857 4 2022-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

Hello All,
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to be asking this question, but here goes.  I recently  upgraded to a Mini 2, so now I can shoot at differnt FPS/resolution settings.  Is there a way to see or extract the meta data in the videos that I took to see what the setting are for each video.  Basically I want to compare the quality, or lack there of, of the various settings so are those setting buried in the image somewhere where I can retrieve them.  Generally if you shoot still photos in RAW format with a still camera like my Nikon, the data can be seen.  Is it the same for videos shot from my drone.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

2022-2-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
I don't know for the Mini 2, but for the Mavic2 you have to check the "subtitles" option, an SRT file will be generated with the video. Then in software such as VLC you have to open the video with its associated subtitles.
2022-2-18
Use props
Patek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16342 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-18 10:10
Hi,
I don't know for the Mini 2, but for the Mavic2 you have to check the "subtitles" option, an SRT file will be generated with the video. Then in software such as VLC you have to open the video with its associated subtitles.

Thanks LV.  I've done as you suggested, and now I need to interpret the data I see in the scroll.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured.  What I'm trying to figure out is the fps/resolution formula.  In other words, I can shoot in 2.7k at 60fps, 50fps, 40 fps, 30fps, etc.  or 4k at 30 fps, or 25fps, etc.  In the scroll I understand the f/stop, optical zoom, speed, etc. but the one I'm unsure of is the SS which I think stands for shutter speed.  So from it I can infer the frame rate I believe.  But nowhere can figure the resolution.  Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Ken
2022-2-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Patek Posted at 2-18 10:58
Thanks LV.  I've done as you suggested, and now I need to interpret the data I see in the scroll.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured.  What I'm trying to figure out is the fps/resolution formula.  In other words, I can shoot in 2.7k at 60fps, 50fps, 40 fps, 30fps, etc.  or 4k at 30 fps, or 25fps, etc.  In the scroll I understand the f/stop, optical zoom, speed, etc. but the one I'm unsure of is the SS which I think stands for shutter speed.  So from it I can infer the frame rate I believe.  But nowhere can figure the resolution.  Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

If viewing in the Fly app album, click the white dot with 'i' in it next to the file name, or scroll up. In Windows right click and choose details.
2022-2-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Yes, as Mobilehomer indicates, you can right click on the file, then properties, then details. Theoretically in Video you should see the frame size therefore the resolution, as well as the FPS.
2022-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules