Firmware Update Question
1324 3 2022-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have had my MA2 since they first came out.  I do all my updates directly on the mobile device versus using DJI Assistant 2. Early on, when a firmware change came out you got a message (each time a different battery was inserted) that the firmware needed to be updated.  Many experienced drone pilots have stated over and over in this forum that each battery needs to be updated.  Sometime in the last year I stopped getting the firmware update message when I inserted a different battery.  I still was able to update each battery by uploading the new firmware after inserting each battery.  Now, after the most recent firmware update, I don't find the ability to do a firmware update as I change batteries.  When I check for updates on the About page, it says I have the most current version but there's no way to force another update as I change batteries.  What am I doing wrong?  And is there any need to update each battery if no message pops up saying one is required?  Thanks

2022-2-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The batteries probably don't need updated.
2022-2-18
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

@Mobilehomer is correct Batteries don't need updating anymore all the "minor bugs" worked out.
2022-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Please note that there is no need to update every battery that you own unless the application requires you to perform the update. In addition, you may connect your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and kindly please refresh the firmware then check if the issue persists. You may also uninstall and reinstall the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.  
2022-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules