POLL: Connectivity Issues with A2S and RC Pro
2567 16 2022-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

If you are one of the ones affected by the "Aircraft Not Connected to RC" message, or even if you're not, please vote how often you get this message.  If you don't mind, please also respond with more information such as distance to the drone, etc.

Myself, I get the message randomly even with the RC Pro and the A2S in the same room.  Refreshing both firmwares for the aircraft and controller doesn't seem to correct the issue.
Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting
21.05% (4)
15.79% (3)
63.16% (12)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-2-17
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

I have not experienced any connection issues out to 5,200 feet in a very rural area with only tress up to 85' tall the only obstruction.
Maybe all participants should share their location: Urban or rural. Friends I have that live in developments and in small cities with tall buildings seem to have an issue.
2022-2-17
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

I've seen enough lol.  Returning mine for repair or exchange.  I fear some of us received from a bad batch....
2022-2-17
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

Out of the 4 times I went out flying with the Air 2S and RC Pro, two of them had one or more disconnections that lasted until landing and restarting the devices. One of the disconnects the sticks stopped working for a few minutes while the video feed was also out. Luckily (and also surprisingly), all disconnections were between only ~10-40ft away. When I was flying much farther away, there weren't any disconnects.

I sent the drone + RC Pro back and bought a new one with the standard controller and the issues stopped. My theory at the time was that the RC Pro seemed rushed and used to remedy a supply chain issue w the Smart Controller and maybe not fully tested for reliability. Not sure this is true but either way, I didn't want to wait on firmware until my return window ended as I updated once right out of the box and then again three days later and there were no changes to performance.
Edit: Also, both disconnects happened in rural areas. I actually flew in a densly populated portion of North Philadelphia for a shoot in between the two disconnection flights. So hundreds of buildings (and potential for all sorts of intereference) but no disconnects there. Really odd. First disconnect happened for a shoot on a 10+ acre property with only one home and trees surrounding that piece of land. The second was at an abandoned farmhouse on a nature preserve. There was a radio tower nearby for the second disconnect but nothing at the first.

2022-2-21
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

Thanks.  I'm wondering if the Fly App 1.5.10 makes any difference.  I would test mine, but it's in transit to DJI.
2022-2-21
Use props
Ski_K2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137671 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you see the results of this poll  without voting?
2022-2-27
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

Ski_K2 Posted at 2-27 09:18

I don't think you can, so just vote.

By the way, received my new RC Pro and all is now well.
2022-3-1
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

Ski_K2 Posted at 2-27 09:18

See if it shows now.
2022-3-2
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I have had zero problems with my RC Pro and the Air 2S.
2022-3-2
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Yikes - had my first disconnect today, in a really spectacular way. About 10 minutes into a flight the feed from the Air 2S went dead, and the aircraft disconnected warning came up. And it didn't come back on, and after waiting for about 15 minutes I decided the drone wasn't going to auto return to home, so I set out to try and find it. It wasn't that far away - definitely within line of sight, although there's a pretty big cell tower in the way, which may have caused the problem. The last spot shown on the map was a wooded area behind a church nearby, and once I drove up to the lot there the RC Pro reconnected with the aircraft and after a bit of bushwacking I was able to find it using the find my drone map tool. Two of the arms had broken off. I have care refresh, so off to DJI service it goes.
2022-3-4
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 3-4 21:40
Yikes - had my first disconnect today, in a really spectacular way. About 10 minutes into a flight the feed from the Air 2S went dead, and the aircraft disconnected warning came up. And it didn't come back on, and after waiting for about 15 minutes I decided the drone wasn't going to auto return to home, so I set out to try and find it. It wasn't that far away - definitely within line of sight, although there's a pretty big cell tower in the way, which may have caused the problem. The last spot shown on the map was a wooded area behind a church nearby, and once I drove up to the lot there the RC Pro reconnected with the aircraft and after a bit of bushwacking I was able to find it using the find my drone map tool. Two of the arms had broken off. I have care refresh, so off to DJI service it goes.

Oh sduck so sorry to hear this.  Definitely get the RCP replaced with the drone.  One thing about DJI is, although it takes a little time, they have good service.

Just because I ran a full battery down without the drone leaving my desk, just to make sure it stayed connected to RCP walking around my house and such, and flew 3 flights without incident, does not mean I feel 100% secure in my "replacement" yet for sure.

I'm glad you at least found it and can get service.  
2022-3-4
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

Thanks! Although you originally posted this a month ago, it's showing up as new for some reason. I've gotten the drone back from DJI service - or rather a new one from them. They were pretty particular about going over my logs, and asked quite a few questions - it seems their investigation revealed that the main board in the drone had some kind of electrical fault during the flight and essentially burned out, and hence the drone basically just fell from the sky. They asked some stuff about the RC Pro, but didn't think that was a part of the crash, so it didn't get replaced. And indeed it all seems to work again - no issues flying since getting the new one.
2022-4-2
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

sduck Posted at 4-2 13:31
Thanks! Although you originally posted this a month ago, it's showing up as new for some reason. I've gotten the drone back from DJI service - or rather a new one from them. They were pretty particular about going over my logs, and asked quite a few questions - it seems their investigation revealed that the main board in the drone had some kind of electrical fault during the flight and essentially burned out, and hence the drone basically just fell from the sky. They asked some stuff about the RC Pro, but didn't think that was a part of the crash, so it didn't get replaced. And indeed it all seems to work again - no issues flying since getting the new one.

Glad to hear
2022-4-3
Use props
djiuser_up89i957ANfw
lvl.1

United States

My New Air2S continues to disconnect and reconnect on it on all the time. I’ve asked DJI for help and have gotten none at all. It happens if I’ve updated or not updated the firmware. Always! Such a waist of time and money!
58F8951F-3049-474C-BDF3-453BDDA5A571.jpeg
A390DE12-2303-4988-BE51-1DA6EA50A9F4.jpeg
2022-4-5
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

It’s unusual if DJI support is of no use at all.  Have you created a support ticket at DJI.com/support?  You can request repair service online, print a shipping label and send it in.
2022-4-14
Use props
Evangeline
lvl.3

United States

My new RC Pro with Air 2s Flymore have the “not connected to aircraft” problem. I take off then video feed freezes and turns from color to black and white. It happens in my back yard and out in the country side farm land. I am retuning it to store for a refund even if I have to lay the restocking fee. The disconnect happens even when I launch with great GPS lock. It happens in the air and on the landing pad. 200’ away from me and hovering in front of me. I have done and verified all updates and calibrations. Even downloaded and used DJI Assistant 2 for firmware updates. Shipping back tomorrow. What a headache and time waste!
2022-5-17
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules