When? firmware
1313 14 2022-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

Is it just me? but why they dont update this drone? waiting for the 24fps...
2022-2-15
Use props
tikichomp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105049 ft
United States

I smell a FPV 2 in the oven...?
2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RiChaDo. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future firmware update for the DJI FPV and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-2-15
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

tikichomp Posted at 2-15 18:44
I smell a FPV 2 in the oven...?

A mini fpv hahaha and that will get 1 update
2022-2-16
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

98Octan Posted at 2-16 00:56
Flogging a dead horse...i bought my fpv because of good experiences with mavic air. Contentious firmware updates e.g. The fpv system is maintained very poor, my last DJI gadget

I got a Mavic air 2 but that drone got more updates then this one...I don't get it they release a drone then they seem to forget making it better with updates...instead they release another one
2022-2-16
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Probably never. DJI seems to have already stopped further development of the FPV drone firmware and I'd expect them to discontinue the drone itself in the near future too. On a positive note, that also means they won't brick it again with another broken, untested firmware release. It's in pretty good, functional condition now, so if they leave it alone that won't be a bad thing.
2022-2-16
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Yeah, that was my first and last DJI product
I am gonna switch to another brand for my next drone (the orange one ;) )
2022-2-16
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 2-16 06:13
Yeah, that was my first and last DJI product
I am gonna switch to another brand for my next drone (the orange one ;) )

I'm with you. Not only does this thing log me out evertime i attempt to fly now it puts up geofences that i cant unlock in the middle of nowhere. When i check UAV forecast or B4Ufly it shows no reason for authorization. Hello Autel.
2022-2-16
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe if you are all wanting updates to firmware you should be detailing clearly what updates you would like?  This in the off chance that some is reading this post from DJI?
2022-2-17
Use props
RiChaDo
Second Officer
Netherlands

They promised a update with 24fps and I can name a few things that can be improved or added but dont think my input going to matter..It's just sad that you buy a product and that's it! most things I own do get updated or inform you whats in the pipeline. It feels like a mistake (plastic) and they will fase out this product and give us another fpv but I will not buy that...
2022-2-17
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
United States

before the DJI FPV, I had the DJI Mavic Air (mk1) , and so expected the same level of support and updates on the DJI FPV.

but  DJI have done the absolute bare minimum on the DJI FPV... its a drone that had a lot of potential which they didn't pursue.

don't get me wrong, Im thankful , it got me into FPV, and Ive now bought a 'diy' fpv done , and the dji fpv still has its uses (scouting new areas, casual flying around)
but it feels like an experiment in a market place, that they have decided to not follow up on.

in the past, Id only buy DJI, as I thought they were committed to their users.
but frankly, Im now looking at Autel for a camera drone rather than DJI, something Id never had considered prior to the dji fpv.

as for another dji fpv (mini or whatever) , I  doubt it , I think this was a one off , a test of the market.
and DJIs lack of updates I think show, it didn't really take off (pun intended ;) ) as they expected/hoped.

I think the lesson DJI have 'learnt' is this hybrid is a bit too much middle ground, jack of all trades master of none ( fpv vs camera drone)

as for the future... I think  dji has 4 choices:

i) ditch fpv entirely
I think quite possible

ii) use tech on one or more of its  existing camera drones  
this will be **very** limited (or even not have) acro abilities.. since if its folding, you don't have the rigidity, and power is limited

they have already got limited FPV on them , so I see this as a strong possibility.
(basically the DJI FPV has just been a test bed for this)

iii) create a new hybrid drone that is focused on cinematic fpv (and not acro)
much better camera ( think air 2s)   and a 3 axis gimbal
more battery life.
but this will hit its performance ,
it won't be acro at all, it'd be cinematic with an FPV feel, which can then morph into a 'standard' camera drone.

whilst diehard fpv-ers will still hate it ;)
I think its probably what the a lot of the DJI customer base wanted (who are primarily camera drone flyers),
they want a camera drone thats a bit more 'involving'

iv) take the DJI fpv more FPV, aka dji mini
so lighter, more agile , stronger, cheaper(?)

frankly, I doubt this....
the diehard fpv pilots will hate it regardless.
the googles mean it can't be much less that $800-$900, so will be consider expensive
dji are mass market , they are not going to ship something with short battery life...
the DJI FPV is what it is due to the compromise they had to make to target its existing customer base.

but, unfortunately, given the lack of updates for the DJI FPV, Im not sure I really care what DJI does

2022-2-22
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

I never have bought any DJI products, apart from the DJI FPV, although i wish it would get more features and customizable OSD... i'd rather pick something that works, instead of possible bugs in new releases..
DJI understands perfectly the DJI FPV is a gateway for 'most' people to get into FPV flying, it's a great drone, but most people will hop onto something more durable and customizable.

I think they delivered a great product, but i have a feeling they won't release a new FPV drone. there isn't a big enough 'market' for this kind of drone, but i appreciate they did it because a lot more people took the jump to get into FPV
2022-2-23
Use props
skyscope
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4153563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Don't know what the problem is. The DJI FPV in it's actual state is nearly perfect for what it was designed for: To bring people like me into FPV, for creating cinematic FPV shots, without the hassle of configuring parts, the need to build up the drone by myself and maintaining unintelligent batteries. The possibilities to start or land with comfort in GPS-stabilized modes are the ice on the cake. And there will always be people like me, and so a market for that kind of FPV drones. If one wants a hardvore racer, fly 3 freestyle maneuver in a second, or likes indoor Cinewhoop-sstyle FPV, this drone simply isn't the right choice.

Regarding FW updates, sure it would be nice to get an update for using the Remote Controller with other DJI Air Unit or Caddx Vista drones, including switching the Goggles between them withount the need of rebinding. Yes, I would like to see a way to use the C2 tripple switch in manual mode for switching between different rates or pitch angles. Histogram or zebra would be helpful too.
And for sure, getting Gyro data from the drone or at least from the Action 2 that I'm using to get my footage, would be perfect. At times I had judder in the FPV footage, so I'd love to be able to use Gyro Flow. But I don't really expect to get that from DJI.

But besides that, where are real flaws in the FW that would need to get fixed? I got what I paid for, and for me it's working flawlessly since 3/3/2021.
Imagine you bought a Mavic 3, that's a completely different story...
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_zBGeLCVatLGE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805531 ft
Kosovo

In my opinion, DJI should at least do the following:

1. Make the Conttoller V2 compatible with Air unit and vista. Not forcing us to buy a separate 200 Eur controller. I am used to the v2 controller sticks movements and sensitivity (I assume I am not the only one), using it with different simulators as well for practice. This way, having the same controller for the DJI fpv drone, other drones or planes with Air Unit or vista, and for the simulator, makes me feel much more comfortable, rather then switching the controllers every time I use some other drone or plane, and get used to the sticks. This drone is expensive and very fragile which will stop you trying to perform a lot of tricks which you could probably do without problems, that's why the Controller V2 compatibility is very important, so you can just buy an air unit or vista and build a drone, or even buy a RTF one like Nazgul 5 Evoque.

2. Make the PID's available so we can further tune the drone.

3. Develope the Virtual flight for Android.

4. More video frames options (ex. 24 fps)

5. Offer a camera with 3 axis gimbal  and use as a mavic in normal and sport mode, while blocking the motors when flying in Manual mode (which in my opinion should have been done since the beginning). Since this is not a real freestyle FPV drone, it is also not a real kind of mavic drone (with that one axis gimbal you can't take good shots because with a little wind the drone wobles. Also if you are flying in normal or sport mode and come to a stop, the drone shakes havily), it means it is neither of them which to be honest makes me think that i bought a drone only to learn how to use throttle in Manual mode and paying 1700 Euro just for that is not what I was hoping for.
6. Improve image stabilization (similar to GoPro).

There are also a lot of good things which we all know and I don't think it is necessary to list them here, but all the above together with the price and lack of updates and attention from DJI, just make this drone a fail, and customers like me angry.

If your answer would be "there is going to be an FPV 2 drone", i don't care! I already paid the money and would like this drone to perform as it should. Not going to spend every salary I get on new DJI versions, models, controllers.

This is my personal opinion, I feel a lot of other customers feel the same while talking to them.

2022-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules