued with an RC Pro, at a considerable cost on my part, after the original purchase; An A2S Fly More with SC.

So, I'm really scared to send off over $2K worth of gear, not sure wether DJI insures this much, with their supplied UPS label / shipping option.

Not really sure either, why would they need my expensive RC Pro controller, to diagnose a faulty Auxiliary LED, when they (DJI) can do with any spare RC they have laying around at their repair center.

Opinions?
2022-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the confusion caused. If your remote control and propellers don't have any problem, you could just send the drone back. Also, if it's convenient, can you please tell me how you contacted support? We will help you check it. Thanks.
2022-2-14
Use props
fans2ed9bb23
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 19:42
Hi, there. Sorry for the confusion caused. If your remote control and propellers don't have any problem, you could just send the drone back. Also, if it's convenient, can you please tell me how you contacted support? We will check the situation for you. Thanks.

I've already got a case number. It is just that, other than getting a download for the label number, I wasn't told or specify, what or how to ship the drone.

It's like, here's the label, ship drone, that's it.

I later contacted support again, as I told above, someone in the After Sales department, told me to ship the controller as well.

Normally, I would've, except, in my view, the controller has nothing to do with a faulty LED.
On top of that, again, as I've explained above, and, after reading all the horror stories, I'm really reluctant to ship over $2K worth of gear just to check a faulty LED.

I'm gonna go by what you said, and just ship the drone.
I don't want UPS to bungle this and end up having either them or you, DJI, refuse full reimbursement.

I can always ship the RC Pro separately, if need be, and wait however long it takes for the repair.
2022-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans2ed9bb23 Posted at 2-14 22:48
I've already got a case number. It is just that, other than getting a download for the label number, I wasn't told or specify, what or how to ship the drone.

It's like, here's the label, ship drone, that's it.

Hi, there. Please use the SL we provided, pack your drone and drop off the package at the appropriate courier center. Besides, could you tell me in which way you contact our support? Email, chat, or phone? Thanks.
2022-2-15
Use props
fans2ed9bb23
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 03:16
Hi, there. Please use the SL we provided, pack your drone and drop off the package at the appropriate courier center. Besides, could you tell me in which way you contact our support? Email, chat, or phone? Thanks.

Just shipped it out today. Thanks.
2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans2ed9bb23 Posted at 2-15 12:44
Just shipped it out today. Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Our team will take care of it after the package is received. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. You can also check the case status via https://repair.dji.com/en/suppor ... ndsite&from=nav
2022-2-15
Use props
SupBro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good deal just shipping the drone. anything else just causes unnecessary headaches.
2022-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules