Beautiful Cinematic Sunrise
306 20 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

Hi all,

Snow is melting here in Illinois. I'm starting to see more beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

Neil
2022-2-16
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Amazing flight Beautiful colors
2022-2-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those sunrises where the light sneaks between the land and the clouds give the most spectacular skies. Lots of flat wide-open space there to zoom about
2022-2-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2022-2-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2022-2-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Nice flying - loving the barrel rolls!

Not sure I'd describe it as cinematic, though, unless we are talking a scene from a vampire movie or a Quiditch game in Harry Potter

The sky colour is spectacular. Are those orange/purple hues on the snow straight out of the camera or did you grade or up the saturation?
2022-2-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage.    Love the colors of the sky at sunrise.  

What a great location to fly at.  Saw some work going on there, so is that going to be a housing development?
2022-2-17
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-17 02:45
Nice flying - loving the barrel rolls!

Not sure I'd describe it as cinematic, though, unless we are talking a scene from a vampire movie or a Quiditch game in Harry Potter

Thank you for pointing out the cinematic stuff. I want to learn more how to describe cinematic. From my newbie knowledge about footages/videos, looks like cruising is not enough to describe a cinematic footage. What should a cinematic footage contain aside from cruising? I might be even wrong that cruising is for cinematic. Please let me know.

Yes, I increased the colors a lot to exaggerate what I see and few color changes.

Thank you.
2022-2-17
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 2-16 20:58
Amazing flight Beautiful colors

Thank you!
2022-2-17
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2-17 00:05
Those sunrises where the light sneaks between the land and the clouds give the most spectacular skies. Lots of flat wide-open space there to zoom about

I really got lucky that morning. Thanks a lot!
2022-2-17
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-17 00:46
Beautiful footage.

Thank you!
2022-2-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

neilfpv Posted at 2-17 05:25
Thank you for pointing out the cinematic stuff. I want to learn more how to describe cinematic. From my newbie knowledge about footages/videos, looks like cruising is not enough to describe a cinematic footage. What should a cinematic footage contain aside from cruising? I might be even wrong that cruising is for cinematic. Please let me know.

Yes, I increased the colors a lot to exaggerate what I see and few color changes.

Oooooh, the million dollar question... what does cinematic mean?

I watched a great video on YouTube a couple of montsh ago that does a really good job of making you think about it because it's not something that can easily be defined.

This kind kind of answers the question, but doesn't answer it. It's well worth a watch.

The closest I could come to defining it is that cinematic video has a 'feeling' about it that makes it feel more than just video... but realy that doesn't come close to a definition. Not only does my definition fall way short of what I feel cinematic fottage needs, but it's about 'feelings' - and how do you define those.

It's a real rabbit hole of a question, but I think that video does a really good job of showing that it's NOT just slo-mo, motion blur and muted tones, which seems to be a version of a simplified definition that is quite popular on YouTube.

2022-2-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

neilfpv Posted at 2-17 05:25

Oh, and I'm guessing you use 'newbie' only to refer to your video knowledge? There's certainly nothing newbie about that flying.... really impressive!
2022-2-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neilfpv Posted at 2-17 05:26
I really got lucky that morning. Thanks a lot!

My pleasure.
2022-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us.
2022-2-17
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice color! Nice shot flying by the snow plow.
2022-2-17
Use props
Climbnride58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

Really good job.
2022-2-17
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft