Matrice 300 Enterprise Controller and Airsense issues
2686 13 2022-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TommyDurango2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269177 ft
United States

Since I updated the M300/Pilot/RC/batteries to the latest firmwares 3.00.01.01 etc. several things happened; Airsense is gone and the RC will not connect to Assistant, all the batteries have had a charging issue. The charging has been waking a battery from 30-40% after a couple weeks they've refused to charge so I have to discharge in the aircraft to 10% and then they're able to charge and work normally. I refreshed the firmware on the aircraft but can't find where to do that on the RC without getting into Assistant. I did a factory reset on the two RCs as a stop-gap and I can update over WiFi but it won't refresh. Nothing has brought Airsense back. I'm in the US and never have less that 15 satellites. I'm just outside the controlled airspace of a small airport so it's easy to see what's missing. Also the M2EA sitting in my office is picking everything up within 40 or so miles with 9 sats. The only thing I can think is that I had a statewide unlock active when I did the first update back in december. Again.... ???The manual states something about Airsense will work unless disabled or misconfigured but I can't find any configuration to mess with.

Perplexed - Not sure what to do next

2022-2-17
Use props
TommyDurango2
lvl.1
United States

After resetting network connections and different cables and uninstalling Assistant I was finally able to get the RC connected. I downgraded everything to 2.04.xxx. then upgraded Pilot to 2.4.1.7 and airsense is back. Now I know I can get it back so will try again to go to 3.xx
2022-2-17
Use props
TommyDurango2
lvl.1
United States

I moved all back to 3.xx and air sense is gone. Moved each component back to 2.xx one by one to see what happens. Cleared all cache and factory data reset on the 3.xx and 2.xx RCs. Moved controller back to 2.xx and airsense comes up but no aircraft show. 3.xx RC has nothing.
Moved AC back to 2.xx and the 2.xx RC (C2) has Airsense working properly. The 3.xx RC (C1) shows aircraft but no info, no icon and no warning popup.
Moving all back to 2.xx as it must be an issue with the 3.xx on the aircraft.
IMG-0578.jpg
IMG-0579.jpg
2022-2-17
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

I fly missions above air fields : since latest release Air Sense got smarter. Before it's was alerting you for each and every airplane coming approx to your operation area. Since last release, it only notifies you when airplane is coming your way AND altitude, speed, ... is close to your aircraft.

It means a lot less warning.
See : https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20211130.pdf

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 14.35.39.png
2022-2-21
Use props
TommyDurango2
lvl.1
United States

Arnor Posted at 2-21 05:34
I fly missions above air fields : since latest release Air Sense got smarter. Before it's was alerting you for each and every airplane coming approx to your operation area. Since last release, it only notifies you when airplane is coming your way AND altitude, speed, ... is close to your aircraft.

It means a lot less warning.

Thanks Arnor - I'm happy with a lot less warning - the old was way too much. When I'm in an open area it's somewhat effective but the notices I've received are much less than needed. Most of my flights are in mountains or hilly areas, often with no internet (so no other system to depend on), and the old system at least showed aircraft on the map. I had a single engine aircraft fly directly over me at 1500AGL with me at 200 - it showed on the map but no notice came. I also had a Jet at 2500AGL and 3miles out on a direct course. It seems that it shows on a map at 1min out and the notice comes at about 30seconds ahead of potential intersection. Fine for open air, bad for heavy terrain. I wish I could customize the sensitivity at least for the map. Hear an aircraft, look at map, make my own decision....
2022-2-21
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

TommyDurango2 Posted at 2-21 08:12
Thanks Arnor - I'm happy with a lot less warning - the old was way too much. When I'm in an open area it's somewhat effective but the notices I've received are much less than needed. Most of my flights are in mountains or hilly areas, often with no internet (so no other system to depend on), and the old system at least showed aircraft on the map. I had a single engine aircraft fly directly over me at 1500AGL with me at 200 - it showed on the map but no notice came. I also had a Jet at 2500AGL and 3miles out on a direct course. It seems that it shows on a map at 1min out and the notice comes at about 30seconds ahead of potential intersection. Fine for open air, bad for heavy terrain. I wish I could customize the sensitivity at least for the map. Hear an aircraft, look at map, make my own decision....

Always a balance between too much and too little :-)

Send a request for improvement to DJI?
2022-2-22
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4917329 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We have three M300's one had to go back to DJI due to component failure, and dji enterprise refresh provided a fantastic service, and sent back a new replacement airframe.

Sadly the airframe that we sent back was the only one that had working airsense on it, now it seems none of them have working airsense.

Is it because the latest version of the controller firmware is to blame?

Should we roll back the firmware if so which version is the best?
2022-2-26
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 2-26 03:11
We have three M300's one had to go back to DJI due to component failure, and dji enterprise refresh provided a fantastic service, and sent back a new replacement airframe.

Sadly the airframe that we sent back was the only one that had working airsense on it, now it seems none of them have working airsense.

As mentioned above Airsense has been updated to become smarter. Are you sure it doesn't work? Have you been in contact with aircraft ( following rules, laws, ... )?
2022-2-27
Use props
TommyDurango2
lvl.1
United States

Arnor Posted at 2-27 04:11
As mentioned above Airsense has been updated to become smarter. Are you sure it doesn't work? Have you been in contact with aircraft ( following rules, laws, ... )?

Arnor,
It appears to be working however the system only seems to give enough warning to avoid and not plan and things don't appear on the map until the RC thinks it's a threat. I'm working through my distributer to go back through DJI. He specilizes in public safety and has had the same reaction from a few folks. The alerts are fine but if I hear something I want to see it on the map to make my own decision.
A friend told me non-enterprise drone started auto-landing with a nearby aircraft. I'm trying to test that as well to see what the 300 and M2EA will do. I wonder if there is a more detailed description of the new algorythms and programming available anywhere.
2022-2-28
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

TommyDurango2 Posted at 2-28 11:03
Arnor,
It appears to be working however the system only seems to give enough warning to avoid and not plan and things don't appear on the map until the RC thinks it's a threat. I'm working through my distributer to go back through DJI. He specilizes in public safety and has had the same reaction from a few folks. The alerts are fine but if I hear something I want to see it on the map to make my own decision.
A friend told me non-enterprise drone started auto-landing with a nearby aircraft. I'm trying to test that as well to see what the 300 and M2EA will do. I wonder if there is a more detailed description of the new algorythms and programming available anywhere.

I flew a mapping mission above an active airfield. It doesn't land by itself. You get different warnings. I like the way it works now, previous release was a pain : each and every planes in the area was notified as a risk.

The biggest problem is : most small plane / heli don't activate their ADS transponder and therefore you won't see those until they are in visual.
PS : military aircrafts won't appear on screen...and they fly low and fast sometimes outsides HTA or LFA.
2022-3-1
Use props
TommyDurango2
lvl.1
United States

Arnor Posted at 3-1 05:59
I flew a mapping mission above an active airfield. It doesn't land by itself. You get different warnings. I like the way it works now, previous release was a pain : each and every planes in the area was notified as a risk.

The biggest problem is : most small plane / heli don't activate their ADS transponder and therefore you won't see those until they are in visual.

Very happy to hear the enterprise models won't self correct. I fully agree the old system was a pain. Too much unnecessary alerting. The ability to change "radius to show on map" and choose Low or High sensitivity for alerting would be a great addition to the new system.
2022-3-1
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Belgium

TommyDurango2 Posted at 3-1 09:42
Very happy to hear the enterprise models won't self correct. I fully agree the old system was a pain. Too much unnecessary alerting. The ability to change "radius to show on map" and choose Low or High sensitivity for alerting would be a great addition to the new system.

That may be a good thing : the ability to define or customise a personal profile for Airsense warnings. In short : your own bubble around the UAV, and every other aircraft that comes into the bubble is marked as a warning.
2022-3-2
Use props
LinkedAll
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66168 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that is the case . Airsense on a customers M300RTK has quit after last update. Its not reporting any aircraft and drone pilot had a close call. Airsense should have reported the aircraft for it was very close. I think DJI is trying to kill aircraft with updates disabling certain safety features like airsense.

So whats the fix?
2023-9-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

LinkedAll Posted at 9-20 10:22
I don't think that is the case . Airsense on a customers M300RTK has quit after last update. Its not reporting any aircraft and drone pilot had a close call. Airsense should have reported the aircraft for it was very close. I think DJI is trying to kill aircraft with updates disabling certain safety features like airsense.

So whats the fix?

I'm using the latest firmware and airsense works.

Was the plane equipped with ADSB in the case you mentioned?
The source ?
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules