1085 40 2022-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a short clip from the 3 day festival in Norwich to brighten up the winter evenings...sadly Eunice caused the cancellation of the second night, (tonight) and iyt looks as tjough Saturday will be a wash out with all the rain.

Filmed with my OP on a lightweight tripod and extension rod... 30 minutes with a picture every 2 seconds..

2022-2-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Saw the link you sent me, and commented. Superb.
2022-2-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-18 10:37
Saw the link you sent me, and commented. Superb.

Thank you, the one downside to the Extension rod is that you cannot dial-down the sensitivity of the button that moves the gimbal; you have to be so so gentle with it...But at the ESA event where there were hoards of people, just shoot above their heads..#JobDone
2022-2-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Short, but well done.  
2022-2-18
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Very effective.

I'm just in the process of buying the mini control stick for my OP and I believe that has the same issue as the one on the extension rod that you describe.

Shame, because I think it's adjustable on the Pocket 2 and would probably just require a firmware update on the original OP.
2022-2-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-18 13:28
Very effective.

I'm just in the process of buying the mini control stick for my OP and I believe that has the same issue as the one on the extension rod that you describe.

Thank you, I have the OP2 but cannot see a way to ‘slow’ the control down enough on the OP2 or extension rod….No chance of a firmware update, it be soon time for a new OP to tempt the wallet…built in obsolescence much?
2022-2-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-18 10:55
Short, but well done.

Thank you, Downtown.
2022-2-18
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2-18 14:25
Thank you, I have the OP2 but cannot see a way to ‘slow’ the control down enough on the OP2 or extension rod….No chance of a firmware update, it be soon time for a new OP to tempt the wallet…built in obsolescence much?

Don't get me started on the dropping of updates!

It was on the forum somewhere that someone mentioned that it was "a shame that you can't adjust the speed of the mini control stick on the OP like you can on the Pocket 2".

Maybe it's just the mini control stick and not the extension rod - even though they are effectively the same control. Or maybe they'd just made an assumption...

2022-2-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-18 14:33
Don't get me started on the dropping of updates!

It was on the forum somewhere that someone mentioned that it was "a shame that you can't adjust the speed of the mini control stick on the OP like you can on the Pocket 2".

You can adjust the speed of the Pocket 2 with the attached control stick...
"How do I change the speed of the DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick? Swipe down on the touchscreen, tap the Settings icon, tap Accessories, and select Control Stick Speed for adjustment."
From https://www.dji.com/uk/pocket-2/faq

However, plug it into the DJI Extension Rod and those speeds are I think changed back to the defaults...the panning and tilting is much quicker using the extension rod, sadly!
2022-2-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very cool. Love that cathedral's west front. The timing is just right for the clouds. Nicely done!
2022-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice,  interestingly Southend has one of these light shows at the moment too.
2022-2-19
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2-18 15:32
You can adjust the speed of the Pocket 2 with the attached control stick...
"How do I change the speed of the DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick? Swipe down on the touchscreen, tap the Settings icon, tap Accessories, and select Control Stick Speed for adjustment."
From https://www.dji.com/uk/pocket-2/faq

That's odd, isn't it!

As the Mini control stick came after the extension rod I thought they'd just realised how popular a way of controlling the gimbal it was, so released a standalone accessory to give people the same functionality without the stick. So it seems odd for them not to have the same functionality. But that's DJI, I guess, sometimes they just don't make sense (Mini 2 RC and the Sim, for example)
2022-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Lovely play of lights! Thanks for sharing this Chris.
2022-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 2-18 14:25
Thank you, Downtown.

My pleasure Chris.    Have a great weekend.
2022-2-19
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 04:26
Lovely play of lights! Thanks for sharing this Chris.

Thank you DJI Paladiin
2022-2-19
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-19 05:09
My pleasure Chris.    Have a great weekend.

Thanks, you too!
2022-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the well wishes.  Got a dive in yesterday so the weekend started off quite well.
2022-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nicely made!
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ChrisJG Posted at 2-19 07:33
Thank you DJI Paladiin

You are most welcome, Chris Take care always!
2022-2-21
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

That's neat.  Great idea.
2022-2-21
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great time lapse.
2022-2-21
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-20 04:12
Thanks for the well wishes.  Got a dive in yesterday so the weekend started off quite well.

Glad to hear, any photos?
2022-2-22
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you!
2022-2-22
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scubaAnn Posted at 2-21 06:25
That's neat.  Great idea.

Thank you!
2022-2-22
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you!
2022-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2022-2-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 2-22 09:52
Glad to hear, any photos?

Bleriot just asked the same question.  I keep procrastinating on what camera to buy.  ScubaAnn had me convinced on getting the Action 2 but then a fellow diver demonstrated his submersible UAV and now I'm just not sure which way I want to go.  So I just keep procrastinating.  Guess one day I may just flip a coin and go for it.  In the meantime I just love to dive as it is a great stress reliever and keeps me in good shape.
2022-2-23
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-23 03:49
Bleriot just asked the same question.  I keep procrastinating on what camera to buy.  ScubaAnn had me convinced on getting the Action 2 but then a fellow diver demonstrated his submersible UAV and now I'm just not sure which way I want to go.  So I just keep procrastinating.  Guess one day I may just flip a coin and go for it.  In the meantime I just love to dive as it is a great stress reliever and keeps me in good shape.

I haven't dove with the Action 2 yet.  I hope to go next month and do side-by-sides with the hero 9 and action 2.   Just get both!  LOL
2022-2-23
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You bet !
2022-2-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 2-23 06:17
I haven't dove with the Action 2 yet.  I hope to go next month and do side-by-sides with the hero 9 and action 2.   Just get both!  LOL

I may well just have to give the Action 2 a try.  
2022-2-24
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-24 03:30
I may well just have to give the Action 2 a try.

LOL.   How does your grandson like his GP10?
2022-2-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 2-24 05:33
LOL.   How does your grandson like his GP10?

Unfortunately for me he loves it.  He has used it for a couple of school projects.

He is going to take his PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification this summer so I'll have a new dive partner sometime this summer.  He is a strong swimmer and a quick learner so I have no doubt he'll get certified.  I'm pretty sure I know what he'll be wanting for his birthday presents.  
2022-2-25
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-25 04:15
Unfortunately for me he loves it.  He has used it for a couple of school projects.

He is going to take his PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification this summer so I'll have a new dive partner sometime this summer.  He is a strong swimmer and a quick learner so I have no doubt he'll get certified.  I'm pretty sure I know what he'll be wanting for his birthday presents.

Kids catch the bug so fast.  Have fun with that extra expense. Then what makes it even better is that they grow out of wetsuits, etc.
2022-2-25
Use props
ShiuRao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185673 ft
New Zealand

very nice video thanks for sharing
2022-2-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 2-25 05:28
Kids catch the bug so fast.  Have fun with that extra expense. Then what makes it even better is that they grow out of wetsuits, etc.

You bring up a great point about wetsuits because lately he has been shooting up in height like almost overnight.  He already has professional mask, snorkel and fins so I just have to add everything else before he starts training.  
2022-2-26
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-26 07:31
You bring up a great point about wetsuits because lately he has been shooting up in height like almost overnight.  He already has professional mask, snorkel and fins so I just have to add everything else before he starts training.

Yep.  But it's a wonderful life with diving.  Never imagined the beauty and peace it can bring.  Sssshh.  Don't tell more people.  When people get involved, humankind ruins everything.
2022-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 2-26 13:26
Yep.  But it's a wonderful life with diving.  Never imagined the beauty and peace it can bring.  Sssshh.  Don't tell more people.  When people get involved, humankind ruins everything.

Agree.  So much to see underwater and it is always so peaceful.  Definitely a stress manager, provided I stay away from cave diving.  
2022-2-27
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-27 03:55
Agree.  So much to see underwater and it is always so peaceful.  Definitely a stress manager, provided I stay away from cave diving.

I'm not big on cave diving.  Just done some caverns and cenotes in Mexico.
2022-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 2-27 14:20
I'm not big on cave diving.  Just done some caverns and cenotes in Mexico.

I did cave diving twice now and will probably not try that again.  Just too many things that can go wrong in those caves.  I'm just not that adventurous anymore I guess.  
2022-2-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Nice footage!
2022-3-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now