Ronin RS2 stops charging after a couple of %
1916 0 2022-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRVB
New
Flight distance : 44035 ft
Netherlands

Hey guys, I'm new here on the channel, but a long time user of a DJI drone.

This week I bought a Ronin RS2 pro combo to upgrade my stabilized footage. Although I haven't really used it outside of my own home, the tests i"ve ran make me really excited about what I can do with this gimbal.

However, it wouldn 't charge!

I was suprised I had to buy my own adapter to charge the darn thing. So I bought a UGREEN adapter with proper wattage (22.5W) and 3.0A output, and use this to charge the gimbal with the out-of-the-box USB-A to USB-C cable. This has helped my issue a bit: it would begin charging now. But only for a few %, and then it stops. I.E.: I was at 22% battery, I plugged it in, it charged to about 32%, then stopped. I wondered at this, unplugged the cable, plugged it back in, it started charging again, great, no problem! Then it stopped again at 38%.

This goes on and on, and while I'm next to the battery and keeping an eye on the charge-bar, plugging it out and in every now and then when I see it has stopped charging, I can charge it up to max (I think, I'm at 57% as I typ this) but it's not really a sustainable way of charging. I'd like to have the freedom to charge my batteries unsupervised, or overnight maybe, and not have to worry about it stopping.

Anyone else encountered this problem? any tips to fix this?
I've got the latest firmware, did my updates this morning, and I really can't think of anything else thats the problem here...
2022-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules