Can I activate for first time without DJI Fly app?
2720 10 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drobertsonnc
New

United States

Despite having a phone that meets the minimum requirements, DJI Fly app does not work on my type of phone.  So... is there a way to activate the drone so it will fly using a 3rd party app?  Can I activate it via computer?  Please help!  Thanks!
2022-2-16
Use props
drobertsonnc
New

United States

Fixed my own issue!  Borrowed my son's phone to activate it.  Now I am able to use a 3rd party app on my own phone to fly.  I can't help but wonder why a 3rd party app works better than DJI's own app.  
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're glad that you have already managed to isolate your query. Please note that we do not recommend using 3rd party application to fly your drone as we cannot guarantee the stability of the unit when using 3rd party apps, kindly please use the DJI Fly to avoid issues. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-2-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

drobertsonnc Posted at 2-16 17:33
Fixed my own issue!  Borrowed my son's phone to activate it.  Now I am able to use a 3rd party app on my own phone to fly.  I can't help but wonder why a 3rd party app works better than DJI's own app.

It does make you wonder, no doubt about it.  
2022-2-17
Use props
drobertsonnc
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 02:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're glad that you have already managed to isolate your query. Please note that we do not recommend using 3rd party application to fly your drone as we cannot guarantee the stability of the unit when using 3rd party apps, kindly please use the DJI Fly to avoid issues. Thank you for your understanding and support.

What other option do I have when you make an app that you know won't work on Samsung devices?  Buy a new phone?  At some point, your app designers had the choice to do the work to create something that works for everyone.  Instead, they took a short cut and said, "Screw them," to a huge chunk of the Android-carrying people.  Very disappointing.  If you have an option that will work for me, I'm all ears.  Right now, though, it looks like my choices are a 3rd party app that actually works or your app that won't even load on my phone.  
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_hKtQcPhieIbn
New

United States

How do you change your default user name?
It keeps resetting in the DJI Go4 app.
2022-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

drobertsonnc Posted at 2-17 04:29
What other option do I have when you make an app that you know won't work on Samsung devices?  Buy a new phone?  At some point, your app designers had the choice to do the work to create something that works for everyone.  Instead, they took a short cut and said, "Screw them," to a huge chunk of the Android-carrying people.  Very disappointing.  If you have an option that will work for me, I'm all ears.  Right now, though, it looks like my choices are a 3rd party app that actually works or your app that won't even load on my phone.

Thank you for your response. We totally understand you, drobertsonnc. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device model are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_65eInVOkJTGs
New
United States

Same issue here. I cannot activate via PC, and the packaging does not state "smartphone not included".
2022-3-6
Use props
djiuser_65eInVOkJTGs
New
United States

Same for me - cannot activate via PC. This is what happens when marketing over rides engineering. I've flown RC fixed wing for 30 years, drones are not a mature industry.
2022-3-6
Use props
djiuser_b0TD58h2ep6s
lvl.1
United States

drobertsonnc Posted at 2022-2-17 04:29
What other option do I have when you make an app that you know won't work on Samsung devices?  Buy a new phone?  At some point, your app designers had the choice to do the work to create something that works for everyone.  Instead, they took a short cut and said, "Screw them," to a huge chunk of the Android-carrying people.  Very disappointing.  If you have an option that will work for me, I'm all ears.  Right now, though, it looks like my choices are a 3rd party app that actually works or your app that won't even load on my phone.
Exactly, im having this same problem, and im pretty sure im going to return it and stay far away from anything dji
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_b0TD58h2ep6s Posted at 11-24 23:15
Exactly, im having this same problem, and im pretty sure im going to return it and stay far away from anything dji

Hi. Sorry abou the experience. I replied to you on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269024. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules