Whay happened to upward gimbal rotatio setting?
5836 25 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

This setting is now gone from both versions of the Fly app. I was looking to turn it off since I'm now having an issue when I rotate gimbal upwards using the wheel it continues to travel even though the setting is at 5.

2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Brian. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will forward this query of yours to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-2-17
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also missing this now in the fly app v1.5.9.
2022-2-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, just tried both of the above functions and both Ok and working fine on my android device, 1.5.9. Maybe try reinstalling the app?
2022-2-18
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 2-18 08:14
Hi Guys, just tried both of the above functions and both Ok and working fine on my android device, 1.5.9. Maybe try reinstalling the app?

I did that yesterday dl fresh installer from dji and installed on my android device. That still would not explain its missing also from the Apple device.
Android version v1.5.9-1015 Apple version v1.5.9-600
we are refering to the setting of
Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation that was between Gimbal Mode and Advanced Gimbal Settings.

2022-2-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 2-18 08:14

Did you have it connected to the drone and the drone running? It appears in the app when it’s not connected to the drone and the drone is turned on but once the drone is on and running it disappears.
2022-2-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The reason I even looked for it to turn it OFF is I'm having an issue with the gimbal continuing to rise even after I let go of the wheel. Even with the low setting of 10 No matter how slow I set the number it will travel a good distance when I let go of wheel...Something isn't right.
2022-2-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I miss understood here, I also don't have that setting on start up, but on my upward gimble movement with pitch speed set at 12 and smoothness at 18 it glides to a smooth stop just after releasing the wheel, it do's not continue movement as I can see, only to a smooth stop. Ideal setting for me. Sorry I cant be of more help.
2022-2-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this? I did gimbal calibration..Not sure what else to try. I was hoping to turn off the upward movement...
2022-2-18
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also noticed the 'on-off' button was missing too. But I assumed you've already played with the 'smoothness' setting and couldn't make the gimbal tilting to stop rapid enough?
2022-2-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2-18 13:43
Also noticed the 'on-off' button was missing too. But I assumed you've already played with the 'smoothness' setting and couldn't make the gimbal tilting to stop rapid enough?

Correct. I’ve always had at 15. Moved to 10. Even tried 5. The setting controls how fast the gimbal moved but nothing is stopping the travel after I let go of wheel. Going to make a video.
2022-2-18
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

where is that button ???
2022-7-27
Use props
djiuser_tJzIheJADCOa
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 02:02
Hi, Brian. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will forward this query of yours to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Hello, is there now an option to fix this problem? I wanted to allow upward gimbal rotation, but I don’t have the button or the advanced gimbal setting button.
2022-11-5
Use props
HomerMomer
New
United States

Hi, could customer service please provide an update as to what is going on with the missing 'upward gimbal rotation' on the Mini 2? The product specification page still states that the gimbal range is -90 degrees to +20 degrees if the corresponding option is turned on (otherwise -90 degrees to 0 degrees). However, right now, I only get -90 degrees to 0 degrees. There is no option in the 'Control' tab to extend the upward gimbal rotation range. This renders the drone completely useless for cinematic photography of sunsets and cloud formations.

Aircraft firmware: 01.05.0000
RC firmware: 04.11.0034
App version: 1.8.0  

Addendum: So I played around a little bit even considering downgrading the firmware (ended up not needing to do that) and installing an older version of the DJI Fly App (that did not work on my iPhone 12 Pro Max as its operating system is too new). However, I had my old phone, an iPhone 5s, lying around and installed the DJI Fly App on it, connected the aircraft and, to my pleasant surprise, it had the 'Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation' option in the 'Control' tab. I checked it, tested it on the Mini 2 and all worked fine. The only difference that I see is that on the iPhone 5s the App version is 1.8.10 while on the iPhone 12 Pro Max it is 1.8.0 (even uninstalling the App and reinstalling it using a QR code from the DJI website only resulted in 1.8.0). The iPhone 5s runs on an older version of iOS. So that may explain the difference in DJI Fly versions. In any case, I have a workaround for the time being and anticipate the required option to be available once 1.8.10 is available for iOS 15/16. On the positive side, using the much smaller iPhone 5s actually makes it easier from a handling perspective. The older and smaller screen constitute a limitation, but I am good with it for now as not being able to rotate the gimbal to 20 degrees really resulted in unacceptably un-panormaic panoramic pictures of sunsets and clouds.
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_IA74tFltlrUg
New

United Kingdom

So weirdly I got my dji mini 2 second hand 3 days ago and the gimbal look up option was there so I enabled it, I fired up my drone today and just 3 days later from my initial purchase the options disappeared, strange, I can still look up with the gimbal but no longer switch it off, just 3 days later the option has disappeared, I’m on an I phone se, an old one but running on the latest IOS, if there was a problem with how new or old versions with the app was or IOS’s on I phones why would I have the option only 3 days before to now not have it, my I phone hasn’t done any over night updates and the firmware on the dji app has always said firmware up to date, what the hell has happened here DJI.
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_IA74tFltlrUg
New

United Kingdom

So this morning from the post I posted last night, the 20 degree has not only gone as an option but gone from the gimbal itself, I can’t even look up now, what’s going on
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_7VNoA0lF5NDR
New

United States

Glhs958 Posted at 2-18 05:59
I am also missing this now in the fly app v1.5.9.
[view_image]
Was there a fix for the gimbal up option that was missing?
2022-11-11
Use props
djiuser_BcYntetqpgh5
New
United States

I am having the same problem, the gimbal up option is missing. How we can solve that?
2022-11-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2-18 18:02
Correct. I’ve always had at 15. Moved to 10. Even tried 5. The setting controls how fast the gimbal moved but nothing is stopping the travel after I let go of wheel. Going to make a video.

It's not the speed. it's the smoothness setting. Try around 18-20.
2022-11-13
Use props
fans69b478d2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446969 ft

Spain

Any news about this issue?
2022-11-18
Use props
fotonews
lvl.1
United States

Did anybody find an answer to this issue? hardware, firmware? How do I allow upward gimbal rotation? Dont have that option showing in iPhone 12 Pro, DJI Mini 2.
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fotonews Posted at 11-20 09:35
Did anybody find an answer to this issue? hardware, firmware? How do I allow upward gimbal rotation? Dont have that option showing in iPhone 12 Pro, DJI Mini 2.

Hi there, fotonews. We have responded to your inquiry in the other Forum thread. Please check this link for the response: {https://forum.dji.com/thread-279672-1-1.html}. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_HUBhyCpQjkke
New

United States

I write a review for DJI Fly app in app store,
And I wish it will fix sooner.
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_HUBhyCpQjkke
New

United States

I write a review for DJI Fly app in app store,
And I wish it will be fixed sooner.
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_HUBhyCpQjkke
New

United States

2022-11-30
Use props
Heckle0
lvl.1

United States

This has bee going on for a while. Fix it please. Its not like you have to design something new. Its a feature we had that went missing. Fix it. Might start shopping for a new drone elsewhere
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules