File indexing
1375 14 2022-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fDTcQ3qG7rAw
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I have only one problem with my Mavic 3 Cine. File indexing! Why can't I set the indexing to Continuous instead of it resetting to 0001 everytime I format the internal storage?

With my M2P it was a click of a button... anyone got any idea where that button went? Can we start an onslaught to DJI to have them fix this? It is really a hassle to find correct video on my computer without it.

Anyone else think this is a major pain?

Cheers!
2022-2-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Many do, but it seems we have to go through the same thing over and over with dji. Hopefully they change this. Thanks for posting .
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_fDTcQ3qG7rAw
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-17 10:16
Many do, but it seems we have to go through the same thing over and over with dji. Hopefully they change this. Thanks for posting .

I hope enough pilots get on board to get them to fix this! Thanks for posting!
2022-2-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A work around might be to, if possible, put a photo, with the same name as the last photo or video captured prior to the format, back on the drone after the format.
With regards to existing duplicate-named files, you could put them all in one folder then open a renaming program in/on the folder, sort the files by "date modified" etc. and rename them sequentially.
I use Bulk Rename Utility for such things.
2022-2-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why can't I set the indexing to Continuous instead of it resetting to 0001 everytime I format the internal storage?
Because DJI think we're all beginners and their sawn-off, entry level Fly app is all anyone needs.

With my M2P it was a click of a button... anyone got any idea where that button went?
It's one of many things that DJI left off when they concocted the Fly app.

Can we start an onslaught to DJI to have them fix this?
You could, but it's unlikely to achieve anything if you do it here.

Anyone else think this is a major pain?
Definitely

2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_fDTcQ3qG7rAw
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-17 11:53
A work around might be to, if possible, put a photo, with the same name as the last photo or video captured prior to the format, back on the drone after the format.
With regards to existing duplicate-named files, you could put them all in one folder then open a renaming program in/on the folder, sort the files by "date modified" etc. and rename them sequentially.

Thanks! I'll try that... while I hold my breath waiting on DJI
2022-2-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 needs to be fixed.
2022-2-18
Use props
djiuser_fDTcQ3qG7rAw
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-17 11:53
A work around might be to, if possible, put a photo, with the same name as the last photo or video captured prior to the format, back on the drone after the format.
With regards to existing duplicate-named files, you could put them all in one folder then open a renaming program in/on the folder, sort the files by "date modified" etc. and rename them sequentially.

Thanks... I got a renaming utility, and tho a pain, it does work.
2022-2-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_fDTcQ3qG7rAw Posted at 2-18 06:54
Thanks... I got a renaming utility, and tho a pain, it does work.

I am on a MacBook with out the program installed but working from memory of the process on a windows computer and the DJI naming structure (perhaps DJI_0123.xyz).I would combine two operations into one renaming.
First copy or move all the files you wish to rename to one folder.
Then, in BRU, sort them by a suitable time stamp. Then
part 1) highlight all files
part 2) set up deleting/removing the last 4? characters of the old name, i.e remove the old number (the option is somewhere in the middle of the top row of options) the extension is ignored by default
part 3) set up adding, as a suffix, sequential numbering including leading zeros to get back to the old name format. (the option is at the RHS of the top row of options).
part 4) press the rename button.

2022-2-18
Use props
djiuser_fDTcQ3qG7rAw
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-18 11:19
I am on a MacBook with out the program installed but working from memory of the process on a windows computer and the DJI naming structure (perhaps DJI_0123.xyz).I would combine two operations into one renaming.
First copy or move all the files you wish to rename to one folder.
Then, in BRU, sort them by a suitable time stamp. Then

I'm on a Mac and got a renaming app... it works. Thanks!
2022-2-18
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since DJI has fixed this 'automatic counter reset':
I can't find the option to manual reset to 0000.
Formatting the drive, resetting camera parameters doesn't do it.

Would anyone know?
2022-12-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put, in the correct folder e.g.DCIM\100MEDIA,  photo or video with the number part being equal to 999 or 9999, e.g.DJI_0999.JPG or DJI_9999.JPG, I don't know which triggers the opening of a new folder. The next photo/video should cause the creation of a new folder e.g. 101MEDIA and the photo/video should have the name DJI_0000.'whatever'.
2022-12-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 12-9 17:07
Since DJI has fixed this 'automatic counter reset':
I can't find the option to manual reset to 0000.
Formatting the drive, resetting camera parameters doesn't do it.

If you format the SD card in the drone after you copy your image files to a computer, thed file numbering will start at DJI_001.jpg
If you format the drive in the computer, the file numbering will resume with the next number after the last one you shot.
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

after a format, take a file named the one before the one you want to start at an put that in your folder.  might start the sequence where you want it...
2022-12-10
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, guys.
None of the above works for me. I tried formatting the drive from within the app (internal SSD M3 Cine).
Tried it with a micro SD as well.
I put a file on these drives DJI_0000 hoping it starts at 0001. Still it continued indexing from where it left off.
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules