DJI Mini 2 Quickshot stability issue
827 6 2022-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paddycall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117979 ft
Ireland

I have a Mini 2 & Mavic Air 2 drones and use both with an iPhone X and also an iPad mini 5.

I find both drones great and obviously, the MA2 is a more professional drone, I really like the results that the Mini 2 produces, however, I have some pretty unstable issues with the mini whilst using Quickshots which tends to lead me to want to leave it at home and take the MA2 out with me instead - given the sub 250g status though, often its the Mini 2 i need!

Basically, the Mini 2 finds the target and locks on fine, but whilst carrying out a quickshot (and this appears to happen with circle, helix and boomerang - essentially all the dronie modes with lateral movement) it seems to get a certain distance from target then drifts way off course before completing and returning to its original starting place.

The resulting video starts off great but then completely loses the effect - the best word I can describe it with is 'clunky' - whereas the quickshots with the MA2 are really smooth and are in a completely different league.

I've seen other issues with quickshots being attributed to the mobile device being used, however I use the same 2 devices, and this only seems to happen in the Mini 2 drone and not the MA2 so i'm pretty confident its a drone issue.
I have seen some people get smooth quickshots with the mini 2 so i'm pretty sure its not that the drone isnt capable of it, its just that i'm not getting it out of the drone for whatever reason?

I've calibrated the drone both compass and gimbal several times, but doesnt seem to help. Would be delighted if anyone has a solution, as i'd definitely be more confident in using the Mini 2 more if i knew i'd get the results I wanted!

Many thanks!

this is an example of what i'm talking about - though far from the worst ive got!
https://vimeo.com/user89996055/review/677617991/5106aec2aa

2022-2-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
2022-2-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

You can try manually doing a circle, usually smoother but takes some practice!
2022-2-15
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Link to page not available
2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there paddycall. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please repost the said video that is showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you this matter. Thank you.
2022-2-15
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Use Litchi, far better results in circles
2022-2-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft