RS 2 Calibration Fails After Firmware Update Firmware: v01.05.00.20
8688 10 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

I can no longer get the Auto Tune Calibration to pass since doing the Firware update: v01.05.00.20 that I completed yesterday. The camera (Nikon Z6II w/ 14-30 f4) is in perfect balance on all three axis. The Auto Tune fails whether it is started from the iPhone App (which is up to date) or from the screen on the RS 2 handle. I have tried rebooting the gimbal multipule times and that has made no difference.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2022-2-16
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Something that I have noticed since the firmware update. When I attempt to run the Auto Tune nothing happens, no vibrations like I previously experienced when running Auto Tune.
2022-2-16
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Something is really wonky. When I go into the DJI Ronin app on my iPhone and tap on the 'Status' button, then scroll all the way to the bottom to the last option, 'Restore Gimbal Setup' and click on that button to restore after about 2 sec I get this message: "Restore Gimbal Parameters Failed".

The app is now asking me to update the firmware to 01.05.00.20 which is what I updated it to yesterday. When I click the update button I get Firmware Update Failed error - 1003.

What is the red icon in the upper left part of the screen? I have not seen this until these troubles started.
2022-2-16
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Russia

The same icon here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561
2022-2-16
Use props
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

There was also last year with that red icon:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=255979
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D764%26typeid%3D764

I would say it is a lack of GPS signal (from the icon) which is undocumented in user manual. It is probably triggered by a faulty status of the gimbal.
That should be just an effect, of your main trouble, not the reason. There must be some motors work during the calibration.
Did you tried to relink the Bluetooth link from your phone to the gimbal, also try it in an area where there is minimum of WiFi and Bluetooth devices.
2022-2-17
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Motors are not working. Settings are all zeroed out (see follow speed in above picture). Joy stick not working. Noting is working from either the app or the handle screen. This all happened after updating the to the latest firmware: 01.05.00.20. The weird thing, the app is telling me to update again to 01.05.00.20 the version that I just installed two days ago but when I try to update I get the following error message: "Firmware Update Failed - 1003".
I reached out to DJI Support via the chat service and they said that they would send my issues on the engineers but would take up to two days to get a response. Just waiting while holding a brick.

2022-2-17
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

For those who have been following this tread and wondering about the outcome. After filing a support ticket and trying to remedy things on my end DJI requested that I send it in for servcing. DJI Service has said that the IMU Main Controller Board was bad and they are replacing it. I have no idea if the FW update did a number on the board or if it is pure coincidence that it went out at the time of the update.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_Nli5OmM2f7jJ
New

Morocco

i have same issue thr red icon
2023-3-24
Use props
fans5aeba458
lvl.1
Germany

MRomine Posted at 2022-3-3 16:06
For those who have been following this tread and wondering about the outcome. After filing a support ticket and trying to remedy things on my end DJI requested that I send it in for servcing. DJI Service has said that the IMU Main Controller Board was bad and they are replacing it. I have no idea if the FW update did a number on the board or if it is pure coincidence that it went out at the time of the update.

Hello, don't worry, I have this problem too, please help
IMG_5216.jpeg
2023-9-6
Use props
madMARS
New

Uzbekistan

The stabilizer is a couple of days old and it just stopped working, what should I do?  at the top is this icon and error 1014
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

madMARS Posted at 9-14 08:30
The stabilizer is a couple of days old and it just stopped working, what should I do?  at the top is this icon and error 1014

Hi there. Sorry for this unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules