RS2 Battery Grip USB port dislodged
2485 9 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Motionograph
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone else had this problem?
On the RS2 BG30 battery grip when the DJI Ronin-S tripod legs that come with the gimbal are attached directly under the USB-C port and the gimbal is standing upright as I mount and balance my camera, I notice the USB-C charging port is dislodged and pushed up into the battery grip. My camera is slightly heavy, but on average for most users: blackmagic pocket 4K, speedbooster, cine prime lens. Unscrewing the extended spreader relieves some of the pressure but the USB port is not back to its original position.

I have already replaced the original battery handle because the USB port was stuck inside the grip and I could not charge the battery. This current handle has not even been used yet and I noticed the port has moved just today as I was prepping for a shoot and balancing my camera.

Surely I'm not the first person to have experienced this?

Dislodged USB-Port

Dislodged USB-Port
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Motionograph. I am sorry for the trouble this has casued and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this with your DJI RS2 Battery Grip USB port, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-2-16
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

what i see in the picture that you are using a thirdparty quick release system,
which uses a screw too long than the original tripod!

so, this is NOT a DJI fail

have not gone so far and even with my tilta accessory adapter is not the case

2022-2-17
Use props
Motionograph
lvl.1

United States

Indio Posted at 2-17 02:02
what i see in the picture that you are using a thirdparty quick release system,
which uses a screw too long than the original tripod!

Correction Indio, I am NOT using any third-party parts at the base, nor am I using a quick-release. This is the factory included "extended grip/tripod" that came with my RS2. Using it as it was meant to be used. It even has writing saying DJI Ronin-S RS-005 on it. Seems like the screw could be slightly too long though. I did contact DJI support.

2022-2-17
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

never see this before

have a look at my picture how the RS-005 looks original
i have 2 of them, and also my old sold ronin-S has the same

you can see it also on the DJI store:
https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-extended-grip-tripod
and
https://store.dji.com/product/rs-2?vid=96711

so I don't think DJI delivered it that way,
but your RS-2 is rather a second hand purchase.

2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_KTzZMMgLAkvi
lvl.1

United States

Motionograph Posted at 2-17 06:26
Correction Indio, I am NOT using any third-party parts at the base, nor am I using a quick-release. This is the factory included "extended grip/tripod" that came with my RS2. Using it as it was meant to be used. It even has writing saying DJI Ronin-S RS-005 on it. Seems like the screw could be slightly too long though. I did contact DJI support.

[view_image]

Hey there!! I’m actually having the same issue!! What did you end up doing to fix it?!?
2022-5-6
Use props
Motionograph
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_KTzZMMgLAkvi Posted at 5-6 02:49
Hey there!! I’m actually having the same issue!! What did you end up doing to fix it?!?

I spent many emails and back and forth to DJI with pictures and finally they accepted to fix under warranty. This meant I had to send the bad battery grip back, they replaced it, and I received a coupon for a free tripod extender with the right 1/4-20 screw this time.
2022-5-9
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

cheer )))
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_tqa8MOLjX1I6
New
South Africa

Been struggling with the exact same problem. Being far from any DJI store I’d decided to use it as is but finally today, just before a client project, it just won’t work anymore. I’d be interested in knowing how you were able to solve this.
2022-9-1
Use props
Motionograph
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_tqa8MOLjX1I6 Posted at 9-1 02:10
Been struggling with the exact same problem. Being far from any DJI store I’d decided to use it as is but finally today, just before a client project, it just won’t work anymore. I’d be interested in knowing how you were able to solve this.

As stated in my last reply to a user I had to email back and forth with DJI technical support until they finally agreed to replace the battery handle, and also provide a coupon to buy a free handle extender that fit correctly. No other way other than to buy the two parts yourself and pay for them yourself.
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules