Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My DJI Pocket 3 Wish List (Pocket Pro)
1234Next >
8383 120 2022-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do hope some of these make it into the Pocket 3.

2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-2-15
Use props
Hannes Dietrich
lvl.4

Germany

Very nice! I wish this too
2022-2-15
Use props
wguzman
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Pocket 3 wish list: Release an update fixing the issues with pocket 2. End
2022-2-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.  Would be super if most of these make it into the Pocket 3.  
2022-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-15 14:13
Nice find DA.  Would be super if most of these make it into the Pocket 3.

Id love to see that screen for sure Dt.
2022-2-16
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well, I guess the guy does say it's his "dream" device, so fair enough. But it really is only going to be that; so many things in that list are physically unlikely/impossible, it's only ever going to be a dream. I mean, exactly how big does he want this thing to be in order to fit everything in?
2022-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gawain Posted at 2-16 00:37
Well, I guess the guy does say it's his "dream" device, so fair enough. But it really is only going to be that; so many things in that list are physically unlikely/impossible, it's only ever going to be a dream. I mean, exactly how big does he want this thing to be in order to fit everything in?

Its nice to dream Gawain.
2022-2-16
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

What the video misses is a simple matter of fact: companies never release fully equipped devices, otherwise they cannot sell accessories or the next improved product of the line.
So, I wouldn't have high hopes for 1", low aperture, bigger screen, integrated wheel...
In addition, me and a plenty of customers are waiting for a fixed Pocket 2...
2022-2-16
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yeah, but it's particularly nice to have realisable dreams.

That said, if the point of this thread is to list stuff that isn't going to happen, I'd really love the next DJI Pocket to have a big chunk of built-in RAM so it could do loop recording but graphics card retroactive video capture style rather than car dashcam style (i.e. footage is continuously saved to RAM, saving a user set duration, e.g. 1 minute, 2 minutes, etc. When the shutter button is pressed, the camera saves the RAM footage to SD card and continues recording).

Onboard software or AI that does some basic "rule of thirds" composition/framing when object- and face-tracking instead of simply keeping the subject in the middle would be very cool too.
2022-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gawain Posted at 2-16 01:02
Yeah, but it's particularly nice to have realisable dreams.

That said, if the point of this thread is to list stuff that isn't going to happen, I'd really love the next DJI Pocket to have a big chunk of built-in RAM so it could do loop recording but graphics card retroactive video capture style rather than car dashcam style (i.e. footage is continuously saved to RAM, saving a user set duration, e.g. 1 minute, 2 minutes, etc. When the shutter button is pressed, the camera saves the RAM footage to SD card and continues recording).

+1 Some great ideas there.
2022-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 00:20
Id love to see that screen for sure Dt.

Especially if they can make it close to the same size as the Action 2.  
2022-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-16 03:51
Especially if they can make it close to the same size as the Action 2.

And the same price
2022-2-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'd like to see a consumer version of the Ronin 4D.  OR a Mavic 3 on a stick.  To be honest, I don't think the "Pocket" name should go on the next gimbal camera - it really isn't a very pocketable device.  DJI Gimbal, DJI Minigimbal, DJI 4C (as in, 4C the future...).  It was a mistake to name the Action 2 as if it was anything to do with the Action 1.  Aiming for pocket size is going to compromise the specs of the Pocket 3 (or whatever it is called) - this time, keep the gimbal camera concept but make it more iike DSLR size, with specs to match.  Sure it will be significantly more expensive than the Pocket 2 but to advance significantly on that device, it's not going to be very cheap.
2022-2-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-17 00:29
And the same price

Ahh yes, that would be great also.  
2022-2-17
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Battery that can be replaced. 2 years product life because of battery is too short.
I agree that wheel from controller wheel. I use it with Pocket 2. That mini stick is very poor to handle and makes terrible noises clicking and clacking.
2022-2-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 04:01
Ahh yes, that would be great also.

Id bet money on it being more expensive at this point.
2022-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 2-17 09:10
Battery that can be replaced. 2 years product life because of battery is too short.
I agree that wheel from controller wheel. I use it with Pocket 2. That mini stick is very poor to handle and makes terrible noises clicking and clacking.

Its a crime that batteries cannot be replaced in devices,   I saw a thing the other day that showed how manufacturers have designed batteries that detect the cells have been replaced and disable themselves.
2022-2-18
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Pocket 3 is already there... Even reviewed...

2022-2-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now that would be nice.
2022-2-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would be willing to spend a bit on these upgrades!
2022-2-18
Use props
Japan Potato
lvl.4
Germany

I really wish for an 1 inch sensor + some kind of additional software stabilization (in good light, like the DJI Action 2) for Z Axis stabilization. Would make walking videos so much smoother, no more up and down movement. That combined with "real" 4K HDR video recording capabilities + H265 codec support, for saving precious SD card space, would make it an instant buy for me, no matter the costs.
2022-2-18
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 00:53
Its a crime that batteries cannot be replaced in devices,   I saw a thing the other day that showed how manufacturers have designed batteries that detect the cells have been replaced and disable themselves.

Yes I know that is their business model and big corporations have rights to destroy planet because of MONEY.

Anyways, if Pocket 3 cannot be changed battery then I will be happy without their crap 2 years products.
2022-2-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've yet to hear of anyone online saying "my DJI Pocket 1 or 2 has a flat battery and it can't be cheaply replaced".
2022-2-18
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Some guy changed successfully battery to Osmo Pocket but it was coded that Pocket 1 recognized that battery was changed so it did not power on.

Thats why DJI has "battery replacement service" but the fuck after 10 years sends something back to DJI because of that.
2022-2-18
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Switzerland

I could notice in the fake Pocket 3 review video, the excellent stabilisation, when using that DJI drone for (walking) filming. Almost no traces of the walking movements in video (the background is just solid stable). This kind of stabilisation is needed for eventual next Pocket version. There is much such walking filming when using Pocket as camera. Why cannot DJI implement the same for Pocket camera, while other of their (dimensional similar) product it already benefit of  an excellent gimbal stabilisation? Up and down movements in a walking video is indeed very annoying...
Also I can say, that the smalest possible dimensions for an Pocket camera it should not be  a must in designers mind. It is very handy heaving a little bigger item  in hand while filming, as it happen when the Pocket 2 it have connected the All-in-one handle. A little bigger Pocket model it may have many other and important advantages: it allow a bigger monitor display, It allow a bigger battery, eventual replaceable. It allow a full metal case, strongly needed to dissipate the processor heat, and well protect other components inside, it may allow using of a stronger and therefore more stable gimbal, bigger video sensor surface (better light and picture quality), it allow integrating the wifi section as well, and eventual an HDMI output, incorporating an tripod port to the body, and so on. A little bit bigger Pocket camera body it provide lot of more  other design and production advantages.
2022-2-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 00:45
Id bet money on it being more expensive at this point.

Unfortunately, that is probably a given.  
2022-2-18
Use props
Daniel Rivers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152116 ft
Ukraine

I am very supportive with the OP idea, all his points a very valid. We need an Osmo\Pocket PRO not just a regular update. I dont care if its gets bigger. Make a regular non-pro version for those who want it to be as small as possible. I would even love if DJI would stick their Mavic 3 sensor inside, but 1 inch sensor is a bare minimum. Yes a zoom would be awesome. 16-35 analogue in 35mm terms thats the best range for a gimbal. 5.3\6k 60p video would be a bonus. Somre sort of HDR in 4k as well. Z axis digital stab is a must. I would also love to see an HDR timlapse\hyperlapse mode, that takes HDR pictures (by blending multiple exposure, like our phones do) instead of just recording a video. Not that would be a dream come true pocket camera for me. Please make it happed DJI, I know you can!
2022-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 11:54
Unfortunately, that is probably a given.

Yes at this point it got to be true,  even wood fences have doubled in price here.
2022-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-19 02:05
Yes at this point it got to be true,  even wood fences have doubled in price here.

I think it all goes back to basic principles of supply and demand.  With the increase in annual population demand for products continues to increase, supply falls and prices rise.    The pandemic really did a number on the supply side of the house.  
2022-2-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Aavalaakso Posted at 2-17 09:10

Absolutely agree with you here. I think it's greedy and unenvironmental to make non-replaceacle batteries on devices.
2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 00:53

That's just evil and shamefully greedy These times need to make repairs easier, not harder!
2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Coris Posted at 2-18 02:21
DJI Pocket 3 is already there... Even reviewed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp1BgnZgE28

Lol at the "Pocket 3" XD
2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Interesting points, not sure how it would be possible to implement them all. I don't mind if it becomes a little bigger if it gets the upgrades :-)
2022-2-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

HGDC84 Posted at 2-21 13:31
Absolutely agree with you here. I think it's greedy and unenvironmental to make non-replaceacle batteries on devices.

As with all environmental matters, it's perhaps not that simple.  If the battery was replaceable by end users, the users would probably buy spares and perhaps buy more than they needed.  That wouldn't be so good for the environment.  I have a couple of cameras for which I have spare batteries but in fact I've never, or almost never, used those batteries.  My experience may differ from others of course...
2022-2-22
Use props
Game Start
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If they give us another device with all these unnecessary add ons again im not buying it... wifi joystick tripod mount etc all needs to be built in
2022-2-22
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 2-21 13:31
Absolutely agree with you here. I think it's greedy and unenvironmental to make non-replaceacle batteries on devices.

It was "easy" and fun to charge it using phone charger. But now when battery is so poor it feels so stupid to throw whole device to garbage. This opened my eyes with devices batteries included.

I have over 10 years old good and working products because batteries can be replaced.

Don't wanna spend every 2 years 600 euros for new Pocket. In 6 years it is 1800 euros. Could imagine how good semiprofessional camcorder or mirrorless you could get with that price. Sony AX53 was released 2016 and still works without problems since you can change battery even when it is in tripod.

Remember that 46% of faulty smartphones causes because of battery.

Excellent device as Pocket is is ruined by simple things like battery and software.
2022-2-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-22 00:42
As with all environmental matters, it's perhaps not that simple.  If the battery was replaceable by end users, the users would probably buy spares and perhaps buy more than they needed.  That wouldn't be so good for the environment.  I have a couple of cameras for which I have spare batteries but in fact I've never, or almost never, used those batteries.  My experience may differ from others of course...

Well, you are right in that these questions don't always have simple solutions. There are many factors to consider, such as the energy production and consumption for producing the batteries and electronics, pollution caused by transportation. This applies to both sides of the argument. And if the situation was like you said, then it could be true.

But on the other hand, it doesn't necessarily mean having non-replaceable batteries is automatically more environment-friendly (it causes pollution to transport the whole camera to DJI and back, and in some cases people could throw away an otherwise-perfectly-working devices if only the battery is at fault and not replaceable), and most certainly it is not a consumer-friendly solution.
2022-2-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Aavalaakso Posted at 2-23 08:53
It was "easy" and fun to charge it using phone charger. But now when battery is so poor it feels so stupid to throw whole device to garbage. This opened my eyes with devices batteries included.

I have over 10 years old good and working products because batteries can be replaced.

Best option would be to have both a replaceable battery and the convenience of the phone-charging capability. At least some (albeit it is way too rare) smartphones prove that.

The cost factor is also a good point. Again, the phones are a good example - in the good old Nokia days, it only cost a couple of tenners at max to change the battery when the old one started to die out, and there was no need to pay for the work as the battery change was such an easy procedure to do any phone owner could do it. Now, in too many cases, you'll have to either pay a ridiculous sum to get it changed by a professional due to the short-sighted and elaborate changing process, or buy a new phone altogether, which isn't that cheap either unless you go for the very basic ones.

Not all changes in technology are motivated by true progression - some are just backsteps mandated by the company's will to nickel-and-dime even more out of the consumers.
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for advice!

For the pocket 2 battery, we choose to make build-in battery because of the portable size of whole camera.
replaceable battery needs its shell ,and Disassembly mechanism , they all need space.  For a same size pocket2,  builtin battery capacity is much larger than replaceable battery.

For the battery life and product life concern,  you can always ask DJI aftersales to replace pocket2's battery.
And the cost will be cheaper than buying 2 batteries. (we made the battery disassembly quite easy for aftersale. Change battery charging free is the lowest one in repair process ).
If it is just a product life concern, plz contact aftersales , we will solve this. And 2 years warranty period is just a general criteria for all digital device. The battery life depends on how frequent we use it.
And the product reliability test is much strict.

I own sony cameras and buy addition 3 or 4 batteries is a another expense.  And if I had another choice, I would not carry any batteries out.
what do you guys think of phone battery?  why not to use better battery tech like the mobile industry on future product?
2022-2-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules