Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
9323 15 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoodLifeMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36677 ft
United States

Anyone try the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with the M3 yet?  It's got a Unisoc T618 processor.  Wondering if it will transmit 5.1K properly. My current Samsung tablet only shows a "frozen image" in 5.1K and C4K.
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GoodLifeMedia. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-2-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not approve any Android tablets and very few Android phones. You are on your own unless someone here has tested it.
2022-2-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 does not work with DJI FLY The cheapest Galaxy tab that works is Galaxy tab s6 lite.
2022-2-20
Use props
StrikerBB
New
Barbados

Niknik Posted at 2-20 17:23
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 does not work with DJI FLY The cheapest Galaxy tab that works is Galaxy tab s6 lite.

Hi Niknik,

I was using my Mavic Air 2 with my Galaxy Note 8 but I was having issues lately withthe charge port where the DJI controller connects to.

After doing some research, I saw that the Samsung Tab A8 works with DJI Fly and now seeing this made my jaw dropped because I just shipped a new 2022 Tab A8 to the tropics where I now live....very disappointed and upset about this.

Any real hope that they will work later?

Cheers and keep up the great work Bud.
2022-5-5
Use props
Pallol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1414761 ft
Australia

StrikerBB Posted at 5-5 04:13
Hi Niknik,

I was using my Mavic Air 2 with my Galaxy Note 8 but I was having issues lately withthe charge port where the DJI controller connects to.

There have been a couple of updates to the fly app since this tablet was released, are there any updates on whether it works or not? The tablet is on sale here, less than $300 and I was looking at getting it for the dji go3 app since that no longer works on my iPad and it would be nice to have one tablet for fly and go
2022-6-4
Use props
Grazuncle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2365 ft
United Kingdom

StrikerBB Posted at 5-5 04:13
Hi Niknik,

so although not on the DJI list... it does work?
2022-6-11
Use props
Satellitehead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6375 ft
United States

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022), Everything works fine with the exception of getting a black screen when I switch to 5.1k  
2022-6-12
Use props
Grazuncle
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Satellitehead Posted at 6-12 08:45
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022), Everything works fine with the exception of getting a black screen when I switch to 5.1k

thanks for replying @Satellitehead

Are you using the Fly app by any chance?

I'm guessing the screen is not too bright out door in bright sunshine... I changed my phone to a brighter display 1200 nits display) for that reason.

Thanks for your insights.
2022-6-12
Use props
Satellitehead
lvl.2
United States

Grazuncle Posted at 6-12 23:46
thanks for replying @Satellitehead

Are you using the Fly app by any chance?

Yes, I use the Dji Fly app. Sun glare is horrible on the Tablet, but I use a Hoodman sun hood that helps a lot with the glare.
2022-6-13
Use props
Grazuncle
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Satellitehead Posted at 6-13 06:59
Yes, I use the Dji Fly app. Sun glare is horrible on the Tablet, but I use a Hoodman sun hood that helps a lot with the glare.

This is really useful information.. thanks

I used to have to find shade to see my old phone display or goes out in duller conditions... LOL

Think I'll need a bracket then..

Thanks again for replying.
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_NQZypCsAyKeM
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I use the Dji Fly app. Sun glare is horrible on the Tablet, but I use a Hoodman sun hood that helps a lot with the glare.

Could you provide a link to the hoodman hood you use? I purchase a tab a8 for my mavic air 2 and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a hood that fits properly
2022-8-4
Use props
Satellitehead
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_NQZypCsAyKeM Posted at 8-4 08:26
Could you provide a link to the hoodman hood you use? I purchase a tab a8 for my mavic air 2 and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a hood that fits properly

Sure https://hoodmanusa.com/collections/aviator-hoods  In the dropdown, choose Model HAV2 for iPad 6 / Galaxy Tab S6, S5R
2022-8-5
Use props
djiuser_TlRgEUFAD3jr
New

United States

Does it work for the DJI mini 2?
2022-8-10
Use props
Paul Lopez
New

Puerto Rico

I the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A7 Lite SM-T220 32 GB Wi-Fi Android 8.7, good to use with the DJI mini 2?
2-11 05:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paul Lopez Posted at 2-11 05:49
I the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A7 Lite SM-T220 32 GB Wi-Fi Android 8.7, good to use with the DJI mini 2?

Hi, Paul. Thank you for reaching out. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is not confirmed to work with the DJI Fly app as it has not been tested yet. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions here https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-11 20:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules